Premium Format Article: Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

I am with you on every aspect of your commentary my Friend, except that I am hoping that if there is a COH it is the long haired version :pray: but if it is something else, it better Blow me away, or I might have a hard time justifying getting her and remember as to date this is pure conjecture based on two pic's and rumor before the full revel, so come on preview

Be Cool Gasdoc
Al

I'm with you on this Al. If there isn't an alt portrait with the longer hair (and pupils!), then I am going to have a really hard time convincing myself to buy this. The head shown is fine for the cartoon look, but not for fitting in with the other X-Men statues SS has produced.

I'm with you on this Al. If there isn't an alt portrait with the longer hair (and pupils!), then I am going to have a really hard time convincing myself to buy this. The head shown is fine for the cartoon look, but not for fitting in with the other X-Men statues SS has produced.

I am hoping it has an alt head with the free flowing hair and a slight "Famke" likeness like the art...

I am just hoping it will be like Deadpool, a comic version and a serious version of which I display but there is another thing that always gets me concerned before the preview is the pose and based on what the pose is supposed to look like per the Comic's, will it be another Reeves/Superman debacle

I am hoping it has an alt head with the free flowing hair and a slight "Famke" likeness like the art...

You got it Bad but I don't Blame you one Bit my Friend :lol:lol:lol:lol

Yes. (Although Nip/Tuck ruined Famke a little for me.) :lol

I am just hoping it will be like Deadpool, a comic version and a serious version of which I display but there is another thing that always gets me concerned before the preview is the pose and based on what the pose is supposed to look like per the Comic's, will it be another Reeves/Superman debacle

You got it Bad but I don't Blame you one Bit my Friend :lol:lol:lol:lol

It has to be this. Right? Right?

I haven't seen nip tuck but I wouldn't kick Famke out of bed.

I'm willing to bet her character in Nip/Tuck you'd kick out your bed once you found out the truth...although like several others on the show you'd probably find out too late! :horror

I think Jean Grey fans just want a GOOD representation of the character pre Phoenix. Although the reveal has NOT happened these photos are undoubtedly worrying to many.

That is true, Jean Grey fans want a good representation of the character, but I was also joking which is why I used the wink: :wink1:.

Or mostly joking, anyway...lol. Unless the entire sculpt really is terrible I see myself having both this and Phoenix when they get to her. Like Xavier, Jean is in my top 5 X-Men, I wouldn't mind having 2 versions of her.

Phoenix is inevitable. Just because we're getting 90s Jean now doesn't mean Phoenix won't happen. Same with Juggernaut, Magneto, Beast, Archangel, Iceman. Same with revisits... we're getting Hellfire Club White Queen Emma, we'll eventually get White Storm, White Mystique, Brown Wolverine, etc. They'll all happen even if years from now. SS thinks about the longevity of their brand unlike most collectors. They can't just rush out all the most wanted pieces. They have to think about business and building loyalty to keep you collecting for years to come. Hence things like prices are going up, but to ease your pockets you can use earned Reward Points and still earn points on dollars spent on the same purchase.

I'm willing to bet her character in Nip/Tuck you'd kick out your bed once you found out the truth...although like several others on the show you'd probably find out too late! :horror

That is true, Jean Grey fans want a good representation of the character, but I was also joking which is why I used the wink: :wink1:.

Or mostly joking, anyway...lol. Unless the entire sculpt really is terrible I see myself having both this and Phoenix when they get to her. Like Xavier, Jean is in my top 5 X-Men, I wouldn't mind having 2 versions of her.

Phoenix is inevitable. Just because we're getting 90s Jean now doesn't mean Phoenix won't happen. Same with Juggernaut, Magneto, Beast, Archangel, Iceman. Same with revisits... we're getting Hellfire Club White Queen Emma, we'll eventually get White Storm, White Mystique, Brown Wolverine, etc. They'll all happen even if years from now. SS thinks about the longevity of their brand unlike most collectors. They can't just rush out all the most wanted pieces. They have to think about business and building loyalty to keep you collecting for years to come. Hence things like prices are going up, but to ease your pockets you can use earned Reward Points and still earn points on dollars spent on the same purchase.

Atm they have on pre-order:

comic Captain America, comic Hulk (x3) and comic Thor for Avengers
comic Batman, Keaton Batman / comic Superman, Reeve Superman, Cavill Superman

Overkill IMO.

Overkill IMO.
I agree. Personally I'm nervous about how much is on order right now. You forgot harley catwoman wonder woman and now jean. Personally I'm worried this is the end of the road. For years I thought they had a long term strategy and now it looks like they r putting all their cards on the table

I agree. Personally I'm nervous about how much is on order right now. You forgot harley catwoman wonder woman and now jean. Personally I'm worried this is the end of the road. For years I thought they had a long term strategy and now it looks like they r putting all their cards on the table

This almost happened to me last year then I brought in my strict rules only x-men and marvel movies have sold anything that didn't fit apart from thor pf

It's really helped only have apocolypse and iron patriot on preorder and getting jean Thursday

Oh and two customs :)

Well that just Sucked the Air out of the room, Peedi :lol:lol:lol:lol

BTW I see your point, it's that Damned Entitled Generation my Friend :wink1:

Overkill IMO.

No not at all, when they want your Blood, I will be concerned, Egel :lol:lol:lol

This almost happened to me last year then I brought in my strict rules only x-men and marvel movies have sold anything that didn't fit apart from thor pf

It's really helped only have apocolypse and iron patriot on preorder and getting jean Thursday

I can easily afford it all I'm just wondering why release so much now...what's the rush

Maybe th dc license is pushing need for more revenue

I can easily afford it all I'm just wondering why release so much now...what's the rush

Maybe th dc license is pushing need for more revenue

Maybe all those unsold Bats and Supes PF regs have something to do with that

Sent from the Bat Computer

No my Friend, there just Greedy my Friend

That's is my plan X-Men Only but there pushing it with Harley, Red Sonja, Queen of the Dead + WonderWoman and Now Jean, what can I say I am a Ladies Man :wink1:

That's is my plan X-Men Only but there pushing it with Harley, Red Sonja, Queen of the Dead + WonderWoman and Now Jean, what can I say I am a Ladies Man :wink1:

I'm not even a WW fan and only read Batman when it comes to DC but that WW PF has me real tempted. It looks absolutely amazing.

There is nothing at all wrong with that...:duff

Right now my collection green lights are Marvel, DC, Conan and a movie HT here or there from some of my fav flicks. I'm probably going to have to be more selective within the DC and Marvel categories the way things are being released now.

There is nothing at all wrong with that...:duff

Right now my collection green lights are Marvel, DC, Conan and a movie HT here or there from some of my fav flicks. I'm probably going to have to be more selective within the DC and Marvel categories the way things are being released now.

With so much good stuff coming out, definitely must be more selective... can't buy everything they release, just not enough space.

With so much good stuff coming out, definitely must be more selective... can't buy everything they release, just not enough space.

Lol yes! Wait until sdcc we will get plenty more PO coming soon. I want to see with so many orders how people can keep buying so many new statues. Even if one can afford it all, good luck on space for both the statues and brown shippers. Sooner or later the bubble will burst. There's just no way to store or display everything. I can see at least 20 to 30 new PF coming this year. It can be a good thing for some and a bad thing for others.
But curious as to what the full jean will look like on the 17th.

Back