Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (12/18/15) Discussion Thread

Revenge of the Sith did no favors for Vader's old reputation as a badass. None at all.

I can never forgive it for that reason. That should of been it's biggest priority. Cheapshotting Mace, killing kids, getting shredded by Obi Wan, and then that lackluster ending where he finally gets suited felt so empty.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

AotC killed Anakin/Vader's reputation stone dead the second he begged the shape-shifting bounty hunter to 'tell us now'...

Yup. Can't believe that's what Lucas wanted his main character to be like.

Whiny, spoiled, easily manipulated, and just a brat who got so used to throwing temper-tantrums. The galaxy would have just been far better off if Maul decide to actually kill Kenobi rather than poke at him like a little boy does with a stick to a fish out of water.

It's funny how many times Lucas deliberately went out of his way to show Anakin say something and then cut away to other Jedi/people/whoever looking at each other awkwardly with expressions of "what a whiner/baby/loser" on their faces. He did that like 10 times throughout the PT. Yes George we get it, this whole thing is very uncomfortable! Just because characters are empathizing with us onscreen doesn't somehow make Anakin NOT a whiner/baby/loser.

Saw this over at FLOSI's cantina:

We're headed back.... To Tunisia !!!!

star-wars-7-tatooine-656.jpg

https://www.joblo.com/movie-news/jj...ion?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Sounds promising.. cheers Jimmy. :)

Maybe the return of boba Fett?

Tapatalk

Revenge of the Sith did no favors for Vader's old reputation as a badass. None at all.

I can never forgive it for that reason. That should of been it's biggest priority. Cheapshotting Mace, killing kids, getting shredded by Obi Wan, and then that lackluster ending where he finally gets suited felt so empty.

just a thought. The Galaxy as a whole didn't yet know who vader was. He's still whiney emo kid in the PT.

PERHAPS we will get a stand-alone Vader film, POST EP III, wherein we see him hunting down some remaining jedi, and really coming into his own, and being the "monsterous badass" people expect him to be?

just a thought. The Galaxy as a whole didn't yet know who vader was. He's still whiney emo kid in the PT.

PERHAPS we will get a stand-alone Vader film, POST EP III, wherein we see him hunting down some remaining jedi, and really coming into his own, and being the "monsterous badass" people expect him to be?

I'd love that. I'd also love to see someone with real skills with a lightsaber play as Darth Vader. We know Anakin was a great duelist, and although Vader is his drop off as far as potential goes, he should be portrayed as a vicious lightsaber fighter when he hunts down remaining jedi.

Anakin in BOTH cartoon series' was so powerful and still likeable (while still slowly being overcome with his weaknesses). So it would be easy for fans to accept Vader if given a film that makes you remember why Palpatine always had his eye on him (and not simply stuck with him because everyone else is pretty much dead and gone like RotS might imply to some).

It's funny how in the PT I was not a fan of Anakin/Vader at all and it wasnt simply just the actor portraying him it was the writing too. Yet in the Clone Wars animated series I thoroughly enjoy his character, it's the Anakin we should have gotten in at very least Episode III.

Exposition for exposition's sake. :huh

Why does everything have to be explained - & in this case, done as a 'fix' of sorts because of a s**tty series of films that tried to do that poorly in the first place.

Nah - leave it for goodness' sake. :lol

Exposition for exposition's sake. :huh

Why does everything have to be explained - & in this case, done as a 'fix' of sorts because of a s**tty series of films that tried to do that poorly in the first place.

Nah - leave it for goodness' sake. :lol

There is no goodness to be worried about its sake lol.

It's funny how in the PT I was not a fan of Anakin/Vader at all and it wasnt simply just the actor portraying him it was the writing too. Yet in the Clone Wars animated series I thoroughly enjoy his character, it's the Anakin we should have gotten in at very least Episode III.

Its getting there by the time we get to RotS, but theres still those annoying elements from AotC which hold Christensen's performance back. After watching him in other films including the lacklustre Jumper i'm certain its down to GL's writing and not Christensen's acting ability.

Its getting there by the time we get to RotS, but theres still those annoying elements from AotC which hold Christensen's performance back. After watching him in other films including the lacklustre Jumper i'm certain its down to GL's writing and not Christensen's acting ability.

Yeah, people tend to call Hayden an awful actor, but I thought I read somewhere that he had problems with GL because George overruled him whenever he would try things acting wise.

"Faster, more intense" isn't really good direction.

I heard HC is great in "Shattered Glass."

Yeah, people tend to call Hayden an awful actor, but I thought I read somewhere that he had problems with GL because George overruled him whenever he would try things acting wise.

"Faster, more intense" isn't really good direction.

I heard HC is great in "Shattered Glass."

He was really good in "Life as a House"

I don't know about his acting abilities but his performance in AOTC and ROTS was woeful although I did like his design as Anakin especially when he kills the Separatist Leaders on Mutafaar.

'You underestimate my Power' was laughable and Mommy's boy deserved his whopping on Mutafaar.

How much of this was GL fault is up in the air but the Anakin/Vader I always imagined was not what was in the PT that is for sure. Vader really came out looking like a chump in the PT and Lucas really took the whole 'fallen/tragic hero' thing way to far.

Crying-baby.jpg

Attachments

• Crying-baby.jpg
    Crying-baby.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Back