Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series! Beware Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series!

Man, I liked tonight's episode even more than the previous one!

First of all, it seems like Ward's betrayal is indeed real. On the minus side, that means Hand is really dead. On the plus side, it means the writers didn't wimp out on it. Which is good.

Love the May/Coulson conflict. Conflict is good for the show. Everything was a bit too nicey-nice. Having Triplet join the team (for now, at least) is good for the Simmons/Fitz dynamic, too, I think. I wouldn't mind if he's the new "Ward" role. But I do hope he gets defined a bit better as a character in his own right.

I really did like the feel of them on the run and strapped for resources. And Coulson's desperate plea at the end that SHIELD (and all he and they had done) had to mean something was fantastic.

Man, I liked tonight's episode even more than the previous one!

First of all, it seems like Ward's betrayal is indeed real. On the minus side, that means Hand is really dead. On the plus side, it means the writers didn't wimp out on it. Which is good.

Love the May/Coulson conflict. Conflict is good for the show. Everything was a bit too nicey-nice. Having Triplet join the team (for now, at least) is good for the Simmons/Fitz dynamic, too, I think. I wouldn't mind if he's the new "Ward" role. But I do hope he gets defined a bit better as a character in his own right.

I really did like the feel of them on the run and strapped for resources. And Coulson's desperate plea at the end that SHIELD (and all he and they had done) had to mean something was fantastic.

:goodpost: I completely agree. I loved the episode and the show just keeps getting better and better, IMO! :rock

I liked the episode, but not for the reasons that have been stated so far. I actually liked the Ward/Garrett scenes the best. It is always enjoyable to see someone go unabashedly "bad". They had some great one liners (steak dinner anyone?) and I like how Ward took out those two guards at the Fridge. Also good to see Raina back. I have always liked her character. It is cool seeing them assemble a team of baddies, Raina, Quinn, can Gravitron be far behind?

I thought Coulson's scenes with May were a bit too dramatic for my tastes. He works in the intelligence field. He knows not everyone knows everything about everyone. May had a job to do and she did it. She has more than explained herself to him. I can understand him not forgiving her, but I cannot understand how he cant understand why she did what she did. I actually cringed a little during Coulson's big Shield speech. Very akward. Not sure if it was his delivery or what he was saying. It just came out very forced to me. Also, don't care to see Patton Oswald's charcacter on the show. I guess he is comic relief, but I cant see Fury trusting someone like that with such important info. Hope Ward kills him next week. :lol

Another good show. I loved Coulson's speech myself. It was the whole shield falling apart, fury dead, etc. all hitting him at once.

Yeah, I'm glad he turned into more than what it looked like in IM1.

I haven't even finished the episode, but I must say that I've already witnessed what is probably one of my favorite moments in any Marvel film or TV Show, ever, when Garrett tells the "Hail Hydra" dude to put his arms down because he looks like "a west Texas cheerleader at a Pep rally." It's pure gold as observational humor, and Paxton's delivery made it that much better. I'm a little sad that Garrett's the Clairvoyant, though, because you just know that there will, inevitably, be an end to Paxton's character. One thing I hope this show does, though, is try and flesh out Hydra's motives. What is their ultimate goal? Why is a guy like Garrett attracted to an organization like this (be honest, he doesn't really scream "neo-nazi skinhead" to me. I know Hydra's technically not still a Nazi thing, but, still, he doesn't strike me as some "vorld domeenation, meestah Bond" take over the world type, or, really, even the henchmen to one of them.

If anyone is at the slightest bit invested in the MCU, then this show is a must watch.

I just watched a clip of the Deathstroke fight in Arrow and it was bad.

The fights in AOS are much better choreographed and brutal.

Like hell it was. Arrow's fight scenes are badass. Stop trying to make everything a ****ing competition, Jyecat.

Really? I find Arrow to have better fight/action sequences, as well as more interesting characters (Arrow, Canary, Slade, Felicity and Diggle)

I do like Agents of SHIELD, but have to admit I was kind of happy when SHIELD ended in Cap :lol I am secretly hoping they make the second season of Agents of SHIELD the Peggy Carter series and it's about the formation of SHIELD with Howard Stark.

Gonna have to start watching this again, sounds like its gotten very interesting.

Agreed...wish I'd given it more time now rather than just the first few episodes I did watch :slap. Oh well, just hope they do a box set!!

I need to watch it in its entirety then to make a final judgement, but what I saw was meh.

Competition is healthy.

Get your WB/DC to the gym and get them into shape. :lol

DC is in the gym, when it comes to TV. Pretty much all season, with the exception of the last four, Arrow's been doing salmon ladders (both literally and figuratively), while Son of Coul struggled to deadlift a 45 lb. bar.:lol

Yes, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D has picked up a lot and I love how it interacts with movies in the theatres. It's fun to follow if you're a Marvel fanboy. :)

Finally saw Captain America, so now have a better understanding of what's going on. Not really. It's pretty simple formulaic stuff. The order of which I saw first doesn't matter and yes, I saw a lot of things a mile away. In the Cap film. lol

If anyone is at the slightest bit invested in the MCU, then this show is a must watch.

I just watched a clip of the Deathstroke fight in Arrow and it was bad.

The fights in AOS are much better choreographed and brutal.
Bull ****. The fight scenes and overall quality of Arrow blow this show out of the water.

Back