The Not Alamo Drafthouse Poster Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kind of disappointed in The Ghostbusters prints so far. The Joshua Budich one is tempting. I like the elements that feel like a comic panel. But I think if Mondo put Martin Ansin, Tyler Stout, or even Kevin Tong on it, they could come up with something really special.

I was looking forward to Mark Englert's version but he went against his usual landscape stuff and was inspired by the old videogame it seems. I think he's doing another Ghostbusters for his subscription group. Not sure. But definitely not what I was expecting. I was looking for something more like these images with the ECTO-1 headed towards the building. Or the Ghostbusters final battle on the rooftop. Tons of opportunity for glow in the dark ghosts and lights with those options.

Attachments

• Ghostbusters_Building_01.jpg
    Ghostbusters_Building_01.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 316
  • Ghostbusters_Building_02.jpg
    Ghostbusters_Building_02.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 289
  • Ghostbusters_Building_03.jpg
    Ghostbusters_Building_03.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 303
Yeah, as far as the GB prints are concerned, they could have been better. Still waiting for the perfect version to hang.

I bought The Glow in the Dark GB Print, I personally love it. I also quite liked the DKNG Ecto-1 until I saw the stay puft Marshmallow man it looks like it was done in Ms Paint.

Kind of disappointed in The Ghostbusters prints so far. The Joshua Budich one is tempting. I like the elements that feel like a comic panel. But I think if Mondo put Martin Ansin, Tyler Stout, or even Kevin Tong on it, they could come up with something really special.

I was looking forward to Mark Englert's version but he went against his usual landscape stuff and was inspired by the old videogame it seems. I think he's doing another Ghostbusters for his subscription group. Not sure. But definitely not what I was expecting. I was looking for something more like these images with the ECTO-1 headed towards the building. Or the Ghostbusters final battle on the rooftop. Tons of opportunity for glow in the dark ghosts and lights with those options.

Mondo would give it to Jay Shaw :lol Stout should have had Winter Soldier but instead we get that

Yeah, as far as the GB prints are concerned, they could have been better. Still waiting for the perfect version to hang.

Mark Englert really should have gone with the city or final battle print. He could have the Marshmallow Man at the edge of the building as the Ghostbusters are firing on Gozer. That would have been one of his best. I'm really a bit let down by his releases I guess. Only the TMNT one is tops to me. The only one I own. He has the New Hope Luke sunset scene upcoming. But if I wanted that I would do a capture of the scene and print it.

I've been listening to the Ghostbusters SEGA Genesis game soundtrack too. It's a shame that nothing came out of that show for me. I was hoping that Mondo would attempt a Ghostbusters this week. But I guess not. And I assume Spider-Man is next week.

Mondo would give it to Jay Shaw :lol Stout should have had Winter Soldier but instead we get that

Yeah they have some strange choices recently. If Tyler Stout doesn't do a print for Avengers 2 I'll be shocked. Even those Martin Ansin Alien and Prometheus prints were strange. I guess that was artist interpretation. But they were convoluted. Attempting to tell the story of the movies vertically. And I think they could have used the character likeness too since it was a gallery show.

I've asked this before (twice, I think), and I know I got an answer, but I can't for the life of me remember what that was, so.....

I need a flat storage 'file' for prints of varying size.

What is a recommended brand and file to go with?

And can I get a file that fits prints of varying sizes? Do I just buy different size 'pages' to hold the prints?

Obviously, I'm lost here....again. :lol

Grey Matter Art just unveiled their second release, a new poster for Escape from New York by Gabz. It’s a 24″ x 36″ screenprint, has an edition of 325, and will cost $50. The variant has an edition of 175 and will cost $75. These go up Wednesday, April 30th at a random time between 1pm-2pm Eastern Time. Visit GreyMatterArt.com

Escape-from-New-York-Regular-682x1024.jpg

Escape-from-New-York-Variant-Edition-682x1024.jpg

Mark Englert's Star Wars is previewed over on Expresso Beans. I think the glow in the dark layer is better than the normal. Luke looks awkward on the normal print. And it's like I thought. If you like that scene a lot, just print it off the Blu-ray. But his attempt is a good idea.

Man, what a fiasco it was to get this thing. I thought Mondo was bad. Their site went down and they only announced that they were taking orders through email on Twitter. Luckily I decided to subscribe to them there before today and was able to get a Variant Print.

Grey Matter Art just unveiled their second release, a new poster for Escape from New York by Gabz. It’s a 24″ x 36″ screenprint, has an edition of 325, and will cost $50. The variant has an edition of 175 and will cost $75. These go up Wednesday, April 30th at a random time between 1pm-2pm Eastern Time. Visit GreyMatterArt.com

Escape-from-New-York-Regular-682x1024.jpg

Escape-from-New-York-Variant-Edition-682x1024.jpg

Man, what a fiasco it was to get this thing. I thought Mondo was bad. Their site went down and they only announced that they were taking orders through email on Twitter. Luckily I decided to subscribe to them there before today and was able to get a Variant Print.

Interesting, I looked on the storefront and the archive. Nowhere to be found. What's up with that?

They only announced an email ordering process on their Twitter feed. They then closed it at 1:00 pm Central Time. They said if there are any left they will go up on the site later today or tomorrow.

They only announced an email ordering process on their Twitter feed. They then closed it at 1:00 pm Central Time. They said if there are any left they will go up on the site later today or tomorrow.

Sorry but thats just dumb.

Back