Premium Format Article: Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

I like it but I don't care for the ex head. Also if this were $400 I wouldn't look at it twice. Two bad they didn't sculpt some folds over the costume so it looked less flat and more like the art.

Where are the pupils? It looks weird with no pupils. Very rarely in the comics have her eyes been white, it's not normal.

And Jean head big hair but it looks a little extra on both portraits. The regular head looks better though but the hair on top looks weird. Other than that I love the actual pose from the waist up.

Not terrible but this was a missed opportunity to do something better... Rock base, simulate flying, something on the base like Juggernaut's helmet similar to Cyclops' base having Magneto's helmet. As a simple standing figure I'm not sure why this was so difficult.

I like this angle at the moment:

:clap :clap :clap :clap

The No pupils thing did happen mostly when she was Phoenix but as the picture I posted shows when using her powers it did happen. Why they chose to have both heads no pupils :dunno

Agreed. The EX without pupils and the regular with pupils, if I could choose. But I can't. :lol

The No pupils thing did happen mostly when she was Phoenix but as the picture I posted shows when using her powers it did happen. Why they chose to have both heads no pupils :dunno

Sideshow add pupils and I'll buy the reg :slap

Sideshow add pupils and I'll buy the reg :slap

:lol Oh I'm not buying her either way. I like the X-men but not $350-$400 per statue like them. I just came in to check it out. However I get what people are saying, especially since Storm came with both pupiled and unpupiled portraits...evidently so does Superman now ;)

:lol Oh I'm not buying her either way. I like the X-men but not $350-$400 per statue like them. I just came in to check it out. However I get what people are saying, especially since Storm came with both pupiled and unpupiled portraits...evidently so does Superman now ;)

I would like to have her in my collection, but there is too much wrong with this. It reminds me of the Emma Frost PF fiasco.

Jeez I'm started to doubt sideshow in buying directly from them anymore with these lazy exclusives.

I wonder if will see some last minute changes like they did with psylocke.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Jeez I'm started to doubt sideshow in buying directly from them anymore with these lazy exclusives.

I wonder if will see some last minute changes like they did with psylocke.

Superman had one as we'll. its hard to make this kind of purchase on the hope they fix it down the line though, and really sucks when you pass and they do end up making changes.

Superman had one as we'll. its hard to make this kind of purchase on the hope they fix it down the line though, and really sucks when you pass and they do end up making changes.

Aye I hear yah brother but the price point is good and the regular portrait looks amazing other then the no pupils issue.

It's hard to decide but I've scene quite amazing custom work done so that is option later on if I decide to go down that route.

I've been waiting for jean grey ever since I saw gambit so this is an order for me

Still can't believe how badly they messed up the entire X-MEN PF line.

I am using reward points on this. I would like to know what was scrapped from this project and who is responsible. At least that way I know for future reference

what and who I should support and who I should not.

The plus side is judging from the base size, there might be more X-Men Gold Team Members to redeem this atrocity.

IGO from SS said they went back and forth with Marvel a lot and had to make several changes before Marvel would approve it.... I wouldn't be surprised if SS original design was more like the artwork and Marvel overrode them and change her to what we see know. As easy as it is to blame SS, I think Marvel's meddling is to blame on this one.

Either way I already ordered Cyclops so I'll need her, to bad their bases won't match though :( This is a huge reason I rather just have clear bases vs all the random bases SS comes up with that don't match other characters in the same line.

She does have her Charms but for a anticipated piece the bar wasn't very high, I see what they where going for but something was lost from concept to completion, I would love to know what was being used as the basis for Jean Grey, I feel the EX could have been something else and you should have received both heads regardless and the Blue Paint could have been a little Darker, I will be getting her but the long hair version will be what I display and after the new has worn off, turn that Blue Down around the Royal Blue or just a shade or two lighter than that but then again she may just look perfect when I get her home, Now to make space :lol:lol:lol

Be Cool
Al

P.S. Nice Caboose

OK I take it back I got home to a Real Computer with a much Bigger Screen and Higher Pixels so I could preview the pic's and the Blue looks much better, she's growing on me :wink1:

Well. As a big X Men fan this is a must have for me. I get the complaints but I think she looks good and I like both head sculpts. Can't wait to display her next to cyclops and the rest of the team. I do wish we got a face with pupils looking softer and not as aggressive. Why two power eye portraits. Hmmmm

IGO from SS said they went back and forth with Marvel a lot and had to make several changes before Marvel would approve it.... I wouldn't be surprised if SS original design was more like the artwork and Marvel overrode them and change her to what we see know. As easy as it is to blame SS, I think Marvel's meddling is to blame on this one.

Either way I already ordered Cyclops so I'll need her, to bad their bases won't match though :( This is a huge reason I rather just have clear bases vs all the random bases SS comes up with that don't match other characters in the same line.

I've always been more of a fan of the Bases being more in tone with the character standing on them, that way even in the same line each characters base is their own. Much like what they're doing with the DC line.

I think they were inspired by this artwork, although had THAT been the concept art this PF would've been 100 times better.

I think they wanted to play it safe after the messed up Rogue so badly. 20% price increase, no googley eyes, or no eyes for that matter!

Brilliant.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Well. As a big X Men fan this is a must have for me. I get the complaints but I think she looks good and I like both head sculpts. Can't wait to display her next to cyclops and the rest of the team. I do wish we got a face with pupils looking softer and not as aggressive. Why two power eye portraits. Hmmmm

I happen to like the Power Eyes but the color would have to be right, like Meg Fosters Blue eyes or a Jade Green but other that I can take it or leave it

Back