Big Chief- Doctor Who, The 11th Doctor (Matt Smith)1/6th scale review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The promo pic was there for quite a while all by itself (almost 2 hours), after building everyone up before the big reveal, before the close up head shot was put up by another facebook user, and even then, the closeup was initially added to an already long thread, and buried within it a good way down, so that many people wouldn't have seen it at the time, unless they expanded the comments a couple of times and looked through all of that first (it has since risen to the top as a 'top comment'). Big Chief themselves didn't bother to add any better pics for a full day on top of all that, either. I was online from minute one of the reveal on facebook, so I saw it all unfold. And if you notice, the majority of negative comments came in when there was only the first promo pic to judge by, and nothing else yet.

And I'm not defending over the top reactions, as I said, I was all very 'wait for better pics' at the time, just saying that I'm not in the least bit surprised that that's how things went down, considering how it was unveiled, and how collectors are, that's all. Anyway, moving on...

When I saw that first pic I was shocked, actually didn't think I would want to buy it, second pic does look better but still, I don't like this as much as I hoped I would, must say I prefer the sculpt on the tweed version. Matt doesn't have such extreme eyebags/wrinkles as that sculpt seems to have, I actually thought at first this was meant to be the slightly aged version from Time of the Doctor but for that it doesn't look old enough. Not sure yet if I'll buy it, if so than just because I'm a completist when it comes to 11th Doctor figures and because it might look better in hand, although I'd feel bad about spending that kind of money on something I'm not sure I really want.

Finally got my hands on the 11th Doctor.

Right now I can't seem to make up my mind, I'm heading to Fan Expo in Toronto next week and Matt is one of their guests which means I can get this figure signed but on the other hand I also have the limited of 250 signed one arriving tomorrow.

Should I get it signed or not?

Finally got my hands on the 11th Doctor.

Right now I can't seem to make up my mind, I'm heading to Fan Expo in Toronto next week and Matt is one of their guests which means I can get this figure signed but on the other hand I also have the limited of 250 signed one arriving tomorrow.

Should I get it signed or not?

Dude that is SWEET. I wish I had a buddy going to that expo that could get me an autograph. [emoji1]

Looks great. Trying to find one myself, I could've gotten one from Go Hastings for 170 but I slept on that deal.

This 11th Doctor got triple signed by Matt yesterday.

I was going to get only the stand signed but accidentally delete the photos I've taken of him signing it so I went back again.

He is totally awesome and very thoughtful for doing this, I had him sign the figure itself at the time he signed the back of the coat but then he signed the front of the shirt as well since you can't see the autograph when I display him.

Two autographs for the price of one.

I like how you use the plaques. Me, I stuck my autograph on the other way around without thinking. That's the way they they present it in their promo pics. Of course that means it lies only slightly raised. Yours are proper 90 degrees vertical. I so should have figured that one out.

37e8356e8db831a371765ec06763d6f7.jpg
fe27b70ceb9a35afa0c6d103ca756f16.jpg

Does anyone know if it is possible to remove that gray wash from the face of this guy? Mine looks a bit like a zombie. Maybe some rubbing alcohol, but I've never tried anything like that before

Thought I'd bump up this thread since it is a great figure, but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the series 7 version as well.
I took my 11th Doctor out of the case today to do a photoshoot with my newly finished Amy Pond 11th Hour custom:
doctor-and-amy.jpg

doctor-and-amy2.jpg

Back