Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it does, I will try that. But it should be okay I think. I'm being very gentle with that leg when I move it, making sure I don't pull or twist that area to be safe.

Make sure that any accessories or clothing around the area are removed, as some superglues particularly those that contain cyanoacrylate tend to 'fog' the surrounding area if the fumes / vapor cannot easily escape. A two-part epoxy such as Gorilla does not tend to fog anything.

If I had that to do over again, I wouldn't do it. It's really easy to go a little too far (and really hard to judge when that's going to happen) and dull the steel-colored paint. Also if used on the overly red endo arm, all of the glue spots will turn white, and there are way more than you think. Also, I didn't dare go anywhere near the chest; Zod only knows what that **** does to Hot Toys rubber.
If you absolutely feel the NEED to do it, 91% Isopropyl alcohol and cue tips is what several of us used, but you've been warned.

I curse HT for way overdoing the blood in the first place but I kind of agree. I definitely went too far on the chest of one of mine and exposed the black base plastic underneath in a small area. As for the heads, I worry that I've made them a little duller than they ideally would be.

well, im surprised...
dx13 doesnt look that good if both sides match
image.jpg

The face may be too wide aswell though.

I prefer the DX13 headsize but as far as relative width and length of his face I think the DX10 is more accurate.
It's a bit of a mind ****.

i was saying from day 1 :( ... DX10 was not that bad or lesser compared to DX13... grrrrrrrrr - infact my less than perfect eyes felt they made very lil change and improvement if any.
in anycase i am not as fussy as you, so i was happy with both except for all the ketchup on the dx13 - damn that ketchup makes him very very red!

I prefer the DX13 headsize but as far as relative width and length of his face I think the DX10 is more accurate.

also noticed your signature on ED... i thought u had a perfect piece... is it goin down the drain fro you too?

i have a 2nd t800, but it seems the neck plug might be a little too small/tight for the barbell joint. Any ideas on how to widen it, or loosen it up? It's quite tight when you turn his head around.

^Joints normally loosen with use anyway....I dunno, I wouldn't do anything about it.

I've just been trying to weather some DX13 clothes. Started with those weird blue boots using sandpaper. That created a contrast with the trousers so I took the sandpaper to those aswell. It looks good.....although I don't feel happy about having essentially 'damaged' my figures.

Oh and then I tried the sandpaper on one of my remaining figures with DX10 pants. It did a reasonable job there aswell, took that clean-sheen deep black look away, matches better with the MMS117 jacket I had on that particular figure. Again though, technically 'damaging' something. It doesn't sit well with me but it's done, no going back.

sigh.... i can never do that to any of my figures... but again... i dont have 100 Terminators :tapi ...
^Joints normally loosen with use anyway....I dunno, I wouldn't do anything about it.

I've just been trying to weather some DX13 clothes. Started with those weird blue boots using sandpaper. That created a contrast with the trousers so I took the sandpaper to those aswell. It looks good.....although I don't feel happy about having essentially 'damaged' my figures.

Oh and then I tried the sandpaper on one of my remaining figures with DX10 pants. It did a reasonable job there aswell, took that clean-sheen deep black look away, matches better with the MMS117 jacket I had on that particular figure. Again though, technically 'damaging' something. It doesn't sit well with me but it's done, no going back.

good one... man soon u will have like a 1 hr 53 min movie if you move your camera around each figure... almost every scene... I have a max 2 per character... however terminator definitely much much more... like 7 ish (and will keep growing) - but definitely not 5+ variants of each terminator release! :( cant manage that + customs + statues + Hot toys release a day

You guys and your diversity - embrace monotony!!

You don't truly have a figure until you own 10 of him :lol

... and here's my T-800 with his right arm at a 45 degree angle,
and here's my T-800 with his right arm at a 46 degree angle...

.... my anatomically correct naked T-800 with it swinging to the left...

So you see, the possibilities are endless. My next series will be a figure for each new bullet hole in his jacket throughout the Galleria confrontation.

good one... man soon u will have like a 1 hr 53 min movie if you move your camera around each figure... almost every scene... I have a max 2 per character... however terminator definitely much much more... like 7 ish (and will keep growing) - but definitely not 5+ variants of each terminator release! :( cant manage that + customs + statues + Hot toys release a day

Yeah I've gotten the sense that you're into quite a range of stuff. How many HT lines are you into, sorry if you've said it before and I've forgotten.

Back