Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #10 David Tennant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup.

tumblr_mamrokE0XZ1qgosl1o1_400.gif

I started rewatching them as well. I just finished New Earth only a few days ago so it was still fresh in my mind. :)

So I finally got one of these, straight from BCS.

Last Wednesday I got an email from them saying they had cancellations. I responded immediately, got an invoice the next day, and received the figure yesterday via FedEx (thanks globalisation!).

I had always wanted one, but was super busy when they were on preorder and by the time I went to preorder, were sold out. Also I was somewhat confused if there was going to be a non-limited retailer version in parallel.

I have to commend their direct commitment to their customers, because they could have sold these on eBay for several times the normal retail price I paid.

This figure does not photograph very well I must say. It looks much better in hand than any of the photos, which make the 5 o'clock shadow in particular appear heavier than it really is.

So I finally got one of these, straight from BCS.

Last Wednesday I got an email from them saying they had cancellations. I responded immediately, got an invoice the next day, and received the figure yesterday via FedEx (thanks globalisation!).

I had always wanted one, but was super busy when they were on preorder and by the time I went to preorder, were sold out. Also I was somewhat confused if there was going to be a non-limited retailer version in parallel.

I have to commend their direct commitment to their customers, because they could have sold these on eBay for several times the normal retail price I paid.

This figure does not photograph very well I must say. It looks much better in hand than any of the photos, which make the 5 o'clock shadow in particular appear heavier than it really is.

Totally agree, I've never felt they were anything other than straight and honest with their customers and this shows it. Just look at how companies like Forbidden Planet, by contrast, add a premium to items they know are sought after.

As for the Rose 'bouncy castle' comments... she's a normal, healthy woman!!!!!! No need for any special body for a Rose figure.

I think "bouncy castle" was a reference to her chest.

What I was pointing out was the Amy and Rose have completely different body types, and their current body wouldn't look right for Rose.

No insult was intended on either actor.

I'm right there with you tdk. They do have completely different (and healthy) body types and putting Rose on the tall and skinny Amy body would be completely the wrong decision for BCS to make.

Incidentally....

Karen Gillan: 5'11"
Billie Pyper: 5'5"

Height alone requires a new body type. (I realize some people aren't bothered by scale so much and don't mind having a Darth Vader that is shorter than their Luke Skywalker. Hopefully those people also realise they are in the minority).

I'm right there with you tdk. They do have completely different (and healthy) body types and putting Rose on the tall and skinny Amy body would be completely the wrong decision for BCS to make.

Well, lets not have an argument about a figure that isn't going to happen anyway. :) As someone with more daughters than 1:6 figures I hear a lot of young girls describing themselves as 'fat' when they're 100% not, so I'm slightly oversensitive about references to women's weight.

I wouldn't see the need for a new body, but certainly I agree height is important for figures.

Incidentally, I still find it impossible to believe a Rose figure couldn't be made - CO did make two after all, and Billie Piper has done lots of signings and Who-related events recently. Even if the story about her not giving permission is true (and I'm not sure it is - I remember hearing that likeness rights for Series 1 didn't belong to the actors, they only got approval on series 2 onwards) I'm sure she could be persuaded to change her mind.

You realize the "bouncey castle" thing I posted was dialog from an episode where Cassandra (in Rose's body) said it was like living in a bouncy castle (referring to Rose's curviness). I understand where you are coming from with your daughters but I think you overreacted just a bit. The only person who thought we were saying she was fat was you. ;)

Dude, you realize the "bouncey castle" thing I posted was dialog from an episode where Cassandra (in Rose's body) said it was like living in a bouncy castle (referring to Rose's curviness). I understand where you are coming from with your daughters but I think you overreacted just a wee bit. The only person who thought we were saying she was fat was you. ;)

I hope that clears things up.

Last edited:
Incidentally....

Karen Gillan: 5'11"
Billie Pyper: 5'5"

Height alone requires a new body type. (I realize some people aren't bothered by scale so much and don't mind having a Darth Vader that is shorter than their Luke Skywalker. Hopefully those people also realise they are in the minority).

I agree completely.

And height varies radically with actresses. Uma Thurman is 5' 11", whereas Carrie Fisher is 5' 1".

Don't some companies just put a bit of padding to bulk up the body as needed? I wonder if that could be done in this instance. That being said, when Clara was being mooted I believed they confirmed a shorter body for her so it's possible they could do a unique torso section for Rose.

Most companies these days design their base bodies to be modular. I seem to remember BCS mentioning that their base bodies would follow suit.

Well, lets not have an argument about a figure that isn't going to happen anyway. :) As someone with more daughters than 1:6 figures I hear a lot of young girls describing themselves as 'fat' when they're 100% not, so I'm slightly oversensitive about references to women's weight.

I wouldn't see the need for a new body, but certainly I agree height is important for figures.

Incidentally, I still find it impossible to believe a Rose figure couldn't be made - CO did make two after all, and Billie Piper has done lots of signings and Who-related events recently. Even if the story about her not giving permission is true (and I'm not sure it is - I remember hearing that likeness rights for Series 1 didn't belong to the actors, they only got approval on series 2 onwards) I'm sure she could be persuaded to change her mind.

I too am not sure if the story about her not giving permission to use her likeness is true either especially if they can make figures of the Ninth Doctor. However, if the season 1 likeness rights don't belong to the actors, could they make a Rose Tyler from season 1?

Back