Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (12/18/15) Discussion Thread

By CGI you mean trickey like miniatures, matte paintings and every other trick ever used in Star Wars so really it's the same as ever.

Though it's far more likely that unlike the PT which used tons of models and miniatures that the ST will do everything with computer models.

not-sure-if-srs.gif

Totally serious.

There were more models, miniatures, matte paintings in each single PT movie than the entire OT combined.

What confuses people seems to be that it was digitally composited as opposed to optically composited.

Also people seem to thing animatics use for pre-viz became the CGI models for everything.

It was a practical effects extravaganza the likes of which will never be seen again. Jackson went all-digital for The Hobbit and based on costs and what you can acheive I don't see how they are going to do it like the PT.

Oh - fair enough then. :)

Lightsider1972 - you've been watching the unauthorized bootleg documentaries haven't you.. :lol

Interesting. I always found Kit Fisto and Saesee Tiin to be the most appealing.

I forgot about Saesee Tin. He's cool too. Kit Fisto wasn't in TPM. He is interesting to look at and sort of a badass. I wish all of the characters had more time to develop to make Anakin's betrayal more emotional. As cool as the Jedi looked getting gunned down by clones, I really didn't care for them. John Williams' score made an emotionless scene feel epic. But despite that powerful soundtrack, it's still a shallow and empty movie.

As for the LFL logo, I expect to see it. The 20th Century Fox logo, on the other hand.... Sad day. To me, the Fox Fanfare is integral to the opening of a Star Wars movie. It's going to be weird seeing that castle. They do add a musical cue from the actual film to that castle montage sometimes. I see "Binary Sunset" (or the Force theme as I think of it) being played while the fireworks go off and the castle comes into full view. Dunno what they're going to do.

I'm going to close my eyes tightly until I know the Disney castle/palace has disappeared. The rest should be great! :D

Disney, Lucasfilm, Bad Robot.... With all the logo's its going to take about 3 minutes before we even get to the crawl :lol

Seriously though i'm hearing whispers of Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver and Anthony Daniels have begun being fitted for costume and started a few read through's of their scripts. I'm wondering if this mean's Princess Leia will be a lot more dominant than Luke or Han in this film???

I wouldn't mind if Luke is alluded to in 7, and shows up heavily in 8 almost like Yoda.

"You know it's like poetry. It rhymes..............."

I wouldn't mind if Luke is alluded to in 7, and shows up heavily in 8 almost like Yoda.

"You know it's like poetry. It rhymes..............."

Yeah I like that idea, what if Luke was heavily meditating on Dagobah, sensing a strong disturbance in the force. He then must contact the Republic on his visions.

Disney, Lucasfilm, Bad Robot.... With all the logo's its going to take about 3 minutes before we even get to the crawl :lol

Seriously though i'm hearing whispers of Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver and Anthony Daniels have begun being fitted for costume and started a few read through's of their scripts. I'm wondering if this mean's Princess Leia will be a lot more dominant than Luke or Han in this film???
Not that people don't change their minds, but I remember reading a while back that Anthony Daniels was pretty reluctant to wear the suit again.

He mentioned the physicality & effort needed to work in it was taking it's toll on him as an older person. I imagine how ever many years later.. it'd only be worse.

Not that people don't change their minds, but I remember reading a while back that Anthony Daniels was pretty reluctant to wear the suit again.

He mentioned the physicality & effort needed to work in it was taking it's toll on him as an older person. I imagine how ever many years later.. it'd only be worse.

they could always just have him to the voice alone. :dunno

Totally serious.

There were more models, miniatures, matte paintings in each single PT movie than the entire OT combined.

I find this hard to believe when they couldn't even construct a suit of armor to be worn by clonetroopers. Seriously, they CGIed the crap out of everything that could have been done practically. TPM is my favorite prequel because even though it's the most pointless story, it's also the most coherent script and the most Star Warsy. It also is apparent it was shot on sets with props and has many evident places where miniatures and full-scale models were used. It was also shot on film. All of these things make it better than Attack of the Crap and Revenge of the ****. I just came up with those names now and I'm sticking with them :monkey3

There's someone in the builders club that already has the full costume, and all the gestures and movements down too. He's even been used in promotional things. Seems plausible to use him, as Bad Robot already went to the club for assistance with the astromechs.

Back