Premium Format Article: Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Only thing that worries me is where the paint goes from blue to yellow and vice versa, knowing the factories in China were probably going to end up with smudges all along the borders of where those two colors come together. Another words the transition from blue to yellow won't be smooth looking

As for the EX head I'll be tempted to have it customized to look more feminine and more in line with the art work.

Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Marvel pieces for Sideshow have become background noise in a concert of DC and Court of the Dead.

People love Jean Grey and the anticipation was high for this one. Sideshow showed up with something so underwhelming that whoever is collecting this line has certainly considered dumping the rest. Gambit PF is the clear keeper here but the others could all have been done better. That's a problem and Sideshow is just playing to people's OCD to stick and collect the set.

I agree the lack of consistency with the x-men line is almost over-whelming even the bases. I have had them all, and sold them, with the exception of Colossus (tempted but space limitations stopped me). Still MOST disappointed by Wolverine and his PJs. By May I will be down to 3 PFs - Gambit Ex, Storm Ex and a repainted/resculpted Rogue Ex. But your right not sure if the line has a similar importance to SS/they rely on OCD and the fans to drive it rather than the art.

However disagree with the point on marvel statues. Loads of great ones BUT they do seem to be ALL revisiting territory already covered........where truly GRAILS lurk eg Hulk, Doom, Thor, Cpt America....

they have however perhaps recognised that it gives todays collectors the character at a reasonable price

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

ehyzarat.jpg

yra5emep.jpg

]

These are the 2 pics and display angle saving this for me right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SS and their brown haired red heads... It's always annoying to me. Comics have these bright red headed ladies that SS for whatever reason keeps dulling out to brown. I guess they want to be more realistic about the red hair but it doesn't work. At least not for me.

SS and their brown haired red heads... It's always annoying to me. Comics have these bright red headed ladies that SS for whatever reason keeps dulling out to brown. I guess they want to be more realistic about the red hair but it doesn't work. At least not for me.

Meh, I get tired of all the red heads.

Meh, I get tired of all the red heads.

Ginger Haters :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Possible leg bending? The exc straight on shot, she looks like a man there :panic:

Okay well taking a cue from Rulk I tossed it into Photoshop and shrank the nostrils and tip of the nose and added Iris' and Pupils. Still don't really like the jaw line or cheek bones but I don't feel like completely changing it.

View attachment 104049

Good job on the photo shop. I don't think it can be salvaged.. it now looks like Derek Zoolander
DerekZoolanderFerrari.jpg

*shudders ... it can't be unseen!*

how the hell do these two cost the same amount?

16lmjj5.jpg
vs.
300173_Sf4233sb_press06.jpg

----

Can someone else take-over the Marvel license? yeesh.

The EX head is the one with the ponytail CBG... You know... The UGLY head. I think the Reg head looks pretty damn great.

Wow, I hope CBG wasn't serious that the EX head is nice....

I waited all this time, and she has no pupils, and the pose is just super awkward. The short haired head is just...no.

:slap:slap:slap:slap:slap

Last edited:

Even though the price is fair, I'm not loving this enough. Feels like something is missing on this. Maybe the eyes. At least one head should have eyeballs. I just always remember her with eyes. The sculpt is ok, but with no eyes on both heads I must pass. Congrats to all who orders her. I'm having a feeling this one will have a lower ES for the ex.

Wow, I hope CBG wasn't serious that the EX head is nice....

Lol yes the reg head is nice. Love the big hair but hate having no eyes. The ex head I don't love it. But it's a bonus part I guess most won't use.

Here's hoping SS reads all these comments and adds pupils to the regular head...

Good job on the photo shop. I don't think it can be salvaged.. it now looks like Derek Zoolander
DerekZoolanderFerrari.jpg

*shudders ... it can't be unseen!*

how the hell do these two cost the same amount?

16lmjj5.jpg
vs.
300173_Sf4233sb_press06.jpg

----

Can someone else take-over the Marvel license? yeesh.

They don't cost the same amount. Red Sonja $380 and Jean is $360.

the short haired head only looks good from the side... I actually threw up once I saw it front the front. :lol

The long haired head isn't that bad. Overall it's a good CLASSIC version of her.

Didn't her eyes always have no pupils (at least when she was using her powers)?

Back