What movie moments made you so emotional you felt the need to shed a tear? *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't cry thru movies...generally...BUT "Million Dollar Baby" made me shed a tear or two at the end. Also in "A Sorrowful Life" (TWD) when Daryl finds his bro Merle and sees he had turned, made me tear up as well! :monkey2

Yeah E.T. was a good one as well. So was Terminator 2's ending.

Something about unexpected friendships in movies but they always end very emotionally (person/alien, boy/robot, man/dragon, lion/ape LOL)

"Up" was very sad the first 10 minutes of it. Toy Story 3, Wall-E, Finding Nemo, and Lilo and Stitch have been other Disney flicks that have really nailed that bond and had great endings.

Hmm, not sure if any of the films that are coming to mind have been mentioned...

I don't generally cry at films, that isn't a manly man thing, just a thing... but the few scenes coming to mind that 'get' me are

Saving Private Ryan, when Wade is dying and cries 'I wanna go home' repeatedly, that's gut wrenching

Forrest Gump, first when she Jenny says that she wishes she could have been there with him (on his journeys) and he replies 'You were'

and then again in Forrest Gump when he breaks down and Jenny's grave, particularly as he says 'And every night we read a story before bedtime' and he doesn't quite finish the sentance, poor gump!

I also get upset, due to recent events ,when I watch Powder due to the whole father/son relationship, 'tis sad

I thought Thor's relationship with Odin in the first film was so well done. When Odin says "you'll make a wise king" and Thor says he just wanted to make Odin proud, and daddy responds "You have made me proud", the way it was shot and the music was just a beautiful scene.

Re: What movie moments made you so emotional you felt the need to shed a tear?

In Step Brothers when Brennan rubs his balls all over Dale's drum kit.

i4flfq.gif

Too perfect my friend, too perfect...

For me, it has to be the end of Gattaca...such a bitter sweet ending.

I don't cry thru movies...generally...BUT "Million Dollar Baby" made me shed a tear or two at the end. Also in "A Sorrowful Life" (TWD) when Daryl finds his bro Merle and sees he had turned, made me tear up as well! :monkey2

Same here. This was me after watching the movie:

fdgaqg.gif

Only one movie moment ever in my life was able to give me watery eyes and that would be the end of 12 Years A Slave.

When Solomon finally arrives back home, after everything he went through, and apologizes to his family, what an incredible scene and ending to the film.

The "worst toilet in Scotland" scene in Trainspotting. If that isn't a tear-jerker, I don't know what is...

Here is a few off the top of the head for me (with the obvious Forrest Gump, LOTR, ST II, Disney movies, and others mentioned before of course):

Cloud Atlas: the last 20 or so minutes have so many sad moments.

Great Gatsby: surprisingly, even though I had read the book, a tear or two welled up at the end of the movie.

Saving Private Ryan: many tear jerking scenes have been mentioned, but one that always gets me is when Ryan and Miller are reminiscing, Ryan asks Miller about the memory he had mentioned about his wife and he replies, "No, no that one I save just for me." In such a wistful way Tom Hanks delivers the line.

Superman: "Were it not for vanity, why... at this very moment... I could embrace you in my arms. My son." And Kal-El reaches for his father as the projection disappears.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button: the ending monologue especially made me blubber. Luckily I was in the back of the theater and was able to regain my composure before the house lights came up.

True Grit: the Cohen brothers version, a bit saddening there at the end.

Star Trek Generations: the end of that film made me cry for the longest time. It still can draw a tear on occasion.

Hall Pass! Awesome film.

'Have you girls ever been to Ireland? Because when I look at you, my ***** size is Dublin!'

While I never got tears while watching a movie, I definitely had some emotional moments! Well any good film should do that, but I think you're asking for the more depressing ones, right? I'm kidding!

These are a couple of mine:

The first time I watched Raging Bull, I couldn't understand what anyone was saying, so I was forced to just pay attention to the acting and story-telling, without understanding the dialogue. This scene just punched me in the gut!

Here's another sad scene for me from one of my favorite movies, "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest."

Just the look in her eyes. They did just a great job of getting you attached to Murron, and then ripping her away! "Braveheart"

While I never got tears while watching a movie, I definitely had some emotional moments! Well any good film should do that, but I think you're asking for the more depressing ones, right? I'm kidding!

These are a couple of mine:

The first time I watched Raging Bull, I couldn't understand what anyone was saying, so I was forced to just pay attention to the acting and story-telling, without understanding the dialogue. This scene just punched me in the gut!

Here's another sad scene for me from one of my favorite movies, "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest."

Just the look in her eyes. They did just a great job of getting you attached to Murron, and then ripping her away! "Braveheart"

Easily Deniro's greatest film, what a great scene!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back