eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think after ANH Vader and TIE Fighter, the Scout and the Stormtrooper Hero helmets might be next. I'll wait and see, and hope for the best. If eFX do a good job on the Scout, then I might get this too - most likely will be looking for the clean version. If they will fail with quality or with long waits, then I'll be happy with my great LoneWolf Scout lid. :)

I hope so. Lonewolf isn't doing more of them. I really want one.

I know LoneWolf made a few already, mine being no. #8. Not sure if he still makes them but if he does someone who wants a really accurate lid can go with him. The wait is not too long, but the final product is top notch and LW himself is a fantastic guy.

That being said I really hope eFX will provide a great Scout helmet. I will keep both the eFX and the LW, one being licensed and one being fan made, each one with their qualities.

I contacted him the other day, and he said he isn't doing them any longer. :( It's a lengthy process.

So I'm left to go with eFX. Good thing I'm a rather patient guy.

I contacted him the other day, and he said he isn't doing them any longer. :( It's a lengthy process.

So I'm left to go with eFX. Good thing I'm a rather patient guy.

I understand why he is not doing them anymore. He makes them exactly like the screen used helmets were made for ROTJ, by joining 2 ABS halves, carefully gluing and connecting them together, and them sanding and painting them to look like a single piece. That is a very difficult process indeed, only a fan could go for this kind of accuracy, eFX won't make it this way for sure.

Still if eFX will play their card well, their helmets will be great, and since so many people asked for a Scout lid for years, these will sell like hotcakes. But eFX really needs to be careful not to mess them up, or to repeat the mistakes they made with Vader helmets...

This will be a great seller, and probably my next eFX purchase. However this helmet is a LONG way off. Gives us plenty of time to save.

I don't understand why they missed the 30th anniversary of Jedi. This helmet should have been in our collections by now. I hope it will be coming soon because I've wanted an accurate version of this helmet ever since 1983 and nothing has been accurate enough for my taste so far. Come on eFX!

It's a shame what EFX is doing (or should I say not doing) with the SW license. So many items to produce but they go MIA for months without any word. I read all over the internet where collectors are waiting for this and the Fett Legend to be released. It's been 2 years since efx first mention this helmet and nothing since. The problem is EFX has no desire to grow their business and get these products out with any kind of urgency. I guess the only way to own a scout helmet is to go fan made.

The thing that really sucks is the Fett helmet and Stormtrooper helmet/armor were just announced last July at SDCC so with eFx's normal wait times it will probably be at least 12-18 months before those are available.

With eFX? $600-$800.

If Master Replicas was still in business? $500-$600.

(not to kick up dirt. Just a comparison)

I wouldn't be surprised if the price would be up towards the double of that. Simply because of the extensive time it is taking eFX to make this thing, and with the rising prices within this hobby in general... It's not going to be cheap. The Vader helmet was pretty expensive, so was the Tie Fighter.

Maybe but let's not forget that was Vader. People wanted a good licensed ANH Vader for years. Bikerscout is a nice character, but still not as important as Vader. Though with the recent price increases in almost everything I wouldn't be too surprised if the prices will be hiked up. Especially for Fett items.

Definitely not as important, but I'd dare say that the Scout Trooper design is a fan-favorite, and LW's buckets are extremely popular and sought out. But with so much time between releases, it's impossible to trace a price development, so each release can prove to be something very different in terms of pricing, compared to previous releases.

The thing that really sucks is the Fett helmet and Stormtrooper helmet/armor were just announced last July at SDCC so with eFx's normal wait times it will probably be at least 12-18 months before those are available.

Well, Cap shield & Iron Man helmet were shown almost 2.5 years ago and no word since, so....:slap

Well, Cap shield & Iron Man helmet were shown almost 2.5 years ago and no word since, so....:slap

Wow, I had no idea it had been that long since the Marvel stuff was announced. Guess I shouldn't get my hopes up for seeing the Fett or Stormie anytime soon then. :(

When you look at the EFX wait times on EVERYTHING they produce....its almost like these EFX guys are all collectors who use the company as an excuse to gain access to props so they can replicate them for their own personal collections. Only releasing the product when they need more money to get the rights to copy another......LOL!

Its not like Gino is a collector......right?....

PS.......Just poking fun Gino............dont flip out my brother!:wave

Back