Premium Format Article: Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Can someone else take-over the Marvel license? yeesh.

As much as I love a lot of my SS pieces I'd sure love to see another company get a license to do 1/4 Marvel statues in America. Sorry XM, not importing. HCG can do 1/4 Marvel but it has to be the Marvel vs. Capcom 3 style. So far they've only done Dr. Doom and Deadpool in 1/4.

I'd love to see Spider-Man, Jean Grey, Extremis Iron Man, Silver Surfer and a few others in 1/4 from a different company. Hopefully one day...

the short haired head only looks good from the side... I actually threw up once I saw it front the front. :lol

The long haired head isn't that bad. Overall it's a good CLASSIC version of her.

Didn't her eyes always have no pupils (at least when she was using her powers)?

I'll put it like this: Jean not having pupils is like Classic Superman not having the S on his cape or Cap not having the Star on his back. Do some artists let that happen? Yes. Is that the standard or normal way to go about it? Absolutely not.

But it can easily be verified, type "Jean Grey 90s" into an Internet search, click Images, and look at the pics of her in this costume. All but a small handful (even if that much) will have pupils.

Credit to demonhunter over at SF. This is what Jean Grey should look like...

tumblr_n44jcsbEWW1sbdxdbo1_1280.png

Is funny to see how a lot non-americans collectors, we bought pieces for years from SS and have paid taxes, tariffs etc...

and now when a appears a compañy like XM-studios with those amazing proyects you just scratch your pocket and say not importing....

Americans always want everything on a silver platter,that´s not fair :gah: :lol

Credit to demonhunter over at SF. This is what Jean Grey should look like...

tumblr_n44jcsbEWW1sbdxdbo1_1280.png

a simple detail that changes everything :clap

repainting eyes in 3,2,1...

Looks like Sideshow found an easy way to correct the lazy eyes issues!!!!! In any event , I am getting the EX, I will have one of them professionally painted so I can see her eyes :)

Is funny to see how a lot non-americans collectors, we bought pieces for years from SS and have paid taxes, tariffs etc...

and now when a appears a compañy like XM-studios with those amazing proyects you just scratch your pocket and say not importing....

And a lot of you non-American collectors have went through headaches and hell with customs, taxes, tariffs, etc. I commend overseas collectors for the dedication but I don't want or need any of that if I don't have to. And thankful with SS and other companies being American based, I don't have to. SS and other companies are HERE in the US with A LOT of statues. XM is overseas and has like 4. It's just beneficial to us that we have more options here.

But Lol it's ok. It's not so much that Americans want everything on a silver platter. It's more so some Americans set up business and got to work to produce and distribute these things for sale HERE :). If it was the opposite and SS was in another country, it'd be the same for us who really love the sculpts and characters. Here's hoping nobody overseas makes a killer 1/4 Spidey I have to have!!!

a simple detail that changes everything :clap

repainting eyes in 3,2,1...

Platinum, Samuel, Platinum :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

You can't really compare XM to SS though, unless the price is ridiculously cheaper in Asia. In the UK the resellers who are selling both Companies products the XM statues are double the price of a SS statue :horror

I didnt have a problem with the eyes but after seeing these repainted with pupils wow... I'm considering sending mine in to someone to have them done.

Screw that. Hopefully SSC gets it right and sticks the pupils in there on the production pieces.

Statue looks great and Love the white eyes.Ex head is meh, my girl said it looked like Gambit dressed up as Jean..lol.

I think I'm still in for PO of the EX and I get the feeling if we can continue to gripe, the pupils will def be added in. It's an easy fix for SSC and makes complete sense. Just like Storm, one head should def have the pupils.

Back