eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HanLukeOnDS-ANH.jpg

""I don't know. I can imagine quite a bit."

I'm sure that's their responce when they are figuring how how much it can be before we won't buy it

While I have this on order, my days of collecting this line are coming to an end. Can't say i've ever been priced out when it comes to Star Wars. I can't fathom the incredible price increse.

Seeing as this is my first Starwars Helmet preorder, I'm not too familiar with costs when it comes to Prop replicas and such. $699 does seem high.

Seeing as this is my first Starwars Helmet preorder, I'm not too familiar with costs when it comes to Prop replicas and such. $699 does seem high.

It seems high because it is high. Prices have done nothing but increase over the years. Not just for prop replicas, but for 1/6 scale, quarter scale and everything else. I imagine their next Legend helmet, Boba Fett, will be even more expensive.

I imagine their next Legend helmet, Boba Fett, will be even more expensive.
I'm thinking that this will be the case too... For as much as efx have basically defended the high price point of both versions of the Scout by saying it's been a uniquely complicated process, I just can't see them selling two helmets with a substantially bigger market for less than the Scout. I guess this will make it easier for me to stop with 3 or 4 lids: this, the efx Vader Limited that's in the mail, the Stormie Legend (or whatever they call the new "Limited" :lol), and maybe the ESB Fett that's coming...

Fett will easily be $999.99... :(

I got my lifesize Fett bust with shipping to Australia for less than that....

I know it's not as accurate as the EFX Fett helmet will be but it does the job for me...

I will take a bust over a helmet any day and especially with the prices being charged.

Look at it this way, the Clonetrooper helmets from Master Replicas were $399. This offering, while not dissimilar is almost doubled.

On one hand, pretty much anything you can buy, collectible or not, is more expensive than it was even 10 years ago (which is roughly how old Master Replicas stuff is). One could also look at the Don Post Vader lid from 1996 and compare it to either of the efx Vaders. The DP is undoubtedly less accurate, and came out 15 or so years earlier, yet it was $200 more than the $1000 efx Legend! As far as I'm aware, there's never been a licensed Scout lid with such direct lineage to the original prop, though there have been several licensed examples. Because of that I'm not sure there's anything to compare this price to in a meaningful way.

Is it expensive? Of course. But seeing as at least the Limited is already sold out (direct, at least), I don't see the prices going anywhere any time soon. Personally, the only way I can handle that is by limiting myself to three helmets: Vader Limited(bought, and arriving today!), Scout Limited(preordered), and Stormie "Limited_V2"/Legend. I'll be curious to see how high a price others will tolerate, but that's it.

Look at it this way, the Clonetrooper helmets from Master Replicas were $399. This offering, while not dissimilar is almost doubled.

Miss those $399 MR days. Inflation is insane and no doubt still rising.

I'm not an apologist on price increases, and I do think the price is a bit higher than it needs to be.

That said, not dissimilar in raw material cost, yes. But if I recall correctly, all clone trooper armor was done in CGI without a single suit built. So while MR did a great job recreating the clone buckets, there would be no effort expended thoroughly researching the original prop or materials/build process to recreate.

The amount of time, energy, and work eFX seems to do researching, scanning, and just poring over the original replica may be part of the premium paid for pieces like the Scout helmet. Along with inflation, rising material costs, licensing, and many other considerations, of course.

I think the way they price the Stormtrooper and Fett helmets, as well as the Y-Wing, will be more indicative of how their pricing structure will go from here on out. I honestly thought the prices for the pieces I own (TIE FIghter, Luke helmet, Wedge helmet) were pretty fair.

Some of them, you could get on sale for less than $200. Yeah, I don't see double the value here, despite my love for the OT.

Some of them, you could get on sale for less than $200. Yeah, I don't see double the value here, despite my love for the OT.
This is where I'll respectfully disagree. :) I'd take one OT trooper lid (especially the Scout, my favorite design) over ten of the CGI-based, "poor-man's stormtrooper"(my opinion, maybe an exaggeration but you know what I mean :lol ) clone designs. I grew up during the time when the prequels were coming out, and even still I don't have anywhere near the feelings of nostalgia I have for the OT. For $700 I'll have a helmet I've always wanted to have, and the closest thing to the real thing I'll ever be able to afford.

Now, at $700-$900 apiece, I wouldn't be happy if I was looking at a bigger helmet collection, but I'm not(my 3 lid plan is explained earlier) so the high price is something I can live with.

PS- Hedji- awesome collection! I love the way every piece has enough space to breathe. Nothing seems cramped, all flows really nicely.

Miss those $399 MR days. Inflation is insane and no doubt still rising.

The recent prices for some collectibles is close to insane. eFX helmets are very expensive, and so are some of the SSC statues like Obi-Want LSF. Though I'd buy a helmet or a prop 20 times faster than buying a LSF statue

Back