Destiny (Bungie's new title)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what happens if you download the game (preorder) the get a physical disc version as well?
Will the info merge? Or what?

I have a ghost edition ordered but am tempted to pre-order in the store as well.
:)

I'm not sure. I pre-ordered in the store. I'm pretty sure it needs to be one or the other though.

I don't think it will really matter. It's all the same game. Just like with physical copies, they all ship with the same game disc, the extras will probably come in terms of codes you redeem for the content. You'll be able to play the game using the disc or straight off the system.

I kinda had to do both with wolfenstein. The installation from my disc was wonky and wouldn't go past 50% so I had to go into the game store and restart from scratch with the digital download but because the game was tied to my system, I didn't have to pay twice.

So what happens if you download the game (preorder) the get a physical disc version as well?
Will the info merge? Or what?...

Not sure with this game but with The Last of Us, digital and physical don't work together. When PSN was down, I couldn't play the digital version of the Last of Us but since I also bought a physical version of the game I thought I could just throw the disc in and continue with the campaign but the PS4 wanted me delete the digital download and install new from the disc.

Not sure with this game but with The Last of Us, digital and physical don't work together. When PSN was down, I couldn't play the digital version of the Last of Us but since I also bought a physical version of the game I thought I could just throw the disc in and continue with the campaign but the PS4 wanted me delete the digital download and install new from the disc.

Yeah, that's what i was worried about. So, I will stick to the disk version then.

Oh wow, I did not know that. That's brutal.

Oh wow, I did not know that. That's brutal.

That's what I thought. :lol

The digital download wouldn't work because the system couldn't connect to the PSN to verify my license. I can live with that but not being able to verify a license by putting in a physical disc regardless of how it was installed is pretty dumb.

As far as that stuff goes, I'm guessing the save files will work just fine between them, but the game data won't, since the downloaded version is designed to work without the disc.

:yess:Glad I waited:yess:

Buy An Xbox One Next Week, Get Any Retail Game Free

Microsoft is offering new incentive to purchase a new Xbox One. The company is giving away a free new game with every new Xbox One purchase.

The publisher is putting no restrictions on the titles included in the promotion, and the deal applies even to existing bundles. Since the deal runs from September 7 through September 13, you could conceivably come home with a free copy of Destiny.

Usually these deals come with redemption instructions and the free games are digital codes. In this case, you’ll be getting a retail disc.

[Source: Xbox Wire]

Our Take
Microsoft needs to make a huge push this holiday, and this is definitely one way to incentivize early purchases (and possibly capture some of the software sales that might otherwise go to older consoles or PlayStation 4). Given that these are full-priced, retail games, Microsoft is putting a lot out there to get people to take the plunge.

For parents shopping early for the holidays, now might be a good time to move. This may seem a bit desperate, but it's a good deal that is sure to make an impact.

Kinda sucks that they gave the PS4 so much exclusive stuff.

I've got it coming for PS4 and noticed there seemed to be a lot of stuff for it that was tied to the PS4. At least those getting it on xbox will end up with it eventually. I got a code for some level 20 stuff for just pre-order the new CoD game.

Back