Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (12/18/15) Discussion Thread

BtV9sbsCYAAbucl.jpg:large

BtV9sJyCcAACVpR.jpg:large

That photo of Hamill shows, why I am positive about the whole "Luke gone for 30 year" idea.

Apart from it being intriguing, mysterious and having a potential to be a great plot pusher (if used correctly), the image of a bearded, old, worse for wear looking Luke, traveling the galaxy as lonely Jedi Hermit, is awesome in so many ways.

Let them make him a bit crazy too ;) Grumpy, sharped tongued warrior, who has a hard time getting back into the fold, and has no patience for Han and his wise-ass ******** ;)

Remember, the original ending to ROTJ had Luke leaving on his own. Sounds like JJ is keen to the original ideas, McQuarrie concepts , etc. It could very well be that Luke is a Hermit.

Following ROTJ Luke has a lot of work to do. He needs to re-assemble as much lost Jedi knowledge as possible. Ben and Yoda only had time to give Luke the cliff notes version. There's thousands of years of teaching and Luke only has the rest of his life to put it all back together. That means Luke would have to travel the galaxy looking for old temple ruins, holocrons, the Kaiburr Crystal, and all sorts of cool stuff. Along the way he also needs to train one or two students to carry the flame. Yeah, I could see where he might leave and not be heard from for 30 years.

He might also feel the need to atone for dad's sins. Perhaps he's doing missionary work. He might show up in some tiny village on a backwater planet.

I can't believe i'm now old enough to see an Ben Kenobi-esqe Luke in my lifetime. And i'm sure i will have a figure of him.

"Strange days have found us."
Indeed, I was born in 1977 I've been a fan ever since I can remember, and I never thought we'd ever see another starwars with the originals actors. It's a very weird feeling even though it's just a silly movie series, but I guess it holds a place in my heart. :peace

Following ROTJ Luke has a lot of work to do. He needs to re-assemble as much lost Jedi knowledge as possible. Ben and Yoda only had time to give Luke the cliff notes version. There's thousands of years of teaching and Luke only has the rest of his life to put it all back together. That means Luke would have to travel the galaxy looking for old temple ruins, holocrons, the Kaiburr Crystal, and all sorts of cool stuff. Along the way he also needs to train one or two students to carry the flame. Yeah, I could see where he might leave and not be heard from for 30 years.

He might also feel the need to atone for dad's sins. Perhaps he's doing missionary work. He might show up in some tiny village on a backwater planet.

I think Master Luke is living here....
:wink1:

Here's an interview of him regarding Episode VII. Really awesome hearing how much he loves the set and environment of the entire thing. Man just thinking about seeing the original trio all together again leaves me speechless. I can already hear the cheers that will be in theaters when they first pop up on screen.

"It was certainly unexpected. I already had a beginning, middle and end. I never thought we'd come back," he told the BBC's Lizo Mzimba.

"To go on to those sets that evoked so many memories. It is just astonishing."

He added that Harrison Ford was recovering well after breaking his leg on set in June.

"I was not on set. It was really terrible but I hear he's doing really well. It will take more than that to stop Harrison Ford," said Hamill, who was speaking on the red carpet of the UK premiere of Guardians of the Galaxy.

Speaking about returning to his biggest screen role with Fisher, Hamill said: "It was fantastic. Again - I thought even if they did a third trilogy, we wouldn't be involved, because it is really about the new generation of characters.

"We are just there to lend our support and grow contractually obligated beards."

He added that the new generation of actors brought in by director JJ Abrams were impressing him.

Back