PC thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's recommended to change your thermal paste every 2 or 3 years as a preventative measure. It's definitely worth a shot if your processor is running hot. Have you ever tried Arctic Silver 5?

I don't use anything else :hi5: best there is imo

I've never changed out the thermal paste

Its really just recommended, not all that necessary really

I'm going to wait and monitor temperatures. Typically, the hottest it's ever gotten was 42. But then again, that was during winter / spring temperatures. True summer and fall is when it went up to 44/45.

If thats F, then that seems about normal

Those are the temps that I usually get with my Core i5. Seems normal.

:exactly: :goodpost: A good cooler could get you lower but much so

I don't use anything else :hi5: best there is imo

Its really just recommended, not all that necessary really

If thats F, then that seems about normal

:exactly: :goodpost: A good cooler could get you lower but much so

Don't mean to butt in, but 44 degrees farenheit is nowhere near a normal temp on a PC...60-65 C under load is completely fine. 44 F would be 6 C which is insane :)

Don't mean to butt in, but 44 degrees farenheit is nowhere near a normal temp on a PC...60-65 C under load is completely fine. 44 F would be 6 C which is insane :)

This!

I am running water on a 6 core i7 and my normal temps are around 28-30C, in the summer.

Anybody thinking of getting the new Devils Canyon CPU's or a Broadwell upgrade?

I'm thinking about upgrading to the Haswell-E, but I'll have to see how expensive it will be, since it uses a new socket the motherboards will be expensive and the memory standard is DDR4 so that will be expensive as well.

I'm thinking about upgrading to the Haswell-E, but I'll have to see how expensive it will be, since it uses a new socket the motherboards will be expensive and the memory standard is DDR4 so that will be expensive as well.

I'm not sure I want to wait.... but DDR4 could make it worthwhile..... especially if I can get upto 3000 speeds

Ugh, I wonder if anyone can give me some pointers on this. I received my Das Keyboard 4 yesterday and Windows does not recognize it. It keeps giving me a "USB error" message whenever I plug the keyboard into a USB slot. The strange thing is, that the keyboard works fine in the BIOS screen, and it even works on my Playstation 3. But, it doesn't work at all when Windows has booted on my desktop. Is it a problem in Windows 7?

Ugh, I wonder if anyone can give me some pointers on this. I received my Das Keyboard 4 yesterday and Windows does not recognize it. It keeps giving me a "USB error" message whenever I plug the keyboard into a USB slot. The strange thing is, that the keyboard works fine in the BIOS screen, and it even works on my Playstation 3. But, it doesn't work at all when Windows has booted on my desktop. Is it a problem in Windows 7?

Make sure to try other USB ports

Do the lights switch on?
also please remove all other USB devices and then try

Thanks for the replies, guys.

Make sure to try other USB ports

Do the lights switch on?
also please remove all other USB devices and then try

Yeah, I've tried all the other USB ports (USB 2.0 and 3.0) and it's the same issue. The strange thing is, the indicator lights on the keyboard turn on when the computer boots up, but then it just switches off when Windows loads. The keyboard then becomes inoperable.

I haven't removed all the other USB devices yet, so I'll try that now!

Check the event viewer to see what the exact error was? Really odd.

Hmmm... should I look for anything specific?

Same problem as before, even after I disconnected all other USB devices :(. It's a problem that's exclusive to the Das board, because Windows recognizes every other device when plugged in. Ugh, what gives...

Please check the device manager when the keyboard is plugged in

Does it show under keyboards

Your keyboard
or
Unknown Device

like this
Capture.JPG
mine just says HID Keyboard device, whats yours show?

Thanks for the help, man. Well, this is how it looks like. Just to note: I plugged in an old USB keyboard as well, because the Das Keyboard wasn't functioning.

The Das board shows up as "Unknown Device" for some reason.

2ildkpv.jpg

Thanks for the help, man. Well, this is how it looks like. Just to note: I plugged in an old USB keyboard as well, because the Das Keyboard wasn't functioning.

The Das board shows up as "Unknown Device" for some reason.

2ildkpv.jpg

ahh OK so you could try manually installing the driver for the keyboard, now I checked the website and it says no driver required and they don't provide any for download.

you can use this guide
https://www.addictivetips.com/windo...-or-device-drivers-manually-in-windows-vista/

there will probably be multiple options, try and select HID Keyboard Device first, if it doesnt show up, then uncheck Show compatible Hardware and then try and find it :wink1

I also looked around for similar problems but only found one other instance where this happened to someone else, he said he couldn't find a solution and the manufacturer didnt help unfortunately, he just sent it back for a refund/replacement

IF
the keyboard does not work in multiple USB ports
other keyboards work in those same ports
other USB devices work in those same ports
the keyboard does not work on other computers
multiple software based fixes/solutions don't resolve the problem

then its most likely a hardware issue with the keyboard and you should get it replaced, it happens sometimes, faulty hardware does come off the assembly line from time to time and someone eventually gets it, so I would send it back for a refund/replacement if all attempts to fix it fail. I myself just recently had to replace an Asus motherboard that I recieved because it was faulty and ASUS are pretty good with testing standards

Woot! I finally got the keyboard working. I purchased a separate USB 3.0 card from Amazon a few days ago, and USPS delivered it today (which is weird, because I never knew they did Sunday deliveries). In any case, I installed the card to a PCI-E slot, and connected it to the PSU. I loaded card drivers from the provided software, connected the keyboard, and presto! Windows automatically detected the Das Keyboard 4. So much danged stress...

I'm not sure what the exact problem was. But, since my new PCI-E card runs off its own power cable, I'm guessing that it was a power issue on the USB slots that were directly connected to the mother board.

+ 34 reps to Kiba and Brainiac for helping out :duff.

Here's a pic of the fully working keyboard. Unfortunately, I'll still have to request an exchange for a new board, because several of the keys are missing the tactile Cherry MX Blue feedback. But, at least I got the keyboard working.

photo.jpg

Thanks. It feels pretty solid aside from a few keys that are loose (which will be rectified with a new board). One thing I'll say, is that Cherry MX Blue swiches are perfect for gaming. I'm glad that I opted for them.

Thanks. It feels pretty solid aside from a few keys that are loose (which will be rectified with a new board). One thing I'll say, is that Cherry MX Blue swiches are perfect for gaming. I'm glad that I opted for them.

Congrats on getting it working :clap... I hope your new one doesnt have any problems :pray:
MX Blue would have been my choice as well, I like Brown also

Back