General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait a minute. I have little feelings, which are hurt. AND I'm a champ.

How is this possible. Are you joking again?..

I agree money is involved, but he makes plenty of that, more so off the court..

Via Brian Windhorst..

the short deals keep his team under pressure to continue spending on talent around him. With the chance to become a free agent every year, James will constantly have the ability to exert maximum influence around the team.

with a buffoon owner, this is very smart.

-Know it all Noob

If there's any source I trust to be right on Lebron it's Windy

He may sign short term deals for the rest of his career, but there's very little chance he signs with any other team. I don't think he wants to deal with the backlash again, plus his wife would kill him :)

Guaranteed.....wow. I guess I devalue Love more than I thought. Lebron is the only proven commodity on the team neither Irving nor Love has proven the ability to lead their teams anywhere but to the lottery. I give Irving a little slack (23) but Love (25) been around awhile and done nothing. It's hard to believe the stats when your on a sucky team mostly playing garbage time.

Both are really nice players and be great complements to James but even I don't expect all that you predict. Tho it would be nice...I suppose I look at having three max players hampering our flexibility to build championship team and unlike most I don't think James, Irving and Love guarantee championship any more than James, Irving, Wiggins, Bennett...one gives us options while keeping future open the other says this is it win or lose.

Wow, yeah I guess you've never seen Love play. Kid is a top 5-player in the NBA easy and yeah he (and Irving) may have never "done anything" as you would say but in the NBA you need a complete team to be a true contender. Just look at recent NBA history and there's a lot of guys who never "done anything" but when put in the right situation went on to win titles (KG, Pierce, Bosh, Pau Gasol) are just some of the guys that come to mind. Plus Love plays in the West which 10x more difficult than playing in the East. And let's face it, Bennett sucks, so saying the giving up 2 #1's is being a little dramatic without the proper context. And who knows how good Wiggins really is. There's been plenty of NBA #1 that flame out.

Personally I'm of the mindset that you win now esp. when the future is not a guarantee. Irving is a huge health risk, you know this. If Wiggins busts how long do you think LeBron is gonna put up with that until he bails? Cleveland needs to impress LeBron right now. Not tomorrow, not next year, right now. Remember this is a guy who just walked away from a team that reached the Finals 4 straight years. He's not exactly the wait and see kind of guy.

I agree he's there to stay. With opt out options to keep the letter writer in check

-newb

Wait a minute. I have little feelings, which are hurt. AND I'm a champ.

How is this possible. Are you joking again?..

Always having fun/ good time champ.....this is a forum for discussion. Getting all emotional is like talking to a girl about things they have no interest in....roll with it and enjoy no harm meant all sacarasm.

I wonder if Minn is really going to try and hold out for a better deal. I don't think the Cavs want to string this out for a long time and GS already has some good chemistry as a unit, so it might be wise to let Thompson and Curry grow together. Adding Love makes Cle title contenders right away and probably seals Allen going to Cle too. I was gonna say Cle prolly can't beat anyone from the West in the first year, but forgot Boston did it in their first year as a group.

Wow, yeah I guess you've never seen Love play. Kid is a top 5-player in the NBA easy and yeah he (and Irving) may have never "done anything" as you would say but in the NBA you need a complete team to be a true contender. Just look at recent NBA history and there's a lot of guys who never "done anything" but when put in the right situation went on to win titles (KG, Pierce, Bosh, Pau Gasol) are just some of the guys that come to mind. Plus Love plays in the West which 10x more difficult than playing in the East. And let's face it, Bennett sucks, so saying the giving up 2 #1's is being a little dramatic without the proper context. And who knows how good Wiggins really is. There's been plenty of NBA #1 that flame out.

Personally I'm of the mindset that you win now esp. when the future is not a guarantee. Irving is a huge health risk, you know this. If Wiggins busts how long do you think LeBron is gonna put up with that until he bails? Cleveland needs to impress LeBron right now. Not tomorrow, not next year, right now. Remember this is a guy who just walked away from a team that reached the Finals 4 straight years. He's not exactly the wait and see kind of guy.

I don't consider Love top 5 talent, I doubt the league does either or we would see more movement. Why wouldn't GS give up Lee and Thompson for a sure fire top 5 talent seems like a no brainer. I don't buy it

I get it James is about now and Gilbert will make the deal to appease him. I haven't questioned Love's talent or his ability to make the team better with his offensive skill set, I don't like everything the Cavs are willing to part with to make it happen. :dunno

I don't consider Love top 5 talent, I doubt the league does either or we would see more movement. Why wouldn't GS give up Lee and Thompson for a sure fire top 5 talent seems like a no brainer. I don't buy it

I get it James is about now and Gilbert will make the deal to appease him. I haven't questioned Love's talent or his ability to make the team better with his offensive skill set, I don't like everything the Cavs are willing to part with to make it happen. :dunno

Who would be (at least) the 5 you would put ahead of Love? KD, LeBron, maaaaybe an argument for CP3 and ??? But what do I know? Hollinger's PER rankings for the 2013-14 NBA season had Love at #3 most valuable: https://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics

I haven't heard the Wolves asking for Lee and Thompson but the reason teams are reluctant to yield any significant talent at this time is because they are trying to put pressure on Minnesota because they know the clock is ticking and they think they'll fold under the pressure.

I mean, whatever, if CLE thinks Kyrie Irving, who can't stay healthy for a full season and an unproven rookie is enough to contend for a title more power to 'em, it doesn't matter to me either way. I just think it's sorta pathetic they would be playing this game by having their cake and eating it to which could result in possibly losing out on Love.

But hey, we all know this isn't the first time CLE has screwed the pooch so I guess I should use to by it now.

I haven't heard the Wolves asking for Lee and Thompson but the reason teams are reluctant to yield any significant talent at this time is because they are trying to put pressure on Minnesota because they know the clock is ticking and they think they'll fold under the pressure. .

Wolves been asking for Thompson since the beginning while GS is offering Barnes (and Lee) combo.

I quoted the piece above which has been my point. I think with patience Love could have been obtained at lesser cost. Anyway, Cle held out both Wiggins and Bennett from summer league game Friday so I have a feeling it's going down. I'll embrace Love and cheer for him to help the team be successful and watch with interest what Gilbert does to surround three max players with enough talent to compete for a championship.

Last edited:
Who would be (at least) the 5 you would put ahead of Love? KD, LeBron, maaaaybe an argument for CP3 and ??? But what do I know? Hollinger's PER rankings for the 2013-14 NBA season had Love at #3 most valuable: https://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics

I haven't heard the Wolves asking for Lee and Thompson but the reason teams are reluctant to yield any significant talent at this time is because they are trying to put pressure on Minnesota because they know the clock is ticking and they think they'll fold under the pressure.

I mean, whatever, if CLE thinks Kyrie Irving, who can't stay healthy for a full season and an unproven rookie is enough to contend for a title more power to 'em, it doesn't matter to me either way. I just think it's sorta pathetic they would be playing this game by having their cake and eating it to which could result in possibly losing out on Love.

But hey, we all know this isn't the first time CLE has screwed the pooch so I guess I should use to by it now.

Ahhh, a refreshing dose of common sense. It's like a bizarro world in here.

Always having fun/ good time champ.....this is a forum for discussion. Getting all emotional is like talking to a girl about things they have no interest in....roll with it and enjoy no harm meant all sacarasm.

Thanks for setting me straight and showing me the ropes.

-champ

That's a good point meat. Irving could be a defensive liability. Still he is pretty damn dynamic and talented so I don't see him getting moved unless this season is a complete disaster. Waiters is much more of an immediate chemistry issue. I think Bennett will actually thrive with Lebron. So interesting how this will all pan out.

Bledsoe is a good PG, and with him and the Suns far apart in contract negotiations, could possibly be had. I think with all the cap room the Rockets have left, this may be a way to salvage what seems to be a bad offseason for the Rockets where they swung for the fences and struck out. While they shouldn't start together, Houston could unleash a frenetic pressing backcourt of Patrick Beverly and Eric Bledsoe.

Last edited:

Love is is without a doubt the best at his position in the league, but the argument about him being top 5 is highly debatable. His PER ranking, just like his stats, are elevated by the below average team around him. His PER ranking will drop this upcoming season If he gets traded.

Love is is without a doubt the best at his position in the league, but the argument about him being top 5 is highly debatable. His PER ranking, just like his stats, are elevated by the below average team around him. His PER ranking will drop this upcoming season If he gets traded.

Well duh :dunno

You take any primary star that was the focal point of a team and put him on another team loaded with stars, their stats are going to be affected. In particular, with Love going from an alpha role to a beta role, I imagine he will experience a similar statistical hit that Bosh did.

As far as claiming that his PER/stats were inflated, I would make the argument that it can be even more difficult to put up hall of fame stats on a team full of scrubs as opponents are going to hone in on you and make it even more difficult for you to be effective. Teams can cheat on defense a little more and double- and triple-team you knowing that your teammates stink.

But if you don't think Love is a top 5 player who would you all put ahead of him?

Last edited:
dunno, everyone says he's not top 5 (even though stats say otherwise) but no one has stepped up and thrown out 5 better players :dunno

Back