Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    PALPATINE CRUSADER!!!!
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Default Indiana Jones Announcement

hope this is news to you guys too, but when all three are talking about it it has to be a big sign of progress.
    http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=19382

Flamethrowers: Because someone once thought "I really want to set those people on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

2. Fanboy Collectibles  160x600 Entertainment Earth 250x250-NFL
    Administrator
    Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Panjo
    Things I'm Selling
    Follow Darklord Dave On Twitter Add Darklord Dave on Facebook Visit Darklord Dave's Youtube Channel
    I'll believe it when they start filming.

But the bit about a controversial McGuffin is intriguing. Wonder what it might be? Maybe along the DaVinci lines it's something about the descendants of Jesus.

Isn't Harrison Ford pushing 70 by now? I just can't imagine why anyone would want to see a 70 year old Indiana Jones. That would be like bringing back Sean Connery now to play James Bond.
    Last edited by TheObsoleteMan; 08-28-2006 at 10:54 AM.

Making this up as I go...
    Feedback
    26 (100%)
    DAR! Hairless, your header got me thinking there was a Sideshow announcement for Indy figures! Hopefully soon!!!

Indy!!! Indy!!! Indy!!!

Emma Fan
    Feedback
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheObsoleteMan
    Isn't Harsion Ford pushing 70 by now? I just can't imagine why anyone would want to see a 70 year old Indiana Jones. That would be like bringing back Sean Connery now to play James Bond.
    That's been my feeling since the first I heard of part 4. I just can't see how they will pull this off adequately.

Blue Flame of the West/Mod MODERATOR
    Feedback
    I don't have a problem with an older Indy, it's just that they will have to advance the storyline into the late 50's or early 60's to make up for his obvious aging. That time period doesn't have the nostalgia of the mid-40's that this series needs.

Malalaking Gagamba
    Feedback
    51 (100%)
    I would like to see Connery return to the Bond role actually.

Isn't Harrison Ford pushing 70 by now? I just can't imagine why anyone would want to see a 70 year old Indiana Jones. That would be like bringing back Sean Connery now to play James Bond.
    he's 63 and looks 53.

after seeing "Firewall", he can still do the indiana jones type stunts too.:chew

Finger-Lickin' Good
    Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Actually, I think he's a little older than 60, he's a couple years older than George Lucas who turned 60 this year, so he should be around that age also. This has been one of my concerns also, I think he could have done really well if they started the movie like five years ago, it seems once someone starts getting old it starts to show very quickly.

It is interesting though that they are going to take a risk with the story, I wonder what it'll be? Hmmm...

EDIT: beat me to it

Quote Originally Posted by pixletwin
    I would like to see Connery return to the Bond role actually.
    Yeah I think Connery could still pull of a great Bond, with the right stunt double that is
    You seem somewhat familiar. Have I threatened you before?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast