Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (12/18/15) Discussion Thread

Alec Guiness had such a dignified look about him, along with the way he carried himself. I don't really see that here as much, but who knows what will come across in the filming.

Would be kind of cool if Luke has lost his marbles a little, Searching the Galaxy, training disciples. Would give him an unpredictable edge.

You can't possibly infer from his appearance in this video how he will play the character. ;) I'm talking about his physical appearance. He's lost a lot of weight, looks trim and the hair and beard look mighty Old Jedi to me.

You can't possibly infer from his appearance in this video how he will play the character. ;) I'm talking about his physical appearance. He's lost a lot of weight, looks trim and the hair and beard look mighty Old Jedi to me.

No doubt, and I'm not really trying to take anything away from his achievement. I'm just saying his look and body language in this video, and I have nothing else to base this on, tell me a different story, at least in my eyes. He could come across completely different in the movie, as he is an actor and that is his job. It just got me to thinking that it might be cool to see his character had developed in such a way that might not be totally positive. Perhaps he had become the crazy old Master, and that had given him an unpredictable edge.

His character probably wont be like that, he will most likely be exactly what most fans want him to be, Ben Kenobi 2.0

No doubt, and I'm not really trying to take anything away from his achievement. I'm just saying his look and body language in this video, and I have nothing else to base this on, tell me a different story, at least in my eyes. He could come across completely different in the movie, as he is an actor and that is his job. It just got me to thinking that it might be cool to see his character had developed in such a way that might not be totally positive. Perhaps he had become the crazy old Master, and that had given him an unpredictable edge.

His character probably wont be like that, he will most likely be exactly what most fans want him to be, Ben Kenobi 2.0

So you basically took the time to post that Mark Hamill, when not on set and not in character, doesn't seem like a wizened Jedi Knight.

NEWS FLASH: In real life Mark Hamill is NOT a Jedi Knight!!!

(but he does take used cigarettes from random public ashtrays... kinda in a "bumb-like" fashion) :monkey3

So you basically took the time to post that Mark Hamill, when not on set and not in character, doesn't seem like a wizened Jedi Knight.

NEWS FLASH: In real life Mark Hamill is NOT a Jedi Knight!!!.

(but he does take used cigarettes from random public ashtrays... kinda in a "bumb-like" fashion) :monkey3

How DARE you say that! I sir, am deeply offended!

As for the small print, I have a hard time wiping that from my mind so maybe it also plays a part in how I see him now. Just please dont have a scene on Coruscant where he picks through garbage for old "Death Sticks".

I'm getting crazy homeless guy from him right now, but maybe that's what they are going for.

He just needs a couple pee stains on his Jedi Robe to complete the look.

Still an improvement from a year ago, though.

:lol

I've got to say though, I think he's going to bring it.

Ever since this movie was announced, I've wondered how peter mayhew was gonna pull off Chewie, given his walking issues, and fact he's ten years old than ROTS. If you go back to that film, he's noticeable bow legged and pretty much just stands in place. Will they need to rely on stunt actors I wonder? genuinely curious

Update: googled him and see he did some major surgery in the last couple years on the knees...anyone see him in the last year or so?

He received his knee surgery this year and made a full recovery. However his walking us still quite limited. I'm sure that his part in the new movie is small.

Ever since this movie was announced, I've wondered how peter mayhew was gonna pull off Chewie, given his walking issues, and fact he's ten years old than ROTS. If you go back to that film, he's noticeable bow legged and pretty much just stands in place. Will they need to rely on stunt actors I wonder? genuinely curious

Update: googled him and see he did some major surgery in the last couple years on the knees...anyone see him in the last year or so?

I'm sure he'll be able to walk better now, but I'm sure they'll use a double for the more action intense shots.

Its not like OT Chewbacca was doing flips and running fast anyways, he's always been mostly static.

He walked quickly once in ESB. :lol

Chewie shuffles, waves his arms and opens his mouth.
No talent needed.

Let's shut up about Chewbacca not moving, lest we get a non-articulated 1/6 figure. Shhhh.

Jye is right, his "run" has always been a brisk walk, if that. :lol

Death Star corridors? Far behind, sluggishly moving. Bespin? Far behind the group with 3PO on his back not even keeping up. Endor? Swingin' on ropes like Tarzan and using an AT-ST walker.

Back