Statue J Scott Campbell Classic Spiderman Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the style. The comic style. Shows his personality. One of the many things I love about it. Not a symmetrical piece at all.

Well apparently my waitlist for the exclusive converted while I was on vacation.

Definitely came back to a welcome surprise. Statue looks great btw, and I definitely feel the exclusive in this case was a must.

I started repainting mine at the weekend, no going back now.....

Would like to know how you're doing this too. Contemplating doing some touch-ups on Mary Jane. She was the only one that had slight paint app defects between the three of them. Spidey and Gwen arrived in perfect condition.

Are you using airbrush or regular brush? Or a mixture of both? Type/brand of paint? Color?

Regular brush, waterbased/acrylic.

I had to paint the whole guy white first though because the colours are too dark. I'm about half way through. I've got a orange/red tone for the red and went baby/sailor blue for the blue - basically the classic spiderman.

The lines I'm using a fine tipped black paint pen, they look sweet on the face and leg but I think for the body the lines are too thin so I might have to use a thin paint brush there.

He looks good to me, a bit rough around the edges still as I've not really given him the final touch ups, just applying the base coats but like I said I put the black lines on his face and one of legs to see what it would look like. I'll post up some pics soon.

I had to paint the whole guy white first though because the colours are too dark. I'm about half way through. I've got a orange/red tone for the red and went baby/sailor blue for the blue - basically the classic spiderman.

The lines I'm using a fine tipped black paint pen, they look sweet on the face and leg but I think for the body the lines are too thin so I might have to use a thin paint brush there.

He looks good to me, a bit rough around the edges still as I've not really given him the final touch ups, just applying the base coats but like I said I put the black lines on his face and one of legs to see what it would look like. I'll post up some pics soon.

Interested to see this. Over the last few days every time I look at mine I think how much I like it but it's just too dark, particularly the red.

Still liking mine. Considering the sculpt was changed to something less desirable by many with the carved web lines, it looks about as good as it could without a paint change.

Interested to see this. Over the last few days every time I look at mine I think how much I like it but it's just too dark, particularly the red.

Still liking mine. Considering the sculpt was changed to something less desirable by many with the carved web lines, it looks about as good as it could without a paint change.

I think what they did, was they painted him, then they must had washed him in some sort of black to get the lines. That's why he kind of looks dirty in places. If you take the arms out though and look at the paint, it's still very dark and nothing like the tease.

I liked him and I half regretted it once I started but I think when it's finished I'll be happy, he looks a bit like a cross between the original Maq and the tease photo's at the conn.

I love the effort you're putting into this. Definitely inspiring me to do the same. The defect I want to fix is on Spidey's suit on MJ's back. So I would also have to deal with the black lines. I'd like to match the red as best as I can, tho.

My waitlist just converted for the Ex, but I already picked one up from a generous freak locally who let it go for cost. If any freak in the Edmonton area is looking for one, let me know. I'm looking to return the favour.

So, I just smashed this guy up for a refund. This might sound weird, but I found it REALLY difficult. I think I've used a hammer maybe once in my life, and it certainly wasn't to smash anything. I think I sat there holding the hammer for like five minutes thinking "****! Do I really need to do this? Maybe it's not that bad. Maybe I should just keep it. Maybe someone would want it. Oh God! Do I really have to do this?!?!?" I was really struggling. Then I finally started hitting the damn thing and the stupid heads wouldn't break! Little buggers! I hit them like fifty times and hardly made a dent. (Though I will admit that I hit like a girl :wink1:).

Anyway, here are some crappy phone pics for your viewing pleasure. The peg wouldn't go all the way in which was the main problem. Then there was white paint all over the base, including a big white fingerprint and a blob of dried paint under Spidey's foot. There were also a couple of paint chips and other problems. They offered a credit or a refund, so I took the refund.

Sorry to see you got a bad one and they couldn't even replace it for you :(

It's probably for the best actually. Since I've had three statues ship this month I could use the money. Also, if I'm being honest the production on this wasn't close enough to the proto for me anyway. I really loved the bright matte paints and thin painted lines on the prototype. They did a nice job of the shading on my production piece, but I simply didn't like the paints they used. And the sculpted lines filled in with the black wash looked..... lazy. So I'm happier with a refund anyway. But smashing up a statue isn't an experience I would like to repeat any time soon.

Better to smash up a statue for a refund then put up with some of the bad QC from sideshow. So I would take out all your frustration while doing it. We all waited long enough to finally receive it and it should look as close to the proto as possible.

Better to smash up a statue for a refund then put up with some of the bad QC from sideshow. So I would take out all your frustration while doing it. We all waited long enough to finally receive it and it should look as close to the proto as possible.

Very true. Did you get one as well? How does yours look?

Very true. Did you get one as well? How does yours look?

I did. I posted pics a few pages back, post #5009. Mine was ok. I got replacement parts coming but my base and body was pretty good. He sits flush to the base. Check out the pics even though they are crappy :)

I did. I posted pics a few pages back, post #5009. Mine was ok. I got replacement parts coming but my base and body was pretty good. He sits flush to the base. Check out the pics even though they are crappy :)

Found them! He looks really good aside from the issues that you noted. The lines look quite clean, which is good. A lot of mine looked quite muddy. I assume they are sending you a new head and arm?

Personally I couldn't do that myself, not for any problems. $600 turn around on a statue when folk can't feed themselves. Makes me feel disgusted to be a human being. Not having a go at anyone, just a terrible situation for the world to be in when we can smash up a $300 statue in the blink of an eye and nobody loses.

Back