Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #10 David Tennant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are the replacements I am sure.. sort of like Sideshow's second chance/waitlist sales. better ask quick!

Managed to get my two Dr Who 10th figures today from Fedex. can't believe they arrived this quickly!! just an amazing headsculpt. really well done.

looking forward to the blue suit version, my favorite style!

I got a call from Fed EX about customs for this figure.
I'm guessing they saw the word "Doctor" and thought medical supplies?
It's suppose to be here by Friday,I'm guessing that's not going to happen now.
This sucks!

I got a call from Fed EX about customs for this figure.
I'm guessing they saw the word "Doctor" and thought medical supplies?
It's suppose to be here by Friday,I'm guessing that's not going to happen now.
This sucks!

I wrote about the exact same thing earlier haha. Mine still arrived quickly, though

These are the replacements I am sure.. sort of like Sideshow's second chance/waitlist sales. better ask quick!

These aren't the replacements since BC said before that replacements were shipped individually to them from China, hence the delay of them getting it to the customers. It is much like the Sideshow Hot Toys replacement. I had to wait for the SS customer service dept. to get replacements from china.

Besides, if they were using the limited figures (which absolutely makes no sense to break up a set since the figures are limited to 1000 figures per Doctor worldwide), there would be no more replacements since all the 10th Doctors were sold shipped.

I wrote them an email and asked if I could get the shoe replaced. Maybe the doc has an extra pair in his tardis :p

This is such a great figure. I am so glad that I was able to get one. WOW!!!

1397827318_zps1ff9cc6e.jpg

1397827109_zpsd51b14f3.jpg

Mine was suppose to be here by 10:30am this morning.
Sad to say it wasn't.:(
Because of the snafu at customs it was held in Indiana all day yesterday.
I don't get it,there's not a Fed Ex hub in New York or even better,Boston which is closer to me?
This thing went from England to Indiana?
That doesn't make sense!
:gah:
:impatient:

Mine finally arrived after two attempts by FedEx, their fault not mine.
Other than a slight paint scratch on the top of his hair, there's nothing else I can find wrong with it. I love it! He'll be in the display case with the 11th shortly.

Mine has the same scratch on the top of his head. Funny that part of the bubble, where the head is located, has painting rubbing on it despite that the head was covered with a plastic bag.

I am sure they have extras and you did provided pics, so yeah. Be prepared to return your defected shoe to their facility

I am sure they have extras and you did provided pics, so yeah. Be prepared to return your defected shoe to their facility

Surely they wouldn't make me mail a stupid shoe all the way back to England. They haven't even replied to my email. I don't think they've ever replied to anything I've asked before =/

Surely they wouldn't make me mail a stupid shoe all the way back to England. They haven't even replied to my email. I don't think they've ever replied to anything I've asked before =/

Perhaps. I re-read their facebook comment regarding replacements, and while they do require one to send a defected head or base to them, they mention nothing about a shoe. Then again, there is a poster here in the US who had to return a faulty jacket to them. Regardless, BC now has a US return address. See the quote from the BC FB page below

Big Chief Studios Limited said:
The first order of business this week is to organise shipping out the replacement parts. Please note that if your figure arrived with a damaged head or faulty base, we will require the faulty part to be returned to us. We have a return address is the US for customers. So if you will be returning a faulty part in the US, please email us for our US address.

Perhaps. I re-read their facebook comment regarding replacements, and while they do require one to send a defected head or base to them, they mention nothing about a shoe. Then again, there is a poster here in the US who had to return a faulty jacket to them. Regardless, BC now has a US return address. See the quote from the BC FB page below

Oh, that's not too bad, I suppose. Still a bit silly to return something like that. Sideshow just asks you to take a picture of it destroyed, which is a lot more practical

I think the reason being is that the headsculpt and the base are expensive to product so they either need proof that the item is truly damage or they are going to refurbish it.

I can see people taken advantage of the replacements by taking a photo of a head that has minor damages like a tiny spot on the ear or a bit of paint rubbing off of the hair just to get another Tennant head for customs.

Somewhat unrelated, is it me or have new Tennant figures, for 700 dollars a pop, popped up on ebay recently? I recall that there were hardly any on ebay till now. Funny thing is that if these are figures that people got recently in trying to make a quick buck, they won't for a while since those who got the figure has gotten one already.

Those eBay prices annoyed me a lot. I got it ordered on the night of the PO, and I know a lot of people isn't get it.
I also know that BCS could have pushed their extra stock thru eBay at those stupid prices. I jst hope people that want these do not pay those prices. Obviously, some were being bought simply to flip at a profit on eBay. I understand free commerce, but I hate the idea of others being ripped off.

Back