NHL General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Suspended for 3 games.

Yep. I knew there was no way around a suspension after I got a good look at the hit. You can't hit someone directly in the head nowadays and not end up getting some time off. Let's see if Seabrook will even get a chance to play another game in this series. The Hawks are going to have to do a much better job closing out games if they want to stay in this series. It'll help if some of the forwards would start stepping up and score. D men have scored 4 of the 6 goals the Hawks have in this series so far. That ain't gonna cut it.

How did Fleury look? Was on the phone with a girl and missed the first two goals. Caught it when it was 2-1... saw the third goal. I know the third goal wasn't his fault. That was a great play and a fast redirect... bounced off of Atkinson from the corner. But yeah, we sure poured it on in no time at all after that. Loved it!

How did Fleury look? Was on the phone with a girl and missed the first two goals. Caught it when it was 2-1... saw the third goal. I know the third goal wasn't his fault. That was a great play and a fast redirect... bounced off of Atkinson from the corner. But yeah, we sure poured it on in no time at all after that. Loved it!

The first was a rebound the defence should have the man, but he also should steered it aside

Second again he made first save and they poked in the rebound

Defence is really letting him down, but he needs to make a game changer at some point, think they said yesterday that he has let in 3 goals in seven straight play off games now going back to the Philly series

See what jack Johnson said? What a retard

Nope. What was it? Not that it matters... if it was ignorant and rude, he's small time IMO. Years from now nobody will be thinking of guys like him.

Further more on what you discussed, we won't go far with Marc-andre Fleury giving up 3 or more goals for the next seven games. More-so, because the Pittsburgh Penguins won't be playing in that many games if that consistency (which is an unfortunate truth), keeps up. That's a glorious eye sore, that even this fan can't ignore. He has to be a difference changer as you explained, especially in those games where the Penguins aren't getting 3 or more in return. It hasn't helped that the big guns aren't getting on the scoresheet like the Colorado Avalanche's top guns are.

Having said that, the Flower did win a Cup on a 2.61 GAA. Must have been lovely to have the likes of Evgeni Malkin and Sidney Crosby playing out-of-this-world hockey, and thus their lines following suit as a result. Sure the team was giving up nearly 3 goals a game, but when you have two monster lines like that going, that's more than what the league's best shut down lines can handle. It's what gets you the Cup. Not always, but it did in 2009. Thing is Fleury needs to be more like his 2008 self, with the Pen's offence being their 2009 counterpart. The best of both worlds would make us an unstoppable team.

Too many non look behind passes, fancy but lazy plays from the two best forwards in the known hockey world, and shaky goaltending is what is costing us. Also the fact our bench boss isn't pressing on his troops enough. I am starting to think he's playing everyone's best friend. The best friend approach doesn't always work. It's a job. It's playoff hockey. Things should be stressful. By that, good stress. Sometimes you need to scare the troops... make things uncomfortable and rattle some guys cages to get them to play at their full potential, because I haven't seen Crosby and Malkin at their best in a long while. It's a lovey dovey boy's club from the sounds and looks of things. I just don't see the urgency and tensity in their game, like a team wanting to win it all.

I have zero faith we win the Cup this year, and last season I was so confident we would win it. It has nothing to do with the fact we didn't take on any big players like last Spring. I knew that buggered up a great thing we had going. Team chemistry. Playing Jarome Iginla on that PP1 unit, despite having a more appropriate guy for that role in Chris Kunitz. Remind me how we did before all of those deals? Oh yeah, we had a franchise record 13 straight wins. Kunitz was a First Team All-Star, not Iggy. Yet despite Kunitz' success, he was leapfrogged by some new face, who has shown a regression in his game. Even our ES lines were altered. Guys like Pascal Dupuis who had great success with Sid on the top line were shuffled around, sometimes to the bottom six. Nice way to treat a guy who's been one of your solids for the past few years. Nope. Regardless of what I just said, my faith in this team is diminished from the lack of the aforementioned. Disinterest. I don't care if they say otherwise... I have seen teams with lesser talent, that should have no stake where they are, get their by urgency, desire, and a team system they believe in. 1995 New Jersey Devils, anyone?

Last edited:
Also, I am getting sick and tired of people saying Nathan MacKinnon could be better than Sidney Crosby because of what he did in his first two playoff games. Oh go choke on a reality pill. He's no Crosby and it's not even close. They are worlds apart. Nathan will be a great hockey player. Maybe even top 5 consistently, year-in and year-out, but stop the fluff that he is comparable or better... he's not. Please, just stop. lol

Nope. What was it? Not that it matters... if it was ignorant and rude, he's small time IMO. Years from now nobody will be thinking of guys like him.

Further more on what you discussed, we won't go far with Marc-andre Fleury giving up 3 or more goals for the next seven games. More-so, because the Pittsburgh Penguins won't be playing in that many games if that consistency (which is an unfortunate truth), keeps up. That's a glorious eye sore, that even this fan can't ignore. He has to be a difference changer as you explained, especially in those games where the Penguins aren't getting 3 or more in return. It hasn't helped that the big guns aren't getting on the scoresheet like the Colorado Avalanche's top guns are.

Having said that, the Flower did win a Cup on a 2.61 GAA. Must have been lovely to have the likes of Evgeni Malkin and Sidney Crosby playing out-of-this-world hockey, and thus their lines following suit as a result. Sure the team was giving up nearly 3 goals a game, but when you have two monster lines like that going, that's more than what the league's best shut down lines can handle. It's what gets you the Cup. Not always, but it did in 2009. Thing is Fleury needs to be more like his 2008 self, with the Pen's offence being their 2009 counterpart. The best of both worlds would make us an unstoppable team.

Too many non look behind passes, fancy but lazy plays from the two best forwards in the known hockey world, and shaky goaltending is what is costing us. Also the fact our bench boss isn't pressing on his troops enough. I am starting to think he's playing everyone's best friend. The best friend approach doesn't always work. It's a job. It's playoff hockey. Things should be stressful. By that, good stress. Sometimes you need to scare the troops... make things uncomfortable and rattle some guys cages to get them to play at their full potential, because I haven't seen Crosby and Malkin at their best in a long while. It's a lovey dovey boy's club from the sounds and looks of things. I just don't see the urgency and tensity in their game, like a team wanting to win it all.

I have zero faith we win the Cup this year, and last season I was so confident we would win it. It has nothing to do with the fact we didn't take on any big players like last Spring. I knew that buggered up a great thing we had going. Team chemistry. Playing Jarome Iginla on that PP1 unit, despite having a more appropriate guy for that role in Chris Kunitz. Remind me how we did before all of those deals? Oh yeah, we had a franchise record 13 straight wins. Kunitz was a First Team All-Star, not Iggy. Yet despite Kunitz' success, he was leapfrogged by some new face, who has shown a regression in his game. Even our ES lines were altered. Guys like Pascal Dupuis who had great success with Sid on the top line were shuffled around, sometimes to the bottom six. Nice way to treat a guy who's been one of your solids for the past few years. Nope. Regardless of what I just said, my faith in this team is diminished from the lack of the aforementioned. Disinterest. I don't care if they say otherwise... I have seen teams with lesser talent, that should have no stake where they are, get their by urgency, desire, and a team system they believe in. 1995 New Jersey Devils, anyone?

Couldn't agree more with everything you've said, that must be a first :)

Johnson rambled on about how the Pens were not that good, really? Good enough to put 3 past your vezina winning goalie of the hop tonight

If the chips fall into place you never know this year, the Rags beat Philly and we can beat the rags, by a miracle the Habs beat the bruins and we match well against them also. By the time the final rolls around I don't know how any of those teams have any gas left, each series is so hard hitting I don't know how they get up the next day

Sorry Eli, maf could pitch a shut out the next 50 games, I'm so done with that guy

Stay in your ****in net *******

Don't be sorry.... you're not. I am not either. I am pissed. What a joke. I said I am never ignorant to when he ***** the bed, and he **** the bed.

How do you give up a 3-0 lead? That's not just on Fleury, it's on the entire team. That means they were shutout for more than 40 minutes of playoff hockey. **** off.

Brutal end to the 2nd period for the Hawks. They sure looked like they were going to choke another game away. Big game by Kane and a much needed win for the Hawks. This is a series again.

I'd laugh at MAF, but I'm stuck with a retarded GM and a moron owner here in Washington.

Thank you God, GMGM is out!!!!!!! Now to dump AO for a two way player and some picks.

Boston-Montreal, here we go. I can't wait. I'm going to have to start screening calls from the 418 area code. No talking with family for the next week and a half.:lol

Back