Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (12/18/15) Discussion Thread

Not sure why theyd go back to Yavin..I understand they abandanoned it after epIV, id just assume the Empire remnants would look there if there is indeed a Rebellion in play still.
Pretty cool though if it is cause it links up with EpIV.

Plus it would sound like Kevin J Anderson's Jedi Academy trilogy.Luke searching the galaxy for future Jedi, brings them back to Yavin base and starts his Jedi Academy.
Spirit of Sithlord trapped in one of the obelisks, Gantoris, an apprentice, wanders the obelisk and is lured to the darkside.
Adam driver reminded me a lot of the look of Gantoris.lol.

Not sure why theyd go back to Yavin..I understand they abandanoned it after epIV, id just assume the Empire remnants would look there if there is indeed a Rebellion in play still..

Think of the whole thing with the roles of the Empire and Rebels reversed. The"empire" are now the ones operating in secrecy trying to stay off the radar of the "rebels" aka republic. There's a lot more freedom when you're not having to hide out - for the new republic.

Think of the whole thing with the roles of the Empire and Rebels reversed. The"empire" are now the ones operating in secrecy trying to stay off the radar of the "rebels" aka republic. There's a lot more freedom when you're not having to hide out - for the new republic.

Bingo.

https://badassdigest.com/2014/09/15...am-driver-dressed-in-an-x-wing-pilot-uniform/

The conventional wisdom on Adam Driver's Star Wars Episode VII role has been, from the very first days when he was just a rumored player, that it's a baddie. Driver, we have known for a long time, is a bad guy in the new film.

So why was he photographed on the set of the film wearing an X-Wing pilot uniform?

Well, there are a couple of possibilities that rear their heads here:

1) We know that the lines between the Empire and the Rebellion have blurred in a big way. The good guys from the Original Trilogy have taken over some of the apparatus of the Galactic Empire, including very possibly their ships. Could the remnants of the Empire, on the defensive, have taken the scrappy ships and uniforms of the Rebellion? Remember, the Prequel Trilogy flipped everything around so that Storm Troopers were good guys - what if this time JJ Abrams is flipping it so X-Wing pilots are bad guys?

2) Who says that's Driver's regular outfit? Couldn't he be sneaking onto an X-Wing base? It's a trope to have heroes dress up like bad guys to sneak into their bases, and JJ Abrams loves flipping the script (see the reversal of the Spock death scene in Star Trek Into Darkness, for instance). Maybe baddie Driver is going undercover.

3) Maybe JJ Abrams is just ****ing with us. He knows his sets are being photographed. Why not send Driver out in the wrong outfit to screw with the fans? Of course this means he happened to have on hand a flight suit that would fit tall boy Driver, but who knows.

4) What if Driver isn't a bad guy but is instead one of the four X-Wing pilot supporting players Latino Review talked about? Maybe we've been wrong all along.

5) Perhaps that isn't even Driver. It's hard to be completely certain from that fuzzy photo.

And finally, SPOILERS -

and I do mean SPOILERS

6) I have heard again and again that one character betrays the others. I thought I knew who it was, but maybe I was looking at the wrong person... maybe Driver's character goes bad by the end of the film.

And so the Mystery Box again leaves us wondering just what the heck is going on.

For more pics, visit StarWars7News. Original photo by Rick Lawrence.

SOURCE: STARWARS7NEWS

Is it Dec 2015 yet?
I hope they show a teaseer trailer at C7!

According to the source, Ridley's character has four codenames in the film: Kira, Kera, Sera and Fawn. Unfortunately, it remains unclear what her connection is to the original cast members. However, the source told Marking Star Wars Luke Skywalker has definitely been missing for 10 years, not the reported 35 years. Likewise, with his disappearance, Luke Skywalker reportedly "has grown so powerful with his command of the Force." A mere glance is all it takes to "literally move mountains or bring down ships."

“The recent x-wing pictures with the extras in them – these are the same soldiers that were flanking Leia in the production sketch I reported where she was in the middle of several Hutts. They still look to me like Naboo guards or pilots as I stated before. Their head-gear is slightly different to the sketch I saw but otherwise it’s the same costumes.”

More on Adam Driver and the Dooku connection rumors:

“And the recent Adam Driver rumor - Benedict Cumberbatch, Gwendoline Christie, the Count Dooku connection and now the Driver rumors. These are all based on that central idea of an aristocratic family ‘line’ involving 'Episode 7’s' bad guys. And as I said before, I firmly believe it's the line of Dooku. Details and characters might have changed, but the idea of an aristocratic villain with a heritage going back to the Clone Wars has been there from pre-production, and as far as I know it’s still a major part of the story.”

The source named the alleged Sith home planet:

“Moraband – The Sith homeworld is in the movie. It’s been there throughout production with various names attached to it. I had it confirmed to me by someone working in England that there are sets for the ‘Sith world’.”

Get ready to see James Bond and Han Solo join forces as Daniel Craig has only gone and bagged himself a last-minute role in Star Wars Episode 7.
The 46-year-old actor, famous for his role as Bond, James Bond, apparently begged director JJ Abrams for a part in the upcoming sure-to-be-a-massive-hit sci-fi flick.
And JJ Abrams was only too happy to act as Craig’s fairy godfather, granting him the wish.
According to reports, Craig has already filmed his mystery role, which involved him heading to Pinewood Studios in secret for two days last week.
Fans might not even guess which part Craig is playing as his face won’t even be on screen, according to a source.

I'm liking a lot of the rumors, it's all going to be in the delivery if they end up being great on screen or not.

I could see Daniel Craig as a high ranking Imperial.. or a Jedi master - I guess great actors have that ability.

He might just end up being the fasten your seat belt voice over message in the 'new' X-Wings though. :lol

I could see Daniel Craig as a high ranking Imperial.. or a Jedi master - I guess great actors have that ability.

He might just end up being the fasten your seat belt voice over message in the 'new' X-Wings though. :lol

LOL

Your Bloody cockpit is ajar.

Why do I have a feeling he'd be a Bounty Hunter of some sort? Could definitely see him as an Imperial though.

LOL

Your Bloody cockpit is ajar.

Why do I have a feeling he'd be a Bounty Hunter of some sort? Could definitely see him as an Imperial though.

dude, that would be awesome, would really make it hard waiting for the Hasbro 'talking electronic xwing' to come out. :lol

Back