Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (12/18/15) Discussion Thread

Cgi moving matte paintings are fine by me. The OT had plenty of set extensions.

And exactly how is Luke's hand supposed to get into space?
It would have fallen to the surface. Or through the surface (gas planet).

It's BS. Some fake **** that has been put out there to test the IQ levels at a few fan sites. Most have failed the test.
:lol

I remember that Episode from the original Star Trek series!

IMG_2510_zps3fc53b8e.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Not liking the new X wing design so far, but far too early to be critical, I look forward to seeing it in action. It is nice they have actually built props rather than make it a Lucas style green screen only affair.

Can I have a minute to do a little rant?

Lucas built a **** load of practical stuff for the prequels. Huge sets, ships, prosthetics, animatronics, matte paintings, digital
Matte paintings. Bigature practical models for landscapes and environments. EVERYTHING!!!!

And JJ shows one ****ing spaceship and people go "thank the gods, he has gone practical, that **** Lucas did everything green screen"

Shuuuuuuuttttt uuuuuuupppppp!!!

Thank you. You may now return to your scheduled programming.

Are you saying that if Star Wars episode 7 uses 100% practical effects it will be as bad as Cannibal Campout? :horror

Lucas was always into pushing the medium and exploring new technologies. And people expected him to do the PT exactly like he did the OT? The PT has the same kind of technological shortcomings the OT had. It's just that they are more digital.

Can I have a minute to do a little rant?

Lucas built a **** load of practical stuff for the prequels. Huge sets, ships, prosthetics, animatronics, matte paintings, digital
Matte paintings. Bigature practical models for landscapes and environments. EVERYTHING!!!!

And JJ shows one ****ing spaceship and people go "thank the gods, he has gone practical, that **** Lucas did everything green screen"

Shuuuuuuuttttt uuuuuuupppppp!!!

Thank you. You may now return to your scheduled programming.

I'm sorry I posted. I was simply saying it is nice to see a physical ship had been built. I'm under no delusions and am sure the movie will still be a cgi fest...

Forget about the sh***y hand plot, JJ is doing practical fx :banana :rotfl

I can't believe i'm now old enough to see an Ben Kenobi-esqe Luke in my lifetime. And i'm sure i will have a figure of him.

"Strange days have found us."

Back