Big Chief Studios BBC Sherlock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
65F3C17B-00D1-474E-9656-C1BD0577629A_zpse2cxurjb.jpg

I think they both look great. Hopefully the full production run can meet the quality of the samples ...

Kinda disappointed with the sculpt. Looks like a lot of details were lost from proto to production.

What like? I can't see it myself but it would be interesting to know.

Overall these are great. There are very few sculpts that satisfy everything you want - terrific likeness, texturing, expression - and even fewer that everyone agrees on. Until I get Sherlock in hand it's hard to say, but the bottom line is that each figure looks like the actor, especially Sherlock, and while I could wish for slightly more expression in the sculpt, that's always risky and polarising, and you can't argue with a figure that looks like the actor its meant to portray (imagine if they looked nothing like them and how we'd feel then!). I think the paint job is great and its nice they've dialled down the stubble, but I'd like to see slightly more detail in the eye work which currently looks a tad cartoony. I'd also say each face could do with a tiny, tiny bit of red around the cheeks, the faces are a touch beige, but that doesn't mean I want them looking bright orange or with oriental skin tone! I also hope the hairpiece at the front is fixed down firmly with no line between that and the forehead.

But yeah, considering these aren't even the final pieces these look great and as a fan of the show are exactly what I want. Roll on May/ June.

I'm not feeling the paint on these from the pics shown so far - it's as though they were cast out of soft flesh-coloured vinyl. I'm sure better pics will show otherwise though.

I'm not feeling the paint on these from the pics shown so far - it's as though they were cast out of soft flesh-coloured vinyl. I'm sure better pics will show otherwise though.

I know what you mean, I thought the Tennant paint job was excellent except for the 5 o' clock shadow and I'm hoping for that minus the stubble, not to shallow, not too tanned/ dark.

EDIT: Just had a look on FB and Greggo has said that the skin tone WILL match Ten's. Hooray!

Last edited:
BC said in an email to someone on FB:
"We are working on the basis that we will be shipping them out to customers mid to late June."
Brilliant!

Huh?

As for the heads, I'd love to see BC sell heads and bodies separately for those of us who want to make customs.

i think bates82 is referring to people making bootleg vers of them via making casts of the BCS sculpts etc. which will never be as good as the the original BCS vers. i wouldn't even think of buying one, regardless of how good. got alot of respect for BCS and will alwys support them directly.

def would like to see them offer bods for sure. all mine are floppy at the upper thigh swivel. only leg that isnt is my 11th's right leg. :p

I think I saw Toy Anxiety parting out a few 11 Doctors a while ago.
I'm sure they'll probably do the same here.

I think I saw Toy Anxiety parting out a few 11 Doctors a while ago.
I'm sure they'll probably do the same here.

11th was sold via wholesale. BCS only sells direct now, it's highly unlikely TA will get any unless they get them in a trade.

Back