Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (12/18/15) Discussion Thread

In a way, you have determined the content of the next 15 posts - ''I hate Kevin Smith'' ''I refuse to listen to Kevin Smith'' ''Kevin Smith is a hack'' ''Kevin Smith is fat'' ''Kevin Smith has never made a good movie'' etc etc etc
Kevin Smith can't spell sycophant...

Showed my Little girl, who will be 6 years old in 3 months, Star Wars (you know, Ep. 4) for the first time today. I started as any responsible Parent who loves their child should, with the original, unaltered version. I'm sad to say she was bored to tears, she actually chose to go to bed over watching the last 5 minutes of the movie.

I waited this long to show her so that she would be about the same age I was when I first saw it in the theater, in an effort to recapture that magic I experienced so long ago. I was really hoping she would like it so I could make a big deal out of Episode 7 with her, but I guess I'm out of luck.

I guess the only way she would get excited over the new Star War movies were if they added My Little Ponies to them.

My worst fear is that she would discover the Prequels and like them more, but such things aren't spoken about in my home. As a matter of fact, perhaps I should lock the PT away for now.

She started off by commenting on how ugly the Princess was and it just went downhill from there.

Anybody else experience this disappointment?

My Girl is 12 now. And i did the same thing as you when she was about that age. It doesn't bug me in the least, SW is for boys (mostly) girls just don't really care for it. It was the same thing back when i was a kid only the odd girl out really liked SW. No big deal when she gets older and wants to discover it for herself that's fine...If not fine.

My brothers who are not fans have kids who are Star Wars crazy. My boys could take it or leave it.

My Girl is 12 now. And i did the same thing as you when she was about that age. It doesn't bug me in the least, SW is for boys (mostly) girls just don't really care for it. It was the same thing back when i was a kid only the odd girl out really liked SW. No big deal when she gets older and wants to discover it for herself that's fine...If not fine.

Thanks Man, I knew it was a long shot.

:duff

My daughter who is 3 watches both my little pony....and the clone wars...so.go figure.lol

I genetically modified my 4 year old to love Star Wars. Unfortunately something went wrong and he likes Bayformers instead.

I was taken to see Star Wars at release when I was 4... I fell asleep as they blasted off Tattooine in the Falcon and only woke up when the Death Star blew... :)

Yeah I think there might have been more success with a 6 year old son rather than daughter. And ideally he would not have seen the prequels beforehand because unfortunately he probably would prefer them and you'd have to cast him out into the wilderness.

Showed my Little girl, who will be 6 years old in 3 months, Star Wars (you know, Ep. 4) for the first time today. I started as any responsible Parent who loves their child should, with the original, unaltered version. I'm sad to say she was bored to tears, she actually chose to go to bed over watching the last 5 minutes of the movie.

I waited this long to show her so that she would be about the same age I was when I first saw it in the theater, in an effort to recapture that magic I experienced so long ago. I was really hoping she would like it so I could make a big deal out of Episode 7 with her, but I guess I'm out of luck.

I guess the only way she would get excited over the new Star War movies were if they added My Little Ponies to them.

My worst fear is that she would discover the Prequels and like them more, but such things aren't spoken about in my home. As a matter of fact, perhaps I should lock the PT away for now.

She started off by commenting on how ugly the Princess was and it just went downhill from there.

Anybody else experience this disappointment?

So would you rather have your daughter not interested in Star Wars at all than like Star Wars via the PT or Clone Wars cartoon?

I actually would.

Nah, that's silly. There is a lot of fun to be had for kids in the PT. You might actually like it a little more through their eyes.
I know I do. The art and design and general world building of the PT is fantastic for a kids imagination.

And you can keep the OT as a separate thing entirely, if you wish to do that. You wouldn't be letting them watch the second half of Sith anyway. it doesn't have to be black or white.

Nah, that's silly. There is a lot of fun to be had for kids in the PT. You might actually like it a little more through their eyes.
I know I do. The art and design and general world building of the PT is fantastic for a kids imagination.

And you can keep the OT as a separate thing entirely, if you wish to do that. You wouldn't be letting them watch the second half of Sith anyway. it doesn't have to be black or white.

Yep! Agreed.

There's only one movie i give a **** about anymore and this is it.

Back