General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cleveland could wait for Love to hit free agency in a year, but that's a huge risk. No way does Minny allow an asset like Love walk without getting anything in return.

Plenty of teams have let their stars walk, Shaq to LA and LeBron to Mia come to mind...it could very well happen

Not entirely true. Orlando thought they had a chance to resign Shaq and lost out. Lebron actually went to Miami with a sign and trade. Love has already said he will enter free agency...and barring huge move by Flip Saunders, Love will leave. He's never made it to the playoffs in the loaded West

But you're right, of course, it could happen, but Minny would be stupid to lose Kevin Love without getting anything in return.

The LeBron sign and trade was for worthless draft picks and Orl let Shaq walk regardless of what they "thought" (who knows what really happened behind closed doors) so all I was saying is, it has happened before and to not be surprised if it happens again. Didn't say it was smart but it can certainly happen. Only time will tell what happens to Love as the pups become more desperate and other teams salivate even more to land a game changer like Love.

Personally I don't think anything happens with Love until next year's trade deadline.

Like I said, I'm here to stay. Too bad you can't talk about my basketball points and just go straight to personally attacking me. You've been trolling me for over a year now, and I'm still here.

Lando Calrissian!

:lol

Thats the best post you've ever written (and the only one i've ever read top to bottom). :thumbsup:

Mike Miller signs with the Cavs...and Wade re-signs with the Heat (which was a given) for two years.

I think its in Minnesotas best interests to trade Love. They could let him walk and just open up cap space but who wants to play in Minnesota willingly? :lol

idk, it doesn't look like Love is gonna get traded this year then. The Warriors still refuse to send Thompson and the Cavs refuse to give up Wiggins. Minn isn't gonna get any all star players in return, they should just accept that and at least take Waiters, Bennett and one or two 1st rd picks. I think they want to send Martin out in the same deal. Would be ironic if Boozer went back to Cle.

Mike Miller signs with the Cavs...and Wade re-signs with the Heat (which was a given) for two years.

still no word from Allen is odd.

I think allen likely retires. He doesn't want to go to cleveland i think. I actually would think the odds are better he plays for doc rivers in LA.

ithey should just accept that and at least take Waiters, Bennett and one or two 1st rd picks. I think they want to send Martin out in the same deal. Would be ironic if Boozer went back to Cle.

still no word from Allen is odd.

:goodpost: I know we are young but I am interested in watching Cle lineup this year by adding a few vets like Boozer. Bennett be looking good in summer league. BUT if we have to get Love, I'd rather part with Bennett and Waiters then Wiggins. Question whether Waiters will take back up role

East will be wide open this year. Lebron and Stephenson moving brought the heat and pacers into the pack. Still don't trust Derrick Rose to be what he was. Ever quit a hobby or video game for two years? Takes a while to redevelop skill sets. I think the cavs would be a clear front runner if they got Love. I don't understand the reluctance to trade wiggins. Yeah he seems to be a great prospect but he's three years at least from becoming a star. In three years Lebron will be 33. Officially past statistical prime years. He will be relying more on jump shooting and post game and therefore be a little more guardable. He will still be a beast of course. But the gap will have shrunk. It's not like love is old. He's 25! His game isn't a youth/athleticism game either. He will age well.

East will be wide open this year. Lebron and Stephenson moving brought the heat and pacers into the pack. Still don't trust Derrick Rose to be what he was. Ever quit a hobby or video game for two years? Takes a while to redevelop skill sets. I think the cavs would be a clear front runner if they got Love. I don't understand the reluctance to trade wiggins. Yeah he seems to be a great prospect but he's three years at least from becoming a star. In three years Lebron will be 33. Officially past statistical prime years. He will be relying more on jump shooting and post game and therefore be a little more guardable. He will still be a beast of course. But the gap will have shrunk. It's not like love is old. He's 25! His game isn't a youth/athleticism game either. He will age well.

I agree the east is wide open, and I won't sleep on the Wizards. They have very good guard play and solid bigs.

The East did become a little more wide open. A lot for Chicago hinges on Rose and if two freak knee injuries will be the beginning if the end or just a paragraph in his story. If it's the matter I don't think there is any reason to think Chicago isn't the most likely top dog in the east.

Do you trust thib to not run his oft-injured PG and center and aging new signee into the ground? He's not great at managing minutes. The bulls still lack shooting int the way the heat lack inside presence. A lot hinges on McDermott coming in strong

Back