eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you decided on which version your getting jkno?

I may have to go the legend purely for the blaster.

LE for me. I wouldn't dare trying importing through customs any kind of blaster pistol, resin or not. If the blaster was available from EU retailers then no problem, but not through customs. Plus I totally love the clean look of the LE, my only dirty helmet is a very accurate TE2 Sandtrooper professionally weathered by a RPF member.

Anyone else having a hard time getting replies from Bryan over there at EFX?

I haven't ever tried, but from what I've heard that's everyone, ever, niennumb1. Seems very hit or miss whether you hear back at all. Good luck! :duff

Anyone else having a hard time getting replies from Bryan over there at EFX?

It sucks that we go through this with every release but don't ever expect a reply from EFx. Just don't even think about it and we'll get half yearly updates about how productions been delayed and you'll just wake up one day with a shipping notice. This should really be stickied.

It sucks that we go through this with every release but don't ever expect a reply from EFx. Just don't even think about it and we'll get half yearly updates about how productions been delayed and you'll just wake up one day with a shipping notice. This should really be stickied.

I only ask because for a short while I actually had gotten a few replies back from him. I wanted to change over my LE to a Legend and he was happy to do it and everything on his end said it was fine and will be taken care of. However there was no new charges to reflect the deposit change and I have e-mailed the guy once every week or two (trying not to be a jerk and very nice about it) to get some kind of confirmation or anything official that has my order switched over.

Here I am ready to spend more money and I can't even get a simple reply. It was just really strange to get communication back and forth with success around 3-4 times and not it's total ignore mode. Am I getting my original LE order or Legend? WHO KNOWS. One is sold out, so I hope he allocated that to someone else to order, otherwise that's what I'll be getting.

EFX NEEDS more people working there. High quality products, poor communications leaving so many of us on the fence with money in limbo.

So, from EFX's website, details about the helmet: "Anticipated delivery: late September/early October."
For the payment plan it says late October.

Has anyone heard anything as far as an update on when this might be coming? Going by that we should be expecting it any day now. (And I know, I know, customer service from this company is an abomination and any purchase is like throwing money in a hole in the ground and then periodically checking to see if it's been replaced with something else, but seriously. Release should be imminent, right?)

So, from EFX's website, details about the helmet: "Anticipated delivery: late September/early October."
For the payment plan it says late October.

Has anyone heard anything as far as an update on when this might be coming? Going by that we should be expecting it any day now. (And I know, I know, customer service from this company is an abomination and any purchase is like throwing money in a hole in the ground and then periodically checking to see if it's been replaced with something else, but seriously. Release should be imminent, right?)

While I won't defend their customer service as it needs a major overhaul, they do deliver a knock-out product. Since they changed to their new release model, products have typically been about 2 months later than what they say. Hopefully you see it before Christmas.

That's true, while it's incredibly annoying it's better than a company that has good communication and customer service but ultimately delivers crap, I suppose.

Thanks for the 2 months info. Guess that gives me a little time to figure out a case or cover to display this :)

Well I personally think it makes for bad business when you can't get a little customer service. Sure they put out great product, but I just think it's a common courtesy to give someone the time of day who is getting lots of your hard earned dollars to take a few minutes to answer a question. It really isn't too much to ask.

It gives you the impression that the only relationship they want is with your wallets and nothing more.

I made this post on RS but thought would be good idea to post it here too.

In response to all the comments I can say this (as if it's not been said a million times already). If you haven't heard anything, then that means there is nothing new to hear.
You can assume things are still moving forward and the product is still getting refined with the factory.
It makes no sense to periodically chime in to say "still being worked on" because you can just assume that is the case unless you hear otherwise.

In regards to giving time frame estimates, that's just something that we try to do as minimally as possible. The reason for this is because whenever we give an estimate, it is based on the information we have at that moment (which is in a constant state of change).
But things change with the factories very frequently. If we were to constantly re-adjust the time estimates throughout the production, and they are continually exceeded (which they always are) then the credibility/reliability of those estimates would essentially become meaningless. Like a boy who cried wolf scenario.
That's why we only try to give time frame estimates when we feel they are more concrete (and even those are obviously not completely concrete all the time). And sometimes we don't know until it is right upon us, which of course we let you know as soon as we do.

My best advice is to have some patience and faith. Put your money aside for the balance of the item and try to relax. That way when it is ready to ship, you are good to go.
All the negativity and complaining does not do anything to help. It's like spitting into the wind.
What would be more helpful is to be supportive, and know that we are doing everything behind the scenes to get these items done to a quality/accuracy level we know you would expect from an EFX product, and of course as quickly as possible.
I can assure you that the problem with the long wait times etc.. has nothing to do with the company itself, (because any company trying to make limited runs of these very accurate types of props would suffer from the same manufacturing delays).
The only thing is that instead of us breaking down and releasing product early before it's ready just to get it out and take your money, we would prefer to take as long as we need to in order to get it right. That's what EFX is all about.
Because in years to come when you are showing off one of our pieces, you won't care that there were numerous delays when we were making it. What you will care about is that your collectible is awesome because it was made by EFX and no other company cared as much to get it right.

Last edited:
Case in point: I recently kickstarted something. A deck of cards. Cost: about 10 bucks, shipped. Over the course of the months between when the creator got funded and I got the cards, he wrote 50 updates on the progress of the project, from his design and planning, to prototypes, to the numerous delays that resulted from issues with his manufacturer. 50 updates. And this was just one guy, who didn't have any kind of marketing team, or sales team, or customer service team. Just one guy making a few thousand decks of cards.

Now for the Efx. Cost: $700. I'm looking back at my emails for the Limited Scout lid I bought, in full, on day one. One email. From the day I bought the thing. It's a receipt. Going on the website just creates confusion, as we can find a number of things listed as "in development" that were released years ago.

I don't think anyone's comments here, or at RS, or anywhere else are them being unsupportive of efx or what they bring us. Hell, by paying for the piece ahead of time we're being about as supportive as we can be. But I do think it would be nice to be able to have something to support. We know you're all working hard and not just sitting on your hands. We'd just like to hear something about what's happening every few months so we can be supportive. We're passionate fans that just need a little bit to be passionate about. That's all.

I hear you.
There just isn't anything of significance to relay.
No collectibles company gives actual play by play on whats going on the behind the scenes at the factories etc..

That I do understand. I didn't mean to compare the two as identical situations at all.

Even though there's not much to report yet, we all do appreciate your coming here to tell us what you have. And that efx doesn't appear to be willing to make compromises to push things out the door.

Thanks!
I'm always around to talk/discuss stuff from the product development side of things.

I check all the forums almost daily (sometimes multiple times). Most of the time there's just not anything for me to contribute.
And if I had a dollar for every time I was asked the price or release date of something (that we don't even know the answer to ourselves yet), I could buy Skywalker Ranch. lol
I'm always like, we let you guys know as soon as we know.

Back