Harmy's Star Wars Despecialized Edition Remastered MKV2.5 Now Available

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ROTJ Update:

Waiting on scans from a 35MM print that will in the end be less work on Harmy and require much less tinkering to "Despecialize".

Patience will be needed on this one.

It's my least favorite of the OT, so I can wait.

image3.jpg

Yes... we all love sci-fi movies.

:lol

Finally watched 2.0 Harmy ESB last night. Wow. Just wow. The best experience I've had watching this movie since 1980. I very much look forward to seeing ROTJ 2.0 but I'm also content with his 1.0 for the time being. I can wait.

Even if Disney does release the original unaltered trilogy I just don't see them taking the painstaking time to make all the color corrections and ensure that no little Special Edition-isms slip in like some of the alternate lines of dialogue and so forth. And what I love about the Harmy movies is that he did retain the matte box and transparency cleanup of the SE's but nothing else. I'm sure Disney will feel compelled to release the true unaltered films if and when they do, which would be fine of course, but the version of SW I've always wanted is that what Harmy has provided.

But how can u hate ROTJ it has one of the best lines in the trilogy:

View attachment 130030

And then theres this:
View attachment 130031

I think Jedi is where they might have gone a bit too kid-friendly with short, furry ewoks defeating Imperial walkers with slingshots. I can appreciate the message they were trying to send I just think they could have done it a bit better.

Finally watched 2.0 Harmy ESB last night. Wow. Just wow. The best experience I've had watching this movie since 1980. I very much look forward to seeing ROTJ 2.0 but I'm also content with his 1.0 for the time being. I can wait.

Even if Disney does release the original unaltered trilogy I just don't see them taking the painstaking time to make all the color corrections and ensure that no little Special Edition-isms slip in like some of the alternate lines of dialogue and so forth. And what I love about the Harmy movies is that he did retain the matte box and transparency cleanup of the SE's but nothing else. I'm sure Disney will feel compelled to release the true unaltered films if and when they do, which would be fine of course, but the version of SW I've always wanted is that what Harmy has provided.

I agree completely. :goodpost:

Back