Premium Format Article: Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Lol yes! Wait until sdcc we will get plenty more PO coming soon. I want to see with so many orders how people can keep buying so many new statues. Even if one can afford it all, good luck on space for both the statues and brown shippers. Sooner or later the bubble will burst. There's just no way to store or display everything. I can see at least 20 to 30 new PF coming this year. It can be a good thing for some and a bad thing for others.
But curious as to what the full jean will look like on the 17th.

Just imagine all the tissues collectors will need for their displays!

It is a but curious. Last year people were moaning a bit that they were abandoning PF's as there was a lull, this year they are literally throwing everything at us. The bad thing is, there are very few that are passes for me. They are just knocking out characters I need (well not need but want real bad) one right after the other. I mean, if you pass on someone now, it could be years before a revisit, if ever. That coupled with just how good many of these releases are...I need delays, lots and lots of delays!

It is a but curious. Last year people were moaning a bit that they were abandoning PF's as there was a lull, this year they are literally throwing everything at us. The bad thing is, there are very few that are passes for me. They are just knocking out characters I need (well not need but want real bad) one right after the other. I mean, if you pass on someone now, it could be years before a revisit, if ever. That coupled with just how good many of these releases are...I need delays, lots and lots of delays!

Cap, Thor, 4 Hulks, Spiderman, WonderWoman, Catwoman, heck throw in Superman and the upcoming Lobo and you have all the pieces I might have been able to swing if they had been spread out a bit more... And we haven't even hit SDCC.

Cap, Thor, 4 Hulks, Spiderman, WonderWoman, Catwoman, heck throw in Superman and the upcoming Lobo and you have all the pieces I might have been able to swing if they had been spread out a bit more... And we haven't even hit SDCC.

I had to immediately cross Lobo off my list. No way I can stretch that far. It's a blessing in disguise that the CR Superman is not to my tastes as I wouldn't have been able to pass otherwise.

Honestly, what else can they throw at us for SDCC? Wolverine in Brown costume? Flash, Aquaman, Batgirl, Phoenix...??? Plus we have a new Doom that has been teased and a new Vader on the horizon...One of the sculptors said they had a slew of things completed that they were not allowed to talk about yet. Oh yeah and apparently there is a Dare Devil PF coming up soon as well. :panic:

Thats why I am pretty sure I am going to pass on Jean. Important character, but I am going to have to be wowed on the reveal to justify it.

I had to immediately cross Lobo off my list. No way I can stretch that far. It's a blessing in disguise that the CR Superman is not to my tastes as I wouldn't have been able to pass otherwise.

Honestly, what else can they throw at us for SDCC? Wolverine in Brown costume? Flash, Aquaman, Batgirl, Phoenix...??? Plus we have a new Doom that has been teased and a new Vader on the horizon...One of the sculptors said they had a slew of things completed that they were not allowed to talk about yet. Oh yeah and apparently there is a Dare Devil PF coming up soon as well. :panic:

Thats why I am pretty sure I am going to pass on Jean. Important character, but I am going to have to be wowed on the reveal to justify it.

This year is going to be AWESOME! Hope they show some Jean pics today. Yesterday was a serious disappointment

Sent from the Bat Computer

Yep I canceled my Apocalypse wait list :l. . . have 9 pre orders. Plus adding Jean, Emma, Doom, Daredevil, and Gray Hulk day 1. Plus still gotta get regular versions of Batman and Superman.

doesn't SS normally post more pics and a price for the Statues on Tuesday? I think Jean is a Day one Buy ....... If I cancel my Apoc PO do they let you put that NRD towards another Statue?

doesn't SS normally post more pics and a price for the Statues on Tuesday? I think Jean is a Day one Buy ....... If I cancel my Apoc PO do they let you put that NRD towards another Statue?

You can do this ONE time. After that, SSC makes you eat the NRD.

Yep I canceled my Apocalypse wait list :l. . . have 9 pre orders. Plus adding Jean, Emma, Doom, Daredevil, and Gray Hulk day 1. Plus still gotta get regular versions of Batman and Superman.

You can wait on picking up the REG Bats and Supes. They'll be around for a long time. If you are a fan of Apocalypse, canceling your WL for the PF was a big mistake. Especially for the EX. Mark my words, the EX Apocalypse PF is going to be one hard statue to score in the near future. If he's a character that you can pass on, then you made the right call. He comes with a hefty price tag. For me personally, there is no way I could pass on Apocalypse. I have waited a long time for a PF of him. He and Magneto are my 2 favorite X-villains and are must have PFs in my SSC collection.

Well there are hopefully going to be newer collectors that are into different characters. who knows maybe they'll do an X-23 PF, a Kitty Pryde PF, there are numerous characters that are still unexplored that garner as much popularity as the big names. I think the focus is now on SS's original creations and they are being more artist/sculptor driven. Oh lest not forget a doctor strange PF - allegedly there is a movie coming out?!

I need a x-23 pf !! :p
But I'm really curious how Jean will look. I'm trying not to order anything. This year for now only the scott cambell line and cap & skull pf's. The new hulks are tempting, but I need my money. Just bought a house, need something to put all those statues in.

I need a x-23 pf !! :p
But I'm really curious how Jean will look. I'm trying not to order anything. This year for now only the scott cambell line and cap & skull pf's. The new hulks are tempting, but I need my money. Just bought a house, need something to put all those statues in.

Yes maybe these PF at sdcc?

X-23
Venom
Cable
X-force wolvie
Brown modern wolvie
Domino
Super girl
Batgirl
Jubilee
Juggernaught
WW hulk
Jim lee storm
Power girl
Magneto
Shan from Star Wars
Mara jade
New ventress
Padme
Jango fett
Star killer
Star girl
New comic capt America
Don't forget all the movie license, pcs motu line, SF, gentle giant, repaints like batman, etc.

Lol enough for collectors to buy for a long time! Completists better make space and get more money together! :lol

Last edited:

There's been previews on Wednesdays.

I don't like the exclusive head, but I dont' mind the long haired version. 359.99 isn't too shabby either, at least we're not always getting gouged. Kind of wish she wasn't leaning back.

I think the reg head (long haired version) looks fantastic. Wish she had pupils though. The EX head will never be displayed. EX ordered. :lecture

Back