The Hobbits coming to Sideshow.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me thinks jackson & producers have an agreement with weta because of of the relationship to the movies.
And we will see sideshow stuff once the last installment has been released
then we should see the awaited pieces we have longed for

Weta will continue to be doing the Hobbit & LOTR for years. And if SS should one day continue with ME pieces they will be so far and few between. With Weta you can pretty much collect all of Middle earth. They are the Bowen of Middle earth. A PF done well is nice but I would rather have all 13 dwarves thru Weta than just 1 or 2 PF's thru SS. And that's a fact from a ME fan.

Don't know man. I'd rather have the quality than the quantity

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

I'm tempted to get sauron, get it repainted, and call it a day on ME…they aren't making pfs anytime soon for hobbit apparently, and I missed out on everything else…free shipping is really tempting

In my experience items on double rewards or free shipping are such slow sellers that eBay prices can be an even better deal.

In my experience items on double rewards or free shipping are such slow sellers that eBay prices can be an even better deal.

They have free ship on everything in stock right now and they have been doing double rewards on a lot of items lately, even stuff just about to sell out. The stuff "on sale" are the real slow sellers.

It's a joke they never bothered with Gimli or Boromir premium formats. Folk have been screaming out for those for years.

I'm tempted to get sauron, get it repainted, and call it a day on ME…they aren't making pfs anytime soon for hobbit apparently, and I missed out on everything else…free shipping is really tempting

Can't go wrong doing that

It's a joke they never bothered with Gimli or Boromir premium formats. Folk have been screaming out for those for years.
Yeah they did those Polystones but a PF would be amazing especially Gimli cause of all the Dwarvish writing and weapons and stuff. Boromir would he cool too but I'm hoping for a Ned Stark one day Lol so it might be a repeat for me
Weta is Quality
Not saying they aren't, but imagine all those Hobbit statues in Premium Format? It just adds a level of realism that you can't get with a fullybsculpted piece. At least for certain characters

I disagree, with PF's the fabric can make the piece seem doll-like, and some of them look plasticy.
If you think the statues are un-displayable, how the hell would you manage 13 dwarves at the PF scale?

With sculpted statues you can get movement which is much more realistic, as has been seen at the Con.

I disagree, with PF's the fabric can make the piece seem doll-like, and some of them look plasticy.
If you think the statues are un-displayable, how the hell would you manage 13 dwarves at the PF scale?

With sculpted statues you can get movement which is much more realistic, as has been seen at the Con.
Does the Saruman Premium Format Figure look doll like? Maybe in older PFs because the quality of some of the outfits weren't as great as they are now, but my Batman PF doesn't look like a doll.

To be honest, that's probably why they haven't done a Gimli PF to this date. But they will, and it'll be so amazing that you'll pick it up lol

The fabric is one of the best parts of a lot of the PFs. Much more realistic than fully sculpted and I can't think of any that looks "plasticy" even the so-so Frodo one.

Kinda hard to compare Hobbit statues when Sideshow are not making any. And yes, I know Saruman is almost here. But if other PF's are coming at his pace, the next one (if any) will be two years away.

Kinda hard to compare Hobbit statues when Sideshow are not making any. And yes, I know Saruman is almost here. But if other PF's are coming at his pace, the next one (if any) will be two years away.
I'll wait. Its not like they'll be writing any new books now will they Lol. I'd rather wait for quality then just buy something I don't want because its available. I'm the guy that'll wait to buy the Special Edition set of a Trilogy instead of getting each individual movie one at a time just cause I can't wait a few years. Did it for LoTR and pretty much everything else and i will continue doing so. In the end to each his own and I can respect that, just not me

You might be waiting forever ever ever ever
a2.gif

Doubt that

Back