The Hobbits coming to Sideshow.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All im saying is that id rather display 4 great pf's than collect 20 weta pieces for the sake of collecting them and have a cluttered display. But at the end of the day i dont want people thinking im obsessed when they visit lol!

From what I've seen of the Thor TDW HS, I can't wait to see how the hair sculpts look on these characters

All im saying is that id rather display 4 great pf's than collect 20 weta pieces for the sake of collecting them and have a cluttered display. But at the end of the day i dont want people thinking im obsessed when they visit lol!

Different strokes for different folks. I like my display of all the different SSW and Weta pieces along with my Sauron PF. It doesn't look cluttered to me and I really don't give a damn if people think I'm obsessed. I'm collecting for me not them.

Then don't collect 20 pieces, just the ones you want. It's not rocket science.

Just give us a Boromir PF ffs!

I agree with the fella above me. I've not collected many ssw pieces and sold the ones I did barring a couple of environments.

I prefer the real show stopper PF's in my display cabinet rather than the clutter and random pieces.

An example is the Galadriel PF. I'd never dream of buying the Weta version, but the SS version to me is fantastic. That's not saying the Weta pieces aren't fantastic because they are, I do feel that you get the very best out of the character through the PF.

Nice! If I ever get Galadriel again (I should since I don't have her) I would have to try and track that thing down.

Nice! If I ever get Galadriel again (I should since I don't have her) I would have to try and track that thing down.

I'm still half expecting Weta to release a new one from the Hobbit films. Which while it will cost 2-3 times more, based on current production sculpts, it should look way better then the original SSW one. Which lets be fair, wasn't the greatest of their initial line.

I'm still half expecting Weta to release a new one from the Hobbit films. Which while it will cost 2-3 times more, based on current production sculpts, it should look way better then the original SSW one. Which lets be fair, wasn't the greatest of their initial line.

I expect them too as well. I hope it's from that White Council moment and I also expect it will be better than that SSW one. I wouldn't mind still having this if I could recreate that mirror scene.

I don't get why it gets so much criticism. I have it and think it's wonderful, beautiful and elegant.

Is that SSC or WETA, her face looks sorta Derp

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

It's the original SS/W piece, the mirror is a custom kit by Kyle via the S+F . The piece itself is reminiscent of original Arwen in that photos struggle to catch the detailing and pearlescent colouring, much like parts of the new Thranduil statue.

It's the original SS/W piece, the mirror is a custom kit by Kyle via the S+F . The piece itself is reminiscent of original Arwen in that photos struggle to catch the detailing and pearlescent colouring, much like parts of the new Thranduil statue.
I'd like Sideshow to do one on their owm in the caliber of the Saruman. They should revisit everyone. The quality had jumped drastically since the first bunch came out

I'd like Sideshow to do one on their owm in the caliber of the Saruman. They should revisit everyone. The quality had jumped drastically since the first bunch came out

You will never see a Galadriel made by SS again....Weta maybe, but not SS

You will never see a Galadriel made by SS again....Weta maybe, but not SS

You say that but I could totally see SS resurrecting the maquette line in 4 years and instead of finishing the Fellowship make another female character to pair with the misguided green lighting of Arwen.

Back