Harmy's Star Wars Despecialized Edition Remastered MKV2.5 Now Available

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, All of those awaiting domestic orders, they have been completed and will be in the mail tomorrow morning.

Air-mail orders will be going out on Saturday.

If you are still waiting, hit me up

For those that are always asking why 720p and not full 1080p HD ?

Here is an example:

On the left is the Official release made from the Special Edition negative.

On the right is Harmy's 720p upscale made from a 35mm print.

BD_DVNR.png

For those that are always asking why 720p and not full 1080p HD ?

Here is an example:

On the left is the Official release made from the Special Edition negative.

On the right is Harmy's 720p upscale made from a 35mm print.

BD_DVNR.png

The 720p looks great to me, far better than any of the official releases!

I cant see it and the link was broken too, but ill take your word for it. These SW blu rays are amazing :woo
I find it sad though that we had to wait all these yrs for SW like we've always wanted and it was done by harmy for practically nothing,
instead of gazillionaire George lucas. GL is a D Y C K :mad:

I cant see it and the link was broken too, but ill take your word for it. These SW blu rays are amazing :woo
I find it sad though that we had to wait all these yrs for SW like we've always wanted and it was done by harmy for practically nothing,
instead of gazillionaire George lucas. GL is a D Y C K :mad:

While I agree that Lucas should have made these available to fans instead of forcing the Special Editions, Harmy's work just goes to show how huge of an impact SW has had on multiple generations of fans. I find it amazing that there are people like Harmy and Adywan doing this type of work. Without SW to generate this type of fandom, who knows what franchise would (maybe) have take its place?!

Something as dumb as it sounds, I never noticed all the yrs watching SW is that 3PO has a silver leg. I know its always
been there but I never paid any attention to it, has it been said why one of his feet is silver?

I remember when the prequels were being made Lucas said something about explaining why he had the silver leg but I don't think they ever showed it.

Interesting question. I encourage you to read up on it on the wookieepedia.

In short, at the end of episode 3, C3PO was dipped in gold and had his memory erased. He then served as a translation droid along side the Organa family in the senate.

Some time between then and the events in episode 4, a bomb was placed in his leg. Events unfolded that allowed the safe removal of the leg, but as he was dipped in gold specially, no gold legs were around. And time (or hard times in the Organa family) never permitted him to dip the leg.

That's the canon. But the real reason is simple. They wanted him to look like he had some history. Like a scar on the face.

Well just got through watching ESB for the 2nd time and it looks so good, the sound too. It weird all the differences I've
been noticing from these theatrical versions, there is a lot of different dialogue. Now I just need to see what ROTJ is like
in its original version :yess:

Well just got through watching ESB for the 2nd time and it looks so good, the sound too. It weird all the differences I've
been noticing from these theatrical versions, there is a lot of different dialogue. Now I just need to see what ROTJ is like
in its original version :yess:

The audio is amazing! The quality and exact detail are better than some proffessionally produced movies.

Just watched both movies on blu-ray and boy were they AMAZING! It blew me away just how good they looked compared to the official releases, Harmy is a true master at his craft! As someone who grew up with the 97 special editions never seeing the originals until now, I vastly prefer the unaltered releases. All the outdated cgi sticks out like a sore thumb and really doesn't make any difference in the grand scheme of things. This is the only way I'm going to watch Star Wars from now on, the only other versions I might be interested in is Adywan's revisited or if they officially release these on blu-ray. Otherwise it's Harmy's versions above all else! Many thanks to jimjimmyjones85 for getting these to me, they came way quicker than expected!

Back