Christopher Nolan's Interstellar

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Completely UNDERwhelmed and I had huge hopes..Nolan directs a small-scale pic like this after two gigantic epics? Yes the space visuals are nice but nothing startling- I found the space stuff in Prometheus much more refreshing and new...

Completely UNDERwhelmed and I had huge hopes..Nolan directs a small-scale pic like this after two gigantic epics? Yes the space visuals are nice but nothing startling- I found the space stuff in Prometheus much more refreshing and new...

eh, i didnt find anything refreshing in that movie

This looks really good. Matthew McConaughey is doing some really good work lately so his performance alone should be good.

Look's very powerful, trailer choked me up a little. I'm a sucker for the Father/Daughter dynamic. Movies are almost never as good as the trailer, but this looks absolutely beautiful.

Look's very powerful, trailer choked me up a little. I'm a sucker for the Father/Daughter dynamic. Movies are almost never as good as the trailer, but this looks absolutely beautiful.
Never say never...Edge of Tomorrow proved that film can out do trailers...Nolan I think is definitely a guy who can possibly surpass certainly some expectations

So nice to see a trailer for an OPTIMISTIC sci-fi movie. One that doesn't talk about some bullsh#t technological post-apocalypse, the hubris of men, the destructive power of the atom, or a fu#king microwave uprising against humanity. Instead we get an sci-fi flick about a huge scientifc enterprise in the spirit of Carl Sagan, exploring the unknown, and humanity trying to enter a whole new chapter. It's been a while since we had one of those.

I am expecting a grand cinematic spectacle in the style of old Spielberg. It's the kind of movie, that has the potential to bring awe to the theatre, with each new SF vista it shows. One of the things I liked about this trailer, is just how real and palbable, it all looks. None of that CGI oversaturation. Nolan's down to earth style of filming, might be a real asset here. Looks like IMAX-only movie.

To be honest, if Nolan's name wasen't attached to this, I probably wouldn't want to go watch this in the theater.

Matthew McConaughey has been doing good work, especially True Detective. However, there isin't high anticipation swirling around for me.

Insomnia was his only week link IMO. Even his debut "Following" was better then that. I'll go see any movie with his name attached as director. In Nolan I trust.

I have watched this Trailer 5 times so far, and each time I get more excited to see this film. So beautiful, emotional, and just leaves your mouth agape at the epic scale of this adventure, and this is just the trailer. I can't even bring myself to close the window the trailer is loaded in.

This is why I go to movies.

Please don't disappoint me.

So nice to see a trailer for an OPTIMISTIC sci-fi movie. One that doesn't talk about some bullsh#t technological post-apocalypse, the hubris of men, the destructive power of the atom, or a fu#king microwave uprising against humanity. Instead we get an sci-fi flick about a huge scientifc enterprise in the spirit of Carl Sagan, exploring the unknown, and humanity trying to enter a whole new chapter. It's been a while since we had one of those.

I am expecting a grand cinematic spectacle in the style of old Spielberg. It's the kind of movie, that has the potential to bring awe to the theatre, with each new SF vista it shows. One of the things I liked about this trailer, is just how real and palbable, it all looks. None of that CGI oversaturation. Nolan's down to earth style of filming, might be a real asset here. Looks like IMAX-only movie.

What? :lol

Did you miss the part of the city full of dirt and dust everywhere and needing to find a solution to the end of the world ? to "Save the world"?

Im sure the problems in the movie will be man made :lol:lol

But they are not the point of the story (plus so far everything suggests that the resource crisis in the movie is more of the "it was inevitable" flavour, rather than "we destroyed the earth, couse technology is bad and civilization is an evil parasite"). The exploration of space, and humanity entering a whole new stage, is the heart of the movie. Not "saving" the earth (which was said literally in the trailers released so far), or going back to the previous status quo, as is the case with most disaster movies. It's very much the Star Trek's "boldly going where no one....".

Back