The Hobbits coming to Sideshow.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost all the Dwarf statues are unimpressive to me, sorry. I've also been seeing a lot of sloppy paint apps on faces of some characters. I also don't think any of the shorter statues are worth what they are charging considering their sizes. In person, these just don't do it for me. I'm kind of pissed I missed the clearance on Bofur on BBTS, since I'm a James Nesbitt fan, but oh well.

I'll probably be picking up the new Balrog, though. I had the Azog on order but cancelled it since he really does nothing for me in the movies.

Fair enough. I disagree 100% but it is what it is.

I think is clear where Sideshow's focus is right now: Court of the Dead and DC Comics.

Well, that is what would make them the most money. DC sells like hotcakes, while COTD is all original and requires no licensing fees, while simultaneously allowing for complete creative freedom. It doesn't help that recent LOTR pieces have stayed in stock for ages.

Almost all the Dwarf statues are unimpressive to me, sorry. I've also been seeing a lot of sloppy paint apps on faces of some characters. I also don't think any of the shorter statues are worth what they are charging considering their sizes. In person, these just don't do it for me. I'm kind of pissed I missed the clearance on Bofur on BBTS, since I'm a James Nesbitt fan, but oh well.

I'll probably be picking up the new Balrog, though. I had the Azog on order but cancelled it since he really does nothing for me in the movies.

I sort of agree with you here. They look fine but not worth the money. This is evidenced by the bath sellers take when they list them for no reserve auctions on eBay and I am happy to wait for people to sell these from their collections to pick up the ones I need.

Edit: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Weta-Colle...197?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27e69e91a5

Edit2: I admit prices are all over the place.

I sort of agree with you here. They look fine but not worth the money. This is evidenced by the bath sellers take when they list them for no reserve auctions on eBay and I am happy to wait for people to sell these from their collections to pick up the ones I need.

Edit: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Weta-Colle...197?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27e69e91a5

Edit2: I admit prices are all over the place.

Yep, BBTS has been putting them on clearance or deep discounts pretty regularly, even the "popular" ones like Thranduil and Tauriel. Probably a combination of fans caring less for these film's characters and too high a price for what is offered.

Man that was cheap, and no doubt at the really low end of the selling scale.

Still, this was always my issue with many Open Editions, prices bottom out, it removes a lot of the hype and rush to get stuff and things just putty along.

Give or take the few exceptions, like Azog.

As for Sideshow, where are all those LOTR is alive and well threads......

Yep, BBTS has been putting them on clearance or deep discounts pretty regularly, even the "popular" ones like Thranduil and Tauriel. Probably a combination of fans caring less for these film's characters and too high a price for what is offered.

Bbts offer Tauriel and Thranduil at $219 a freakin bargain

OMG I completely forgot this was a thing :lol

jpeg1.jpe.jpeg

Makes me wonder where all the old trolls are who we're saying with every Sideshow release- "Weta owned again!!"
Oh that's right.... They bailed from here just before SS just about finished with LOTR

Me thinks jackson & producers have an agreement with weta because of of the relationship to the movies.
And we will see sideshow stuff once the last installment has been released
then we should see the awaited pieces we have longed for

Me thinks jackson & producers have an agreement with weta because of of the relationship to the movies.
And we will see sideshow stuff once the last installment has been released
then we should see the awaited pieces we have longed for
Odds are you're right. At least I hope you are. Irvy you're right too man. WETA makes great statues but not like the PFs Sideshow does

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

This one is on top of the gold,the one in the movie is sleeping under it.
:wink1:

Technically, Weta have already released a Smaug statue, I've got this one:

Smaug Front by theguru1, on Flickr

And I can assure you, 'tiny' is the last thing one can call this statue. Sure, it's not an exact statue of what's in the movie, but it's still Smaug.

Personally, I half expect Weta to make a resonable size, open edition Smaug from the film.

Back