Statue SS Conan the Barbarian Fury of the Beast Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took some pics this morning. I posted these in the TMNT section too. This is just for Freak and Asdf :)
Thanks for wanting me to share!

Thanks man! Those look amazing!!! I should have gotten them when I had the chance. Damn me and my 1/4 scale rule back then. :(

Thanks man! Those look amazing!!! I should have gotten them when I had the chance. Damn me and my 1/4 scale rule back then. :(

If I had a choice, I would stay 1/5. I love the full sculpted stuff. That being said, some of the upcoming releases look great in PF.... With both of our space situations though, its hard to display Pf's and store their GIANT boxes.

Ok guys, after trying repeatedly over the last three days to put the statue on the base and failing miserably I finally lay it down on some pillows and slid the base onto it. However, no matter what I do the peg will only go 95% into the hole. So there is a 1/4 inch gap between the bottom of the foot and the base. Did anyone else have this problem? I'm not quite sure what to do about it. This has seriously been giving me nightmares trying to put this damn thing together. And I'm not a statue noob, it's not like I've never put a statue together before. But this one has me stumped.

However........ it's a freaking AMAZING statue!!!

Ok guys, after trying repeatedly over the last three days to put the statue on the base and failing miserably I finally lay it down on some pillows and slid the base onto it. However, no matter what I do the peg will only go 95% into the hole. So there is a 1/4 inch gap between the bottom of the foot and the base. Did anyone else have this problem? I'm not quite sure what to do about it. This has seriously been giving me nightmares trying to put this damn thing together. And I'm not a statue noob, it's not like I've never put a statue together before. But this one has me stumped.

Check the hole for any debris, foam etc, and give the peg a light sanding down with an emery board/nail file. Should help.

it was really pain in the a$$ for me, took me 45 minutes till I got the right angle, it's better if u get some help to hold the base & direct u to the right angle. one of the worst designs from Sideshow,, but the statue is awesome lol

EDIT: be very cautious, u might crack the leg if u push hard to the wrong angle, since the statue is very heavy & the legs are hollow.

7evypytu.jpg

Get a long drill bit, maybe half the size of the peg hole and work it down and around inside. You could mark the drill bit to know how much further you need to go. Polystone is pretty easy to drill you won't have much trouble.
My statue also got stuck but then gave away under the weigh and fell all the way in. It was difficult to take out of the base!

Get a long drill bit, maybe half the size of the peg hole and work it down and around inside. You could mark the drill bit to know how much further you need to go. Polystone is pretty easy to drill you won't have much trouble.
My statue also got stuck but then gave away under the weigh and fell all the way in. It was difficult to take out of the base!

Unfortunately I'm a girl, so I understood nothing you just said! :lol Seriously tho..... I don't even have a drill.

it was really pain in the a$$ for me, took me 45 minutes till I got the right angle, it's better if u get some help to hold the base & direct u to the right angle. one of the worst designs from Sideshow,, but the statue is awesome lol

EDIT: be very cautious, u might crack the leg if u push hard to the wrong angle, since the statue is very heavy & the legs are hollow.

I already learned that lesson. This one is a replacement because the foot snapped off my first one while I was trying to get it in the base. I didn't even put any pressure on it, but I might have had it at the wrong angle.

Check the hole for any debris, foam etc, and give the peg a light sanding down with an emery board/nail file. Should help.

I did actually make sure that the peg was silky smooth before I even started. I also poked around in the peg hole with a small flat head screwdriver to try and get out any debris, but there wasn't much in there. I guess I'll have to take it off the base and then start again. What a nightmare! :gah:

Thanks for the help though everyone. You guys are the best :1-1:

Unfortunately I'm a girl, so I understood nothing you just said! :lol Seriously tho..... I don't even have a drill.

I already learned that lesson. This one is a replacement because the foot snapped off my first one while I was trying to get it in the base. I didn't even put any pressure on it, but I might have had it at the wrong angle.

I did actually make sure that the peg was silky smooth before I even started. I also poked around in the peg hole with a small flat head screwdriver to try and get out any debris, but there wasn't much in there. I guess I'll have to take it off the base and then start again. What a nightmare! :gah:

Thanks for the help though everyone. You guys are the best :1-1:

It was a nightmare for me to get it flush also Sisko. Mine sat 90% in just as yours did for two days until I got the courage to take it off again which was not easy and nerve racking. On my successful attempt to seat it I placed the left foot down first and let the right foot hover over the slot, this seemed to line up the peg on the right foot at the right angle and when I set it down slowly it slid in flush perfectly. Hope that helps.

It was a nightmare for me to get it flush also Sisko. Mine sat 90% in just as yours did for two days until I got the courage to take it off again which was not easy and nerve racking. On my successful attempt to seat it I placed the left foot down first and let the right foot hover over the slot, this seemed to line up the peg on the right foot at the right angle and when I set it down slowly it slid in flush perfectly. Hope that helps.

Yeah, thanks Wolf. I'm sure it's just a matter of getting the angle just right for it to go all the way in. Right now I'm panicking about a hairline crack I just noticed on Conan's right leg! :horror It's not that big, but it worries the crap out of me. I have learned to live with little paint imperfections and such, but cracks are not something I deal with very well. :( I wish I hadn't seen it, but I can't stop staring at the damn statue because it's so awesome! Here's a picture of the crack so let me know what you guys think.

[URL=https://s1352.photobucket.com/user/Its_Sisko/media/20140419_134529_zpse2c9b401.jpg.html] [/URL]

Sucks some of you have had so much trouble placing you Beast in his base. Mine slid right in, but I could tell it was a tight fit. It was a little tougher getting him back out. After setting him back up he's been looking great!
re4apymu.jpg
umeqy6y6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sucks some of you have had so much trouble placing you Beast in his base. Mine slid right in, but I could tell it was a tight fit. It was a little tougher getting him back out. After setting him back up he's been looking great!

Really? Ugh, I'm so jealous. :monkey2 I haven't had the heart to re-attempt mine yet. And I'm still not sure if I need to do something about that crack.

Took me over an hour to get it in the first time and about 10 mins the second time. It has to go in at the right angle or else it would not go in. Real pain in the back to put it in.

Yeah it wasn't easy for me to slot it in. I had the help of a good friend and I think we took 10 minutes of trying? The whole time it was nerve wrecking, especially since it was surprisingly heavier than I anticipated.

Hi - I noticed that some of you guys got both the black and the white. I got the black one and love it but never had he opportunity to see the white one. What is the last word for those who have both? White or black? Cheers.

re4apymu.jpg
umeqy6y6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi - where did you get the Conan the Barbarian movie poster in the back ground? looks awesome!

Black all the way for me.
I saw a white one in a local comic shop and it looks less impactful then the black. White has once contrast against the base, but black looks more angry and aggressive. My 2 cents :)

Hi - I noticed that some of you guys got both the black and the white. I got the black one and love it but never had he opportunity to see the white one. What is the last word for those who have both? White or black? Cheers.

Hi - where did you get the Conan the Barbarian movie poster in the back ground? looks awesome!

That poster was released by Mondo last years at SDCC ,Thats the variant one and there is a regular red version.Can easily be found on ebay.

It's not as white in real life actually, looks a little more dirty white? It definitely doesn't look as white as it does in photos. I was completely split really. The only wrong choice would be not to get it. ;)

Took me over an hour to get it in the first time and about 10 mins the second time. It has to go in at the right angle or else it would not go in. Real pain in the back to put it in.

yea, that's weird some have a lot of issues doing this cause I was also able to get mine in the base in 5 seconds give or take, but the downside was my Conan came with flaky hair.

Back