Premium Format Article: Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Ya I actually think the pose and regular head look fantastic. I am not sure I am sold on the EX head though.

There's more to Psylocke and Rogue and Storm, meanwhile this costs 20% more.

The quality control better be damn near perfect.

Definitely not Sideshow's best effort to say the least. Ex head is horrible, reg head looks strange with no pupils. Very much on the fence with this one. Really wish they would dump the ex head and give us a better portrait.

Yeeesh...mmmmm...don't care for this, but then again, I would never have ordered a Jean Grey anyway.

Wow, is she ever stacked, though!

I waited so long for this. As much as I like the reg I don't see myself dropping 360 for this statue. Just one more available PO that I can order. Really bummed about this ****.

Sent from the Bat Computer

Wow, is she ever stacked, though!

300173_It5vdAsM_press08.jpg

Spiderwoman and Rogue should more than convince you that there are many places where a fully sculpted spandex PF can go wrong...

Oh, I didn't say there would be no problems. Just that googly eyes won't be one.

I pre-ordered Rogue, Spider-Woman, and Psylocke on Day 1, so I know the lesson well by now. How does the BSG saying go? "All this has happened before..."

Preorder day one like the pose I'm happy :)

Your building a Gold Team

At least googly eyes won't be a problem.

:lol:lol:lol

I like it, pre order for me. :)

She does have her Charms but for a anticipated piece the bar wasn't very high, I see what they where going for but something was lost from concept to completion, I would love to know what was being used as the basis for Jean Grey, I feel the EX could have been something else and you should have received both heads regardless and the Blue Paint could have been a little Darker, I will be getting her but the long hair version will be what I display and after the new has worn off, turn that Blue Down around the Royal Blue or just a shade or two lighter than that but then again she may just look perfect when I get her home, Now to make space :lol:lol:lol

Be Cool
Al

P.S. Nice Caboose

Your building a Gold Team

:lol:lol:lol

She does have her Charms but for a anticipated piece the bar wasn't very high, I see what they where going for but something was lost from concept to completion, I would love to know what was being used as the basis for Jean Grey, I feel the EX could have been something else and you should have received both heads regardless and the Blue Paint could have been a little Darker, I will be getting her but the long hair version will be what I display and after the new has worn off, turn that Blue Down around the Royal Blue or just a shade or two lighter than that but then again she may just look perfect when I get her home, Now to make space :lol:lol:lol

Be Cool
Al

P.S. Nice Caboose

Ya I wont be using the EX head, like the reg one much more.

Does her eyes in the comics turn white when she uses her powers? Might see if spazzy or darkspidey can paint some pupils on the regular head.. Or maybe send them the EX head and have them redo it... Hmmm

Does her eyes in the comics turn white when she uses her powers? Might see if spazzy or darkspidey can paint some pupils on the regular head.. Or maybe send them the EX head and have them redo it... Hmmm

Yes, When she is really Cooking my Friend

Where are the pupils? It looks weird with no pupils. Very rarely in the comics have her eyes been white, it's not normal.

And Jean head big hair but it looks a little extra on both portraits. The regular head looks better though but the hair on top looks weird. Other than that I love the actual pose from the waist up.

Not terrible but this was a missed opportunity to do something better... Rock base, simulate flying, something on the base like Juggernaut's helmet similar to Cyclops' base having Magneto's helmet. As a simple standing figure I'm not sure why this was so difficult.

I like this angle at the moment:

300173_Sf4233sb_press06.jpg

About as mediocre a Jean Grey as possible. Cut the brown ponytail off the EX head, give her a staff, trenchcoat, and a deck of cards then you'd have Gambit. Pass for me.

No fault at all of the sculptors, but no woman EVER wants to wear something that makes her hips look wider. Stupid non-functioning shoulder pads and the stupid padding on the side of tights should never have been there.

That's Jim Lee's designing flair for you.

Hardly. She's small, simplistic base, simplistic outfit. QotD was overpriced too, but she's way more intricate and worth the same price than Jean is. Something like this shouldn't go passed 299

Agreed. $360 for an oversized Bowen statue. Ho-hum.

Where are the pupils? It looks weird with no pupils. Very rarely in the comics have her eyes been white, it's not normal.

And Jean head big hair but it looks a little extra on both portraits. The regular head looks better though but the hair on top looks weird. Other than that I love the actual pose from the waist up.

Not terrible but this was a missed opportunity to do something better... Rock base, simulate flying, something on the base like Juggernaut's helmet similar to Cyclops' base having Magneto's helmet. As a simple standing figure I'm not sure why this was so difficult.

I like this angle at the moment:

View attachment 104031

The No pupils thing did happen mostly when she was Phoenix but as the picture I posted shows when using her powers it did happen. Why they chose to have both heads no pupils :dunno

Back