Fanboy pays $20K For Lunch With Joss Whedon.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
man-in-daisy-dukes.jpg

Thats absolutely crazy. Either a crazily obessed fan with waaaay too much money, or maybe someone hoping to put a foot in the door with a business proposal.

Anyone outside of this hobby that hears of someone buying a $200+ Hot Toys figure says we have too much money.

If I ad the cash and the courage, I would do this.

Things is, I wouldn't know what to say, I'd just have a very long list of questions. Of course, paying that much, I guess one should be able to go into depth about certain things.

Not sure what's worse this geek paying 20k to go on a mandate or Whedon whoring himself out. Still if it's for charity, it's win win win for all.

I know what's worse; people whining about it.

Seriously, who is hurt in this scenario? The rich guy/girl gets a lunch with his idol, Whedon might have fun too, and makes money for charity and feels good about it.

damn I used to deliver/pick up pkgs every couple days to his house and I got paid for it, but was too tongue tied to say very much, this is when I was a firefly fan first, i think he has moved since

I know what's worse; people whining about it.

Seriously, who is hurt in this scenario? The rich guy/girl gets a lunch with his idol, Whedon might have fun too, and makes money for charity and feels good about it.

I guess I'm not nerd enough (like yourself) evidently, to do such a weird thing. That's just me though pal :)
Like I said though, the money goes to charity so it's all good. You may loosen up your panties now dear ;)

Yes, because I was the one who seemed to have the problem with troublesome underwear making them cranky.

And I'm pretty sure it's about being rich enough, not nerd, in this scenario. You're telling me, if you were Donald Trump rich, there's no one you'd pay to talk to? For all we know, that's lunch money for this guy. It's only sad if he's not extremely loaded.

Last edited:
If this fan had that kind of dough to blow on lunch, he should give more for Whedon to run a couple of more seasons of Firefly.

Back