Spooktacular 2012 announcement!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use to look forward to Spooktacular just as much as Comic Con, but I must agree with some that it's been a snoozefest for the last two or three years. Plus you think they would have more horror related collectibles for Spooktacular and it being close to Halloween and all.
If the Pinhead PF would be released for Spooktacular 2012 then it will make up for it. But I highly doubt it.

I use to look forward to Spooktacular just as much as Comic Con, but I must agree with some that it's been a snoozefest for the last two or three years. Plus you think they would have more horror related collectibles for Spooktacular and it being close to Halloween and all.
If the Pinhead PF would be released for Spooktacular 2012 then it will make up for it. But I highly doubt it.

last year I barely participated in spook

I personally hate when companies use facebook. I don't use facebook or twitter. And I'm not joining just to participate. I'm stubborn.

They gave away more stuff in their own chat room then they did on FB and Twitter.

With so many giveaways that happen through chat and through the site, plus discounts, freebies, new product announcements, etc. I'm still not seeing how it's seen that Facebook and Twitter somehow dominant the event. Yes, there's more going on through those outlets over the last couple of years (because each has a large fanbase) but there's still tons of goings on for the few that don't participate through social media realms too.

-SideshowAlex

I'm with ya on Vader. :rock

I'd buy it. :yess: SF Giants colors. :cool:

:horror

54f35755e98d8a7a11911350d579bd8ed033c6a.gif
:monkey3 ;)

With so many giveaways that happen through chat and through the site, plus discounts, freebies, new product announcements, etc. I'm still not seeing how it's seen that Facebook and Twitter somehow dominant the event. Yes, there's more going on through those outlets over the last couple of years (because each has a large fanbase) but there's still tons of goings on for the few that don't participate through social media realms too.

-SideshowAlex

tell your peeps to give us another hardcover catalog in the spook kit Alex! I won't buy another until it does :wave

I personally hate when companies use facebook. I don't use facebook or twitter. And I'm not joining just to participate. I'm stubborn.

+1 :exactly: I joined Facebook, discovered that it's retarded, and haven't been back since.

-SideshowAlex

I think because you seemed to announce everything on Facebook first and had a huge presence there but neglected the so called "die hard" fans who are on the message boards, the ones who have been with you the longest, that they felt a little left out. There are a lot of people who don't like Facebook but are religious to the boards and it seems there was a lot more for those fans in the past. Just my opinion.

Spooktacular was weak last year, SDCC was hyped up and a huge letdown (non-product speaking) so I'm not really excited for Spook this year.

I'll participate minimally but the old Spook feeling of being in Chat all day and night and rushing to find freebees and FREAKS helping FREAKS out are long gone.

Back