Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (12/18/15) Discussion Thread

McDiarmid is defnitely a high point in the PT. I feel like his performance really is under-appreciated, though the confrontation scene between him and the Windu led Jedi trio is cringe inducing. I don't really blame him for that though.

Definately not McDiarmid's fault, the scene was rewritten that many times that he didn't even know he had a lightsaber battle until he turned up on the day it was shot. Originally Anakin would kill the three other Jedi and Palpatine would only use Sith lightning, then that got changed to Palpatine using Anakin's lightsaber. Finally months later they reshot part of it the scene to include the Sith cyclone and have Palpatine have his own lightsaber. Even during the time between principal photography and the pick ups, they had a rewrite where Palpatine tried to get his lightsaber from a Sith artifact but Mace blocked him off leading to him borrowing Anakin's.

George Lucas' drive for perfection has led him into ruining a brilliant saga, which gives me hope with it now in the hands of Larry Kasdan and JJ Abrams.

:exactly: I've said before that I think he had the best acting in all three films. Glad someone else agrees.

For me Maul, McDiarmid's performance, the score, and the lightsaber battles (minus a few which were awful) are all reasons to rewatch the PT.

:goodpost:

That scene would have been so much cooler if Palpatine fought and beat all those Jedi with no lightsaber. Just the power of the DARKSIDE of the force. I would have loved to see that.

Such as what we all assumed about older masters like Yoda and Palpatine before the prequels happened. I half think that was indeed Lucas's original idea before the advent of CGI enabled Yoda to wield a lightsaber.

That scene would have been so much cooler if Palpatine fought and beat all those Jedi with no lightsaber. Just the power of the DARKSIDE of the force. I would have loved to see that.

Yeah, imagine if at the very least Palpatine held up his hand, made an abrupt fist, and then all three lesser Jedi clutched their throats and fell over dead before he faced off against Windu.

I thought something similar but then you'd have to ask why he couldn't do it to Windu any time he wanted.

Well Windu was much more powerful than Fisto, Tiin and Kolar (the three Jedi Palpatine killed).

Pretty sure he's second only to Yoda.

He and Yoda both should have fought with just the Force. I agree it would have been cool to see the Emperor take them down with the Force and have Anakin kill Mace Windu.

Carrie Fisher from Mar 22.. she's looking very slim! :)

Carrie+Fisher+Geffen+Playhouse+Annual+Backstage+v6j_54h6HZXl.jpg

Carrie+Fisher+Geffen+Playhouse+Annual+Backstage+ES3VXA1Y4A3l.jpg

I'm soooo excited to see her in E7!!!

Ide hit it

Lakhota is using his Speak and Spell

You think she will wear gold plated depends ?

When I lived in Vegas her mother had that Debbie Reynolds Hotel and I heard that time she was frequently partying on the strip.

I have a hard time picturing Leia as a Jedi. I always have.

What I can imagine is Leia being force trained and using her powers in a different way.

I have a hard time picturing Leia as a Jedi. I always have.

What I can imagine is Leia being force trained and using her powers in a different way.

I'd be cool with that.. but I still want to see Leia swing a lightsaber!

Back