Premium Format Article: Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Has the sculptor on this piece been announced yet?

according to my sources Tim Miller and Tony Cipriano

So far I am not impressed with the Saturday morning soccer moms 90's Pony Tail version but will revel final judgement until a full preview,

I think the original Jim Lee costume featured her with long hair is what I Want and Love

390408_640px.jpg

I agree this needs to be the COH!
QUOTE=Colossus;6708313]according to my sources Tim Miller and Tony Cipriano

So far I am not impressed with the Saturday morning soccer moms 90's Pony Tail version but will revel final judgement until a full preview,

I think the original Jim Lee costume featured her with long hair is what I Want and Love

390408_640px.jpg
[/QUOTE]

according to my sources Tim Miller and Tony Cipriano

390408_640px.jpg

Hopefully, everyone gets a sexy big haired 90's Jean portrait. I agree that the ponytail head sculpt we have seen isn't doing much for the piece.

Why is it so difficult to make an attractive female portrait for the Marvel Series?

I mean, did Marvel REALLY approve this Jean Portrait? I find that hard to believe that they would allow Jean to look like a dude with a mullet ...

When has she ever looked like a dude with a mullet in comics?

It's such an odd choice for a portrait head especially if that remains the REGULAR EDITION. The EX I can imagine has pupils and irisis'

news_3001731.jpg

4 year long wait for this?

REALLY?

----

I think they have their art direction confused. The Red Sonja PF Portrait looks more like Jean...

lee20.jpg

130842d1380739335-red-sonja-victorious-premium-format-figure-1redsonjapff3.jpg

---

Obvious switchout hairstyles and portraits should've been

deojean.jpg

and a traditional

jean_grey_by_bobhertley-d741y0a.png

Is it really THAT hard to make an attractive X-MEN PF ? [from the Jim Lee line]

Of course it doesn't make one bit of difference when the production pieces look nothing like what was originally advertised so maybe it won't look so fugly in person.

This has it's own place in the statue world but to me it looks like a big Bowen statue. Not saying Bowen is bad. But the Bowen and sideshow are two different style beast in the market in my opinion. If we get Mark Newman off the Dead series, Steve, miller and even tony then we would be talking about a entirely new thing right now. But hey who knows? Maybe the full pics will blow us all away.

Why is it so difficult to make an attractive female portrait for the Marvel Series?

I mean, did Marvel REALLY approve this Jean Portrait? I find that hard to believe that they would allow Jean to look like a dude with a mullet ...

When has she ever looked like a dude with a mullet in comics?

It's such an odd choice for a portrait head especially if that remains the REGULAR EDITION. The EX I can imagine has pupils and irisis'

news_3001731.jpg

4 year long wait for this?

REALLY?

----

I think they have their art direction confused. The Red Sonja PF Portrait looks more like Jean...

lee20.jpg

130842d1380739335-red-sonja-victorious-premium-format-figure-1redsonjapff3.jpg

---

Obvious switchout hairstyles and portraits should've been

deojean.jpg

and a traditional

jean_grey_by_bobhertley-d741y0a.png

Is it really THAT hard to make an attractive X-MEN PF ? [from the Jim Lee line]

Of course it doesn't make one bit of difference when the production pieces look nothing like what was originally advertised so maybe it won't look so fugly in person.

Wow those pics of Jean looks so awesome!

I'm not worried. I'm sure the white power eyes are the ex and the regular portrait will b normal like the pics above

Igo from SS did say this was designed 4 years ago, although I'm not sure why it took so long to release it. I'm not worried about it until after I see the other portrait, odds are it will look similar to the picture above

Who cares when it was designed. They'll probably charge current prices for it anyway.

Looking at those art, seem so different than this Pf coming... They probably will have her on SDCC :dunno

This has it's own place in the statue world but to me it looks like a big Bowen statue. Not saying Bowen is bad. But the Bowen and sideshow are two different style beast in the market in my opinion. If we get Mark Newman off the Dead series, Steve, miller and even tony then we would be talking about a entirely new thing right now. But hey who knows? Maybe the full pics will blow us all away.

Dude, you just crack my @ss up. Do you even know who sculpted the Bowen Jean Grey? A guy by the name of Mark Newman. I gotta say based on the pics I've seen so far, BD's Jean Grey looks better. However, that can change after the full reveal. For better or worse. Oh, by the way, this PF is supposedly sculpted by Miller and Tony C. That's a lot of talent so there is no reason for this PF not turning out great.

Last edited:
Back