Harmy's Star Wars Despecialized Edition Remastered MKV2.5 Now Available

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks again JJJ you did a good job with my discs. The disc labels are nice as well, ruff like sand paper. So far other than
the amazing picture and sound quality, I really like the corrections to colors and sounds. Like luke's saber being the same blue
color throughout SW. I never liked how it would be cyan, then later white-green, glad its finally blue.

How is it people like Harmy and Adywan can remove matte boxes from ships and backgrounds but LFL, with all their money and power, can't?!? The official blu-rays were such a ****ing joke!

If we're lucky by the end of the year.

He's looking to use a 35mm scan to avoid having to digitially despecialize the required shots.

You know I actually like that movie just starts up immediately after you put it in the player. No menu, no jumping to a scene, takes me back to VHS. :D

:exactly: I'm with you. Insert disc and the Fox fanfare starts right up - just as it should.

How is it people like Harmy and Adywan can remove matte boxes from ships and backgrounds but LFL, with all their money and power, can't?!? The official blu-rays were such a ****ing joke!

I just watched the MKV of Empire 2.0 last night and I saw the same matte box shots as I do in the official Blu Rays

They are no where near as bad on the Blu Rays or in Harmy's versions as they were in the VHS & DVD versions. HD has a much higher color range and better contrast so it helps them blend in like they should. There are actually a few that even show up in the theater actually again not real noticeable but they are there........until Seeing them for years and years on VHS I doubt anyone would notice them but on VHS they stood out like a sore thumb due to limited color rage and bad contrast of the format.

We were able to see matte boxes in 1977 right ? :dunno

In the theater most of the matte boxes are not visible at all due to film having a far greater color range and better contrast. They were never meant to be seen, home video of course was not a consideration in the compositing. Almost all of the work ILM did in the 80's you can see the matte boxes on VHS & DVD, the Star Trek films, Explorers, and many others....any composite shot that used a garbage matte in the compositing shows up when there is reduced color and contrast.

Back