General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rose was in the discussion IMO before he tore the ACL. He's not now and has to play well to earn a spot back.

To be fair, I said a healthy Rose. Neither he nor Bryant statistically last couple years would make said list. But the work they have done, their ability to lead and take over a game when healthy is undeniable.

You value stats, I look at a more complete package. Another who agreed with me (gasp) even acknowledged the fact stats can be inflated during garbage time. soooooo my point is you have a different criteria than I do when valuing a player??? It isn't too difficult to figure out.

You can't even follow your own logic. Carmelo's Knicks had worse record than Love's Twolves yet Love has better overall stats than Carmelo.

To be fair, I said a healthy Rose. Neither he nor Bryant statistically last couple years would make said list. But the work they have done, their ability to lead and take over a game when healthy is undeniable.

I know. I was just commenting from a Bulls fan pov.

And I backed it up with empirical cold hard facts employed by one of the most respected journalists, posted on the premier sports network. And a few others here agreed with me. Guess you're LOL'ing at them too? So your point?

It proves my point. Everybody's top 5 are almost guaranteed to have Lebron and Durant 1 & 2. The rest of the list is subjective.

You can't even follow your own logic. Carmelo's Knicks had worse record than Love's Twolves.

I follow my logic just fine thanks. If I were to judge a player each year versus their body of work then my logic wouldn't flow. As I stated, I look at the complete package....based on your logic year to year stats Tim Duncan and Tristan Thompson are equals :yess:

I follow my logic just fine thanks. If I were to judge a player each year versus their body of work then my logic wouldn't flow. As I stated, I look at the complete package....based on your logic year to year stats Tim Duncan and Tristan Thompson are equals :yess:

Not really since I was using PER as a baseline and TT's PER is nowhere near Duncan's :slap. Care to try again?

lmao Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Rose and Kobe...ooookay fellas :cuckoo:

Yup, they don't belong in the Convo.. Howard has no skill set. Good rebounder and a dumb shot blocker as in he'll go for everything, even on the way down. Thats about it. His offensive game stinks, same with his attitude.

Yup, they don't belong in the Convo

In their prime Howard/Kobe/Rose yes but not this past year or two, they don't. Other people can play the "if" game if it makes them sleep better at night but those guys haven't been relevant in a long time.

Not really since I was using PER as a baseline and TT's PER is nowhere near Duncan's :slap. Care to try again?

I don't rely on a sportscaster rating system but ok....you like it and base player value accordingly. Why didn't Cousins make your top 5? Even better, your a Spur fan and they don't have a player in the top 20 according to PER. Maybe they should trade Leonard or Parker for Love. :lol

You're really not this thick are you?

Because I don't agree with your opinion doesn't make me thick. I think a player is more than stats, sooooo you can throw stats at me all day unless they have what I deem as substance to support it, I won't buy it. If that makes me thick, Yup. :wink1:

Similarly I won't change my belief Cle shouldn't deal the rumored package for Love at this time. I feel the pressure is on Minn to make a deal and I am ok with waiting. It isn't I wouldn't want nor welcome Love to the team, I don't agree with the package offered and timing. At same time, Cle miss out on Love deal I am ok to start the season with the lineup so far. People disagree with me, no worries but doesn't mean I am changing my mind. If that makes me thick then I am thick.....

Bro did you watch the last four seasons?! The Heat had a modern era reconrd win percentage over the playoffs for four seasons and won two finals.

meat....you write more then I care to BUT tons of good points. I said all along we could get cheaper / poor man Love so we could build around James. We get three max players they don't gel then we are stuck. We wait.....we keep what we have then we have flexibility to add the right pieces. I didn't however mention anything about a rim defender but your absolutely right. Andy and Tristan not going to get it done.

Bro did you watch the last four seasons?! The Heat had a modern era reconrd win percentage over the playoffs for four seasons and won two finals.

Yet we aren't comparing apples to apples. heat big three to start had a finals champion / finals MVP, along with another player who went to the finals and the other who been to the playoffs. The had an idea how to get it done, it was a matter of getting on the same page.

I am not saying Cle proposed big three couldn't get to that level but we have best player on the planet and two young really good players who still need to learn how to get it done and get on same page. IMO this doesn't equate to guarantee championships but should propel them to contention at the least. Folks already stating (without Love) we are at this level, why jump the gun? Adding Love with dumbass owner means if it doesn't work we are stuck...we wait we have options IMO.

Sorry I don't buy the Cavs being elite with their current roster. By default, being in the East they will be competitive, but Kyrie constantly gets hurt every year and you can't pin your hopes on an unproven rookie. History has shown that having LeBron on his own does not make his team elite. He needs proven talent around him to reach that elite status. I like Pacers and Bulls this year a lot more than the Cavs, as their roster stands. Cavs will be lucky to reach 50 wins this year.

Sorry I don't buy the Cavs being elite with their current roster. By default, being in the East they will be competitive, but Kyrie constantly gets hurt every year and you can't pin your hopes on an unproven rookie. History has shown that having LeBron on his own does not make his team elite. He needs proven talent around him to reach that elite status. I like Pacers and Bulls this year a lot more than the Cavs, as their roster stands.

Finally we agree on something :yess: I don't buy the Cavs being elite yet but the team hasn't played a game to determine any type of chemistry or team needs. We have a lot of young players and a new coach. Love isn't going anywhere unless Cavs sweeten their offer before trade deadline. My thought is before getting tied up in three max contracts let them play see what we need. If we need Love then by all means trade for him... In addition, it may not be common thought but if we could trade Irving (injury history, lack of leadership and defense) for Love and a solid PG (Bledsoe) and keep Wiggins I wouldn't be opposed.

Health is always key.

I do love the shake up LeBron created. I think any team with him on it, in the east is worth 55 wins. The heat (fans) were incredibly annoying. Big down grade over there.The question is which west team gets to beat up on the east this year. bulls look to be pretty good, but there's that health thing, right? Where would you guys put a healthy bulls team if they played in the west. 3-5 seed? Who replaced "born ready" in Indiana? They've been exposed to be mental anyway.. a sacrificial lamb to the west.

Again I think the Lakers are getting a kick out of making Dan Gilbert pay Byron Scott's salary until they announce his hiring. Really funny. The rumor over there now is randle worth sacrificing for Bledsoe. To me, it's Bledsoe proven > than unproven. (Kinda like Wiggins and love)

I love meats posts, they make me want to grab a blanket, curl up by the fire and read it. His description of love's beauty marks and warts screamed to me "good white player"

The things that love lacks could be made up for with a athletic, rim protector (like a Dwight Howard , if he were only right between the ears) (which he's not) #cancer Dwight will become the new "Kobe Bryant" no one will want to play for him. Not because he's tough on his teammates however, more so because he's stupid. The rockets blessing may indeed be a curse. Did you hear his remarks about Parsons? The guy is a jerk.

How bout them Celtics? Do we bore you? Rookie of the year?... Hello?.

Coach K Explains Why The Cavaliers Should Trade Andrew Wiggins For the "not top 5 player" Kevin Love
Duke and U.S. national team coach Mike Krzyzewski told CBS Radio that he would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love if he ran the Cleveland Cavaliers, and there wouldn't be "one second of hesitancy."

His explanation has two parts: 1) Kevin Love is an exceptional player with a unique skill set, and 2) LeBron James is getting older and the Cavs can't afford to waste entire seasons waiting for their young guys to develop.

Kevin Love is really, really good:

“I think there’s absolutely not one second of hesitancy, I’d trade for Kevin Love. That’s not saying anything about any of the other (players involved in the deal). Love’s an All-Star. He’s a double-double guy, but he’s a double-double guy that can spread the court. There aren’t many double-double guys, if any, who spread the court. He can go inside and outside. There may be a low-post player that gets you a double-double, but Love does it and you can do a lot of different things with him. I mean, I’ve coached him on two teams. No pun intended, but I love Kevin Love."

LeBron James is getting older:

"You look at LeBron and you have the best player in the world. He’s 29. I’m not saying he’s at the end of his career, but he’s in the second half of his career, let’s put it that way. And in the first half of his career, he was becoming a great player. He was a great talent becoming a great player. That takes time. If Wiggins or Bennett are going to be great, it’s not going to happen right now. They’re great talents. LeBron is a great player right now. You do not want to waste any year of a great player’s career. Love is close to being that. He's not as great a player as LeBron but he's there. You know who Love is right now. They're always developing but he's a consistent outstanding player."

The Wiggins-Love trade debate has been the dominant NBA talking point over the last few weeks. The Cavaliers had originally said they wouldn't trade Wiggins, but changed their tune last week.

While Love is a great player, trading for him carries some risks. Right now Cleveland has the ability to keep LeBron, Kyrie Irving, and Wiggins and still have room to sign a maximum free agent in the summer of 2015 — when LaMarcus Aldridge, Marc Gasol, and may even Love will be available. Trading for Love would end that roster flexibility.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/coach-k-explains-why-cavaliers-125957605.html

Back