Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (12/18/15) Discussion Thread

On the whole, I feel the same way. Where the disconnect for me comes in is where one realizes how much BETTER they COULD HAVE been.

How would you have changed the story?

Personally, the first two could have had some improvements, but ROTS in my eyes was perfect.

How would you have changed the story?

Personally, the first two could have had some improvements, but ROTS in my eyes was perfect.

I would have just added a lot more weight to the script. And improved the dialogue.
ROTS is the only one for me personally that worked as an entire movie, the others had amazing sections, fun stuff and some genuinely cool characters and moments but didn't really hold together too well.

Not sure why everybody hates episodes 1-3, I liked them. They did there job of telling the story of the rise of the Darth Vader perfectly fine. They may not be on par with the OT (well for me ROTS is the best movie, the other two are at the bottom) but they still are enjoyable to watch.

0. Hire competent script writers and unbiased directors for all 3 films that aren't named GEORGE LUCAS.
1. Introduce Dooku as a member of the Jedi Council from the very beginning.
2. Get rid of General Grievous and let Maul fill that role for all three films.
3. Introduce Anakin as a teenager who is the SAME AGE as Padme.
4. The Clone War begins at the end of Episode 1.
5. Episode two is about the CLONE WARS with a focus on Anakin and Obiwan.
6. Anakin's seduction to the Dark Side is complete by the end of Episode 2.
7. Episode 3 is about Darth Vader destroying the Jedi Order. Period.

Otherwise, I think L8TWRTR salvaged as much of the PT has is possible and made it into a much better story than what was officially released.

0. Hire competent script writers and unbiased directors for all 3 films that aren't named GEORGE LUCAS.

Otherwise, I think L8TWRTR salvaged as much of the PT has is possible and made it into a much better story than what was officially released.

yeah that's a pretty good list. i like Grievous though.:monkey3

We can have Maul get smashed by Obiwan still in episode 1 and have him return as a Grievous-esque cyborg in ep 2 and 3. :D

So you rather of had Obi Wan find Anakin, train him during the first film and thats it?

Yes I would rather Lucas had shown Obi-wan mentoring Anakin and the two of them being the friends that Old Ben said they were. I feel that wouldn't have been a bad thing. Rather than leaving that sort of important stuff to a subsidiary cartoon and wasting valuable movie time on characters that we'd never heard of before and who served no purpose beyond the role we were always told Obi-wan filled.

Last edited:

Yes I would rather Lucas had shown Obi-wan mentoring Anakin and the two of them being the friends that Old Ben said they were. I feel that wouldn't have been a bad thing. Rather than leaving that sort of important stuff to a subsidiary cartoon.

:lecture :exactly: :goodpost:

0. Agree
1. Would Dooku have turned or been a jedi all along?
2. I like Grievous though. He is the commander of the droid army where as Maul is a Sith apprentice, having both of them still could work, right?
3. Anakin was 9 and Padme was 14 when they meet. I do agree they should have been like 16-19 age range instead of little kids.
4. and 5. Love this idea. The clone wars novels and comics were great, having a whole movie that is not animated would be very enjoyable
6. I rather have had episode 3 be a three hour movie. First quarter is the fall of anakin skywalker, second and third quarter is the rise of the darth vader destroying jedi, fourth quarter is pretty much how ROTS ended, Obi slaying Vader...

But still your movie ideas sound awesome.

Dooku could have been a Sith in secret, like Palpatine.

I actually thought Dooku was awful. I love Lee, but it was either alzheimer's or total script confusion, but he never seemed to be able to remember his lines properly, especially in Clones. Every line was stumbled.

I actually thought Dooku was awful. I love Lee, but it was either alzheimer's or total script confusion, but he never seemed to be able to remember his lines properly, especially in Clones. Every line was stumbled.

Dooku could have been a Sith in secret, like Palpatine.

He was though, wasn't he?

I never liked Dooku, he always seemed like a very boring villain. Maul should have been the main bad guy for the prequels (besides Sidious)

He was though, wasn't he?

Yar. But I am talking about a secret sith AND a member of the Jedi Council at the same time. Not a secret sith who is a former Jedi who was part of the some inner rebellion we never saw and thus never cared about.

I never liked Dooku, he always seemed like a very boring villain. Maul should have been the main bad guy for the prequels (besides Sidious)

They could have combined Nute Gunray and Dooku for one character throughout all the films and they could have combined Maul and Grievous as one character throughout the films.

Yar. But I am talking about a secret sith AND a member of the Jedi Council at the same time. Not a secret sith who is a former Jedi who was part of the some inner rebellion we never saw and thus never cared about.

Ok, I get how that would work. It was really a load of loose strings Lucas started but never did anything with.

Ok, I get how that would work. It was really a load of loose strings Lucas started but never did anything with.

I can some up what is wrong with the PT in one name...

Not Jar Jar. Not Lil' Ani.

Master Sifodyas. This character embodies everything that was wrong with the PT. A character given no introduction. No background. Nothing of interest for the auduence to latch on to and care about. Then take that character noone has any reason to care about and use him as a crucial cornerstone of your entire PT story engine.

:doh

Back