Premium Format Article: Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Nothing wrong with Scarlet Witch's eyes. ( The rest of her is pretty hot too.)

DSC03049.JPG

Scarlet can't go wrong remember Mark Newman turns everything into a masterpiece. Why they don't use him to revise all the x-men I don't know. :( take him off the dead line and put him on the marvel lines to give it the boost it needs in my opinion. If Mark does it. Sales will be off the charts. Well know marvel characters = more sales then the dead line. With no eye balls I'm out. Something is just missing or this feels a bit old like from a few years back when PF were 300.00. Sorry not feeling this one. Congrats to all who buys it.

Last edited:

You know this statue has rocked a lot of people's foundations when talk of redoing the whole line comes as a topic of discussion.

If SS just use acrylic eyes, no more worry of googly eyes ever again...

As much as I love a lot of my SS pieces I'd sure love to see another company get a license to do 1/4 Marvel statues in America. Sorry XM, not importing. HCG can do 1/4 Marvel but it has to be the Marvel vs. Capcom 3 style. So far they've only done Dr. Doom and Deadpool in 1/4.

I'd love to see Spider-Man, Jean Grey, Extremis Iron Man, Silver Surfer and a few others in 1/4 from a different company. Hopefully one day...

I would like this too. Sideshow is just too concerned with doing this the Sideshow way. These characters just hinge so much on the comic artists' depictions that their usual ways just don't always cut it.

Many people want Jim Lee style X-men so someone really needs to hire Eric Sosa to do 1/4 statues. His Koto's blaze any other attempts. I like them over any of Sideshow's stuff especially some of their pajama versions.

Guess I'll have to keep rooting for Kotobukiya to keep making more as I will take epic sculpt over epic scale.

I think sideshow is hands down the best especially in the 1/4 scale game. And that's quality of statue period, not just marvel. But that's my opinion.

I also think this jean grey looks pretty cool and would look awesome with gambit.

The funny thing is this Jean Grey has people saying "the Marvel line" as if this particular lackluster reveal takes anything away from the recent pieces like Cap Allied Charge on Hydra, Apocalypse, Gladiator Hulk, New Red Skull, even Black Widow and Classic Punisher. Correction: The X-Men side of the Marvel license needs help.

And even then people are torn about which X-Men are good or bad, not in universal agreement. Whereas something like Gladiator Hulk where even most of those who don't want it think it looks great, the X-Men except Gambit and then Storm (and for her not even until after she was in hand) have all been half for half against. I and many others think the Wolverine PF and his PJs and Cyclops are just fine. Many think Rogue painted well looks fine, I think she was flawed from the start (that weird Regular head face!). Psylocke was probably the next best to Gambit at the time until she started to decay (but can someone please explain to me why she's on her tippy toes?!?). Colossus has just as many fans as those who hate his shirt... I think there's a few other real duds like Spider-Woman, who was a huge missed opportunity with that A base when she should have been dynamic on an environment to match Hawkeye, but many of the Marvel PFs lately have been looking pretty great. There's been multiple QC issues across multiple pieces but I categorize that as a different issue than the Design of the piece.

Personally I like my X Men collection a lot. The issue is everyone bashed the 1/5 items back in the "quarter scale or fail" days but I collected both lines and enjoyed the 1/5 line much more. I sold a few PF's and now my collection is split between the two and no one even notices.

Personally I like my X Men collection a lot. The issue is everyone bashed the 1/5 items back in the "quarter scale or fail" days but I collected both lines and enjoyed the 1/5 line much more. I sold a few PF's and now my collection is split between the two and no one even notices.

Which statues do you have in 1/4 and which in 1/5?

And a lot of you non-American collectors have went through headaches and hell with customs, taxes, tariffs, etc. I commend overseas collectors for the dedication but I don't want or need any of that if I don't have to. And thankful with SS and other companies being American based, I don't have to. SS and other companies are HERE in the US with A LOT of statues. XM is overseas and has like 4. It's just beneficial to us that we have more options here.

But Lol it's ok. It's not so much that Americans want everything on a silver platter. It's more so some Americans set up business and got to work to produce and distribute these things for sale HERE :). If it was the opposite and SS was in another country, it'd be the same for us who really love the sculpts and characters. Here's hoping nobody overseas makes a killer 1/4 Spidey I have to have!!!

Yes,I see your point

that's something I've been saying long time, sideshow assembles and paints their pieces in China, if production dept. were in American land production's cost will be more expensive and possibly the cost of a premium format would be the double

Platinum, Samuel, Platinum :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Adamantium :lol

Did Sideshow give up on painting pupils after the Rogue disaster?
Maybe they won't paint pupils just to give us a blank canvas so we can paint pupils as per our own preferences lol... damn you, Sideshow.

I'll wait to see Jean in person and if I'm not happy whatsoever I will just have her eyes repainted as I did to my Rogue.

Back