Christopher Nolan's Interstellar

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even this latest trailer doesn't get me excited. I'm sure it'll be a great film but usually Nolan's films get me really hyped.

The very first trailer for this movie had me excited, since then the last two haven't.

I want it to be a space/sci-fi film and the trailer has me wondering if that is the background story to a story about family; which is cool, but I always envisioned a space/sci-fi Nolan film as something special.

However Nolan doesn't like to show too much in his trailers...so fingers crossed that the majority of the film takes place in space and Nolan is just hiding most of that from trailers as it gives away too much of the story.

It looks good glad they are not giving everything away just yet like most movie trailers do.

Hope its really original because so far i can already see how its playing just by piercing together the trailers and bits of spoilers.
Im no more interested in Nolan directing style, or should i say Wally Pfister since Transcendence looks exactly like a Nolan movie, so i hope the story is good.

The angular ship does look cool tho...

To be honest, if Nolan's name wasen't attached to this, I probably wouldn't want to go watch this in the theater.

Matthew McConaughey has been doing good work, especially True Detective. However, there isin't high anticipation swirling around for me.

Insomnia was his only week link IMO. Even his debut "Following" was better then that. I'll go see any movie with his name attached as director. In Nolan I trust.

This. Keep in mind that he didn't have a writing credit for Insomnia. All his other work he helped write. This newest trailer looks the most interesting but it still doesn't get me hyped up. I'm glad things will be kept under wraps for the actual screening of the film but I think Prestige, Inception, and all the Batman movies had better trailers that got me excited to see them.

This. Keep in mind that he didn't have a writing credit for Insomnia. All his other work he helped write. This newest trailer looks the most interesting but it still doesn't get me hyped up. I'm glad things will be kept under wraps for the actual screening of the film but I think Prestige, Inception, and all the Batman movies had better trailers that got me excited to see them.

Exactly- It does not look that original or bizarre or trailblazing...ughh
I am the biggest Nolan fan you might find but Inception looked amazing from first trailer on..this....ughhh it does look like a Spielberg film(and he opted out)

Exactly- It does not look that original or bizarre or trailblazing...ughh
I am the biggest Nolan fan you might find but Inception looked amazing from first trailer on..this....ughhh it does look like a Spielberg film(and he opted out)

J. Nolan wrote that script for Spielberg. I was interested in this then but when C. Nolan took over the project and reworked the script to add his own elements to it, I was pumped. But now? Eh. It's nice not being so excited to see a movie. Less likely to be let down.

So I saw the new trailer during Guardians and I enjoyed it a lot more. I don't have exceedingly high expectations for the film, but Nolan and space is enough to get me excited.

Saw this trailer during GOTG. Is it just me or does it seem there is more to this movie than the trailer is letting on? Like aliens or something?

I consider myself a Christopher Nolan fan, but nothing about the trailer really grabbed my attention except the thought of there maybe being something fishy.

New poster...

15289998345_41263184f1_b.jpg

Last edited:
Christopher Nolan has never written/directed a straight-forward, what you see is what you get type of film. So I'm surprised people think that based on the trailers for this. :lol

Back