Statue J Scott Campbell Classic Spiderman Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aargh!! I'm not gonna be home when this gets there. My EX has shipped but its gonna take another week to see it. Was wondering how the replacement parts work... does Sideshow have a limited number of limbs/bodies etc to send, first come first serve? Hope mine comes out as nice as some of these are looking

Essentially you nailed it there. However, to my knowledge they look at the requests based on severity. For example someone with a lot of paint bleeds on the body might be offered a credit on their account where as someone with a shattered leg will get a replacement. I also know that on occasion you will go on a waitlist for a replacement because they don't always get all of their replacement parts at the same time and on the rare occasion make more.

I'm not going to lie, I was extremely nervous about opening this. I needed not to be, it is flawless from head to toe with no marks, dings or dents and the foot fits flush thank god. A few photos to share with you

Finally the whole gang :clap

This spider-man looks phenomenal in hand!

apuduqe2.jpg

6yzupanu.jpg

ujahumyg.jpg

re8e3e2a.jpg

Turned out great I love him. I was worried but now I am not. A few flaws with the paint but all very minor compared to others.

Just heard back from sideshow last night. No joy for a replacement. Return or credit

Okay ... so what do you think m8... which one are you looking at???? If you are looking at keeping it I wonder if a dilute mix of Windex would get rid of some of the residue on the body.

Okay ... so what do you think m8... which one are you looking at???? If you are looking at keeping it I wonder if a dilute mix of Windex would get rid of some of the residue on the body.

I was able to wipe much of mine off with a slightly damp paper towel.
For me its more than residue, the back near the neck as well as his abs have what looks like blisters in the paint cause by liquid damage or something. I can deal with the lines and stuff as well as the profiles and hands but I'd like the main body to be replaced and they offered me a credit, I should do what Tavegg did for Apoc and threaten to cancel my 8 POs, but I don't want to because I love what i have on order. Whatever. Maybe I'll take the credit and sell it to someone for like $50 more than what unpaid after shipping and import fees

Sent from the Cack Pit of the Millenium Falcon

For me its more than residue, the back near the neck as well as his abs have what looks like blisters in the paint cause by liquid damage or something. I can deal with the lines and stuff as well as the profiles and hands but I'd like the main body to be replaced and they offered me a credit, I should do what Tavegg did for Apoc and threaten to cancel my 8 POs, but I don't want to because I love what i have on order. Whatever. Maybe I'll take the credit and sell it to someone for like $50 more than what unpaid after shipping and import fees

Crappy man..... Selling is a pain in the AZZ too though.

IMG_7516.jpg

That background/setup is just awesome!
That just made Spidey look 10x better
Holy awesome man! Did you make that display area? Wow

thank you guys :)
yes - it's self made - the background is printed on normal photo paper

it's not spidey, but I like him too and the display setup is very important for me ;)

IMG_7296.jpg

congrats to all happy spidey owner :)
amazing spidey pictures^^:clap

#230 is looking awesome really really happy with my first piece direct from Sideshow no issues and the paint looks so much better in hand than on pictures. LOVE IT!!!...........I give up trying to add a picture will not let me no matter what I try.

As much **** as some talk about SS QC sometimes (and sometimes it's earned) their CS is amazing, we had a back and forth over email and instead of continuing that way, I got a call from an SS rep and they're going to see what they can do about getting me a replacement :). Otherwise I may just return it. We'll see

I really wanted to love this as much as Gwen but it just left me feeling a bit flat. So much for this great painting technique. I can't even be bothered with pics, because compared to markko88 mine looks great. the exclusive head has some issues with a straight stencil line on the side of his face, that one may never be displayed. oh well. the black rub on the back of his neck is a little much. boooooooooo

Back