Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #10 David Tennant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my figure yesterday morning. The figure is great, though mine came with his left arm facing the back, so it seemed as if he was born deformed. I fixed it by twisting it with coat on, but now the open sleeve part of the overcoat seemed odd because the suit sleeve is probably in e a weird position now.

As for the figure, I agree that it looks better in person. Maybe mine doesn't have that bad of a 5 'o clock shadow like the one's I've seen online and the Tom Baker figure I have. Can Tom Baker really grow facial Hair. Makes no sense for him to have a shadow since never had one (unlike Tennant) in the series

I too am not sure if the story about her not giving permission to use her likeness is true either especially if they can make figures of the Ninth Doctor. However, if the season 1 likeness rights don't belong to the actors, could they make a Rose Tyler from season 1?

I can confirm the story about the Rose figures. It wasn't a rumor. It came straight from someone at CO. Basically, when she left Doctor Who, she wanted to take on other roles, including her role on Secret Life of a Call Girl. She took her 'role model' role very seriously while on Doctor Who (never smoking in public, for instance) but wanted to separate herself from that after she left the series. She asked that her likeness no longer be used on merchandise, which is why Rose was removed from the covers of the Ninth Doctor novels when they were made for audio after she left the series. Apparently, she was not happy with the way her first figure (the piggy faced one that came with the Battle Packs) came out and not exactly in love with the others, either.

Still, a lot can change in six or seven years. When they did the recent paintings celebrating the Ninth Doctor's anniversary she was on one of them. So maybe she's relaxed about it with some distance. That being said, Titan Merchandise had showcased a Rose vinyl toy as part of their blindboxed toys assortment at Toy Fair... but when the assortment was officially announced, the Rose figure was gone.

BC have said on FB that the remaining Ten figures will be available to order from products section on their main page tomorrow. I am interested in buying another, especially if this sculpt isn't going to be reused, just for customs and to have more display options. However, I'm concerned at having to pay the full price immediately as I know it'll be an absolute frenzy (at one point last January when they originally went up I had three signature editions in my basket although I only wanted one anniversary edition!).

BC have said on FB that the remaining Ten figures will be available to order from products section on their main page tomorrow. I am interested in buying another, especially if this sculpt isn't going to be reused, just for customs and to have more display options. However, I'm concerned at having to pay the full price immediately as I know it'll be an absolute frenzy (at one point last January when they originally went up I had three signature editions in my basket although I only wanted one anniversary edition!).

https://www.bigchiefstudios.co.uk/t...ing_wp_cron=1397057675.0573949813842773437500

From what I have read on their page, they seem to be strict in allowing ppl to order another one to let ppl who missed out the first time to buy one.

As for signature editions, did you get all three of 10? That's insane.

https://www.bigchiefstudios.co.uk/t...ing_wp_cron=1397057675.0573949813842773437500

From what I have read on their page, they seem to be strict in allowing ppl to order another one to let ppl who missed out the first time to buy one.

As for signature editions, did you get all three of 10? That's insane.

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear - I didn't get any of the signature editions (nor would I want three!). Basically, their system was under such pressure at the time of the Ten preorders that it was hard to know what you were ordering and it wasn't clear what you had in your basket. You'd click on something a couple of times thinking it hadn't really registered then five minutes later your basket would show up with more of that item than you wanted. It was carnage!

Managed to get an order in, I think. Man, that has to be the worst site I have ever tried to order from =/

I happily managed to get an order in as well, right when it came up on the site and gosh it was slow. I checked my account after and it went through okay, so that was a relief. I've done this before, when websites starts to go slow and even go down sometimes, but that was for some of my anime figures. It doesn't make it any less stressful though.

Big Chief also posted on their Facebook page that they were going to be shipping them out from Monday and over the course of next week.

It looks like everyone is getting them and that they have some for sale. I guess 10 really didn't do that well as we expected - customers may have ordered multiples, errors in the computer, or something.

It looks like everyone is getting them and that they have some for sale. I guess 10 really didn't do that well as we expected - customers may have ordered multiples, errors in the computer, or something.

Well, it seems he was QUITE the instant sell-out after the errors/non-payments were factored in, but that doesn't mean he didn't do well, of course. I guess we'll have to see how long this stock lasts. I think it's actually really cool that a lot of people are able to get him.

I agree it is cool that ppl are able to get them. It also means we don't have to worry if a future figure like another Tennant comes out since he might not be an instant sell out. He probably did well enough for another one to be released this year

I wanted the 10th Doctor and when he went up for a second chance well...
I just ordered him!
It wasn't $317 shipped to the U.S. either
It's around $280
I can't wait to get him
Their Facebook page said they'll start shipping them out Monday.

Wow, comes out to $317 US shipped. Would love to get him but that's a bit much.

Is this your calculation, and does it therefore include VAT ('value' added tax, a crime against God which we're obliged to pay in the UK) but which doesn't apply to people overseas?

If you take the British Pounds price and throw it in to XE Currency converter is comes out to $317. Wonder why they are charging cheaper?

Back