Amanda Todd

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You mention mental competence. That is the issue here. The ability of each individual to be mentally competent enough to handle each situation they deal with appropriately.
Each person has strengths and weaknesses. Each person has priorities based on same.
Indeed, the bullies were making immature decisions, but that makes them no less guilty IMO.

I certainly think that her being put into the position of contemplating suicide due to bullying is pitiable. The girl was really overwhelmed, without adequate support to help her. That is pitiable. From where does this strength to not commit suicide come from in the absence of an adequate support structure and in the midst of such severe harassment and bullying?

Clearly, this was a girl desperate for meaningful connection with others, perhaps due in part to her weak family emotional support, as suggested by the parents living apart.
That is why she went on the computer to chat.
That is why she was willing to show her boobs.
That is why she was pressured into giving as how to her blackmailer. That is why she was willing to have sex with the guy who only wanted sex, who later betrayed her.
That is why she didn't press charges after she got beat up.
That is why she wanted to avoid all conflict, by constantly moving. That should have been a red flag, by the way. All that need to move indicates someone who wants to run away from her problems.
Suicide is the last step in taking that approach.
She did drugs and alcohol and the cutting for the same reason. I believe the drugs are what really made her far weaker.

I believe she tried, but help was inadequate.

I agree. But in the end she made the decision to kill herself. It was still her choice. The mental competence I reference is the ability to know that the decision she is about to make would end her life and she would cease to exist. If she was an active participant in her own death. For all we know she could have accidently overdosed on drugs that she was using and it's falsely being attributed to suicide because she failed once before.

I don't know. Maybe it's because of my field of work, maybe it's because I support assisted suicide, maybe it's because I've had friends kill themselves, maybe it's because I've seen struggle and gone through struggle, maybe it's all, or none of the above, but bottom line is I'll never pity anyone who is mentally capable of making the decision to kill themselves.

Not to sound insensitive, but I dont get it. Kids were bullied when we were kids, I would have never though about making a video, or killing myself.

Sorry to say but we have raised a generation of babies with tissue paper think skin and no back bone.

You know, I think that not enough playing outside makes children weaker. Children used to play outside a lot, and now, it's indoors on the computer and video games. I think it breeds psychologically weaker children as well as them weaker physically.

I know a woman on Facebook that is very involved in childhood cancer and some of the cancer kids have Facebook pages. You wouldn't believe how some idiots make bully pages against these kids. She showed me some and they're awful!

I wouldn't care if Facebook disappeared completely even if I do use it from time to time.

You know, I think that not enough playing outside makes children weaker. Children used to play outside a lot, and now, it's indoors on the computer and video games. I think it breeds psychologically weaker children as well as them weaker physically.

As well as trying to take gym out of schools, and giving rewards and trophies for just participating in sports, hell "Upward" sports in general where you don't even keep score or play to win. Everyone's kid is special and everyone should get playing time etc. etc. etc. Bull ****ing ****.

I know a woman on Facebook that is very involved in childhood cancer and some of the cancer kids have Facebook pages. You wouldn't believe how some idiots make bully pages against these kids. She showed me some and they're awful!

I wouldn't care if Facebook disappeared completely even if I do use it from time to time.

You can get rid of your Facebook account. Why didn't this girl try that? Even if the image and bullying existed she'd not see it or even know about it any longer. She could easily have removed herself from the whole cyber bullying aspect. The in person bullying if it existed outside of the one beatdown (which, can you even call cheating with a guy and his girlfriend beating your ass for it bullying?) would be the harder part to avoid.

When we were kids, there wasn't all this "social" media and believe me, kids weren't near as cruel as they are now.

We have 5 year olds calling other kids ********g c***s at our school.

The thing I hear the kids I teach say to each other on a daily basis would make most people blush.

Working with kids everyday and seeing what they do to each other compared to how it was not that many years ago when I was a kids is striking. Kids today are ruthless in their own way and even more so depending on where they grow up at. Then you factor in social media and the internet which only makes things 1k times worse. I can't help but think anyone who doesn't feel pity for a child that kills themselves is a pretty sad individual.

Last edited:
I don't think bullying is any worse, I think kids are more sensitive and parents are more coddling. The internet provides a larger audience and makes occurences more easily accessible. The voice projecting in the megaphone is louder but it's still the same voice.

I don't think bullying is any worse, I think kids are more sensitive and parents are more coddling. The internet provides a larger audience and makes occurences more easily accessible. The voice projecting in the megaphone is louder but it's still the same voice.

I don't think it is either, the only thing that's changed is the year :lol

The only thing the Internet allows is the faceless bully. But why would you get that upset about something someone said about you online. I know we all have got into it with people here but never was omg I am goinging to kill myself because of what someone called me on the board.

she didn't send pics I think, she flashed for a webcam and they took a screen shot, I mean I think that's what happened.

Apparently she played with herself infront of the camera to.

Really? You got the link to where it is that you read this? Yahoo doesnt really say awhole lot other then the pic she took and the link to her video.

It wasnt an article but a meme type thing saying all the things she did and how she wasnt a good person and stuff like that. it was on tumblr.

It wasnt an article but a meme type thing saying all the things she did and how she wasnt a good person and stuff like that. it was on tumblr.

That's the **** the bullies were posting. Don't believe it.

Not to sound insensitive, but I dont get it. Kids were bullied when we were kids, I would have never though about making a video, or killing myself.

Sorry to say but we have raised a generation of babies with tissue paper think skin and no back bone.

no we are not raising a generation of babies, it is the opposite, kids are becoming more ruthless,
I ask again, what is the meaning of bullying? seems like some of you guys think bullying is only name calling, but kids get beat up, harassed, they get death threats to their houses, plus you have to add the internet bullying to that,
name calling is pretty stupid, but bullying today is more than than, is physical harm, death threats, being humiliated every day,

closing facebook wouldn't do anything when you have 4chan, or anonymous, most of these memes are born there, not on facebook, facebook is so lame nothing really goes on there like this, all these people that get together to make fun and create the memes are on those other websites I mentioned.
also even if you closed facebook those people are still going to go online, to other websites, like the Sideshow freaks forums :lol

It is alot worse. Believe me and it starts alot younger now. It also depends on where you live too.

And this isn't just about cyber bullying. It carries itself into school too. More people know about it.

It's not just "you have cooties" or "your mama's so fat" anymore.

It is alot worse. Believe me and it starts alot younger now. It also depends on where you live too.

And this isn't just about cyber bullying. It carries itself into school too. More people know about it.

110% dead on. :goodpost::exactly::lecture

More than likely a demographic thing. I can promise you here in Atlanta it's no worse, and it was never as innocent as having cooties. It usually revolved around ass beatings and "whorish mothers." The things that have changed around here are the willingness to jump straight to lethal punishment and the ability to capture the moments for the world to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back